PDA

View Full Version : * NEW FEATURE IS LIVE *: Judged Face-Offs

J
12-13-2005, 12:50 PM
Due to the over whelming 'drama' started from our regular faceoffs. It seems that alot of people are not even participating in them. A few ideas have been pushed around and we will be developing a new type of face-off system. The old system will still be around but this new face-off system will be for those who feel that the regular face-offs arent giving them enough justice.

The new system will have a panel of judges who will vote on each face-off created. The panel will take into consideration the title of the face-off ie. 'Best paint job' and vote on the car they feel owns up to the title of the face-off the best, as well as filling out a comments section explaining their choice.

A template will be setup for the judges so they can vote accordingly on each 'title/class'.

There will be no waiting 24-48 hours for votes to come in. The panel of judges will be notified when a new face-off is created and will vote appropriately within that day (hopefully). The face-offs will be voted on according to their submission date, so its a first come first serve system.

This will eliminate the buddy system. There will be an odd number of judges to prevent ties. The panel can be rotated based on some 'factor', or we can have the same judges throughout a year,month,week.

A new 'icon' will be made to show a win or loss within this new system.

So think of this as:
The old system - Peer Review
The new system - Judged Review

Please let the discussion begin, think of any problems that might develop within the new system.

[This thread is subject to change for updates]

angiestars
12-13-2005, 12:58 PM
yay! thats all i have to say lol :gso:

Fastest302
12-13-2005, 12:59 PM
i think that would be better!

tweety
12-13-2005, 01:03 PM
J I think that is a good idea

tobedeleted_blnpony05
12-13-2005, 01:14 PM
I like the idea...see some possible problems tho. if the participants in the face-off know who the judges are I think it will still cause the same drama as the regular face-offs..."that person doesnt like me so they voted for the other person" or "they are friends so he/she voted for there friend" same old crap...how will the judges be chosen?? I personally think the judges should not be ppl in the top ten or twenty and that would exclude me from being a judge also...other than that I think it would be fun..more like a real competition. How about those side bets tho? I really like that idea :dance: :dance:

tobedeleted_blnpony05
12-13-2005, 01:17 PM
forgot to ask...will the challenges be made the same way?? If I challenge you then you have to accept or decline??

J
12-13-2005, 01:21 PM
The panel of judges will be a mix of people... A group of people that I feel will represent 'Mustang Love' and also are mature enough to vote accordingly, and not on friendships.

J
12-13-2005, 01:23 PM
The side bets can be written into this system, and it makes much sense to have side bets on something like this because you have no control over the outcome of the face-offs. and No, the judges will not be allowed to make side bets. lol

YsOffcr
12-13-2005, 01:43 PM
Sounds like a pretty good system. Are the judges going to be the same people every time or are they gonna switch up? I think if you chose judges every couple of months it would keep things interesting and fair, and have the judges be owners of different generation Stangs.

blown93feature
12-13-2005, 02:00 PM
Ok J as we talked about, we need to make sure that everyone is aware of the reguirements before they enter the contest so there is no probs after the fact. Remember if you don't put your best foot foward (pics lots of them) then your ride can't possibly be fairly judged so it's up tp you.

it shouldn't matter what the engine show what makes it go
Read these ideas and I will have more to follow and comment on all because this is how we will make it all happen.
Remember, when this thing flys it's up to you to take photo's and proof them over before submiting to your site this way here it's YOU who had the last say as to what the judges see.

J
12-13-2005, 02:23 PM
Yes so there is no confusion, this is a face-off... if you are challenging someone for best paint, and they dont have enough pics to show off their paint, they will be judged based on the quality of pics they have.

tobedeleted_blnpony05
12-13-2005, 03:35 PM
Is this going to be a face-off chosen by the particpants or chosen by someone else??? I am a little confused after reading the post that I received in my e-mail.....if someone else is choosing the cars in the face-off that is the same as the UFO right??? If I choose to challenge someone "best paint" I have to have custom paint to do that?? Are there going to be classes assigned?? Are we going to have to qualify?? Sorry for alll the questions but I am not understanding this.....

YsOffcr
12-13-2005, 03:49 PM
I agree, I'm confused about this face off now. Now its sounds alot more complicated on how it happens, what your getting judged on, who your against, classes of Stangs. I'll just attend a local carshow, it would be easier.

J
12-13-2005, 03:57 PM
blown93's post was a little confusing, thats why he edited it... Its just like the current face-offs but there will be a panel of judges who decide the outcome. Thats really the only difference.

wldponi03
12-13-2005, 05:54 PM
It sounds Good to me but I never had a problem with Face-Offs anyway!!! I like doing them for the Fun of it!!!

J
12-13-2005, 05:56 PM
Yes, these new face-offs will be for the more 'Serious Competitors'. :)

sicboy
12-13-2005, 07:37 PM
this is a great plan. for the pro facer offer! lol

maybe a panel of 20 judges and a required 11 votes or something like that so whatever judjes are available will vote. is that clear?

Legendary
12-13-2005, 07:53 PM
Very nice idea. The way it's going to work sounds pretty solid. I really like the idea of side bets, which makes is even more interesting. Only thing is how will you be notified if you're selected as a judge? and I know there are some like 4000 members of GS but not all are active. Everytime I log on there are usually the same people on. Which makes me wonder if we have enough "active" members to rotate judges, say weekly.

J
12-13-2005, 08:15 PM
Thats why I was thinking more of a 3 month thing

02BlueStang
12-13-2005, 08:24 PM
I think its a great idea :)

will create more interest in the board as well as the site overall and attract more people or bring back the people that left because of that problem...

Your a busy man J but we all love ya for it....hows the blower running by the way and when they hell are you getting dyno numbers ya bastard ;)

sicboy
12-13-2005, 09:09 PM
yea ya bastard!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thecarphotoguy1
12-13-2005, 10:22 PM
J, suggest you be the only one who knows who the judges are (that should help them be more impartial). Like you said, the judges should be rotated every few months!

yosemiddysam
12-13-2005, 10:23 PM
I think it is a good idea. That would eliminate most of the complaining. You will still have the few that does but atleast when you win one you will know why or lose i guess. Good thinking!!

lxexpress
12-13-2005, 11:30 PM
might also be an idea to think of people who have left the site because of the faceoffs and see if we can get them back..send them an email or a phone call if you know them,just a thought...........

The Guardian
12-14-2005, 08:43 AM
I like it. I can't wait for the new face-offs. I have fun doing the face-offs.

fordfanboi
12-14-2005, 10:15 AM
Awesome! :beerchug:

blueponygirl
12-14-2005, 11:11 AM
Sounds like a fun new feature!! Can't wait to see the face-offs!! will there be a certain amount of points to the winner?

sicboy
12-14-2005, 11:33 AM
i think there should be a rule; loosers who bitch are perma ban from gs!! that would solve some isues. :loser: :nutkick:

coopdog21
12-14-2005, 07:06 PM
Yes, these new face-offs will be for the more 'Serious Competitors'. :)
great idea j :thumpupn: i will certainly get involved again in the face -offs if this works out !

CompOCobra
12-15-2005, 12:56 PM
I'm all for this new set-up

darkstryder
12-15-2005, 08:53 PM
:beerchug: sounds like a killer plan to me. will we have any say so if we are challenged?

SAVGE 89
12-16-2005, 02:54 AM
Just one question.... since I wouldn't concider any of my Mustangs as a "serious competitor", nor am I inclined to be one, can we opt out of this new face off gig without opting out of all challenges?

All my rides are daily drivers/track cars - nothing built strictly for show. What I'm getting to is like say a guy/gal with a beatup tub of a stang that has Fooze rims challenges one of my cars for best rims. Obviously I would loose, even though I have nice rims... and an overall much better ride. I'm just not too keen on a format that allows a lesser car to concentrate on one aspect of his ride, challenge me without having the opportunity to decline, and then win that face off based souly on that one aspect.

Most every ride here has certain aspects of their car that needs improvement - and to institute a new format that allows peeps to pick it apart by challenging it's weakest attibute seems a little short sighted.

MdniteMustang00
12-16-2005, 09:41 AM
sounds like a great addition to the site!

fordfanboi
12-16-2005, 10:45 AM
I'm just not too keen on a format that allows a lesser car to concentrate on one aspect of his ride, challenge me without having the opportunity to decline, and then win that face off based souly on that one aspect.

I have never participated in the current faceoffs ( too new ) but are you stating that with the current system, I can't decline a faceoff I know I'd lose?

If declinations are possible, then just decline any faceoffs that wouldn't be a close match. Also, if it's a wheel faceoff, then the results shouldn't have anything to do with the remainder of the ride. This way even mostly stock rides can get involved and have a chance to win a specific faceoff against a superior overall ride.

tobedeleted_blnpony05
12-16-2005, 11:30 AM
I have never participated in the current faceoffs ( too new ) but are you stating that with the current system, I can't decline a faceoff I know I'd lose?

If declinations are possible, then just decline any faceoffs that wouldn't be a close match. Also, if it's a wheel faceoff, then the results shouldn't have anything to do with the remainder of the ride. This way even mostly stock rides can get involved and have a chance to win a specific faceoff against a superior overall ride.

you can decline a face-off if the person challenging you is ranked higher than you but if someone with a lower rank challenges you it will start automaticaly...if you do not want to participate then you need to go into your profile and turn off the option to do face-offs...the current face-offs you can title it anything that you want...best overall, blue VS white etc...I don't think the new face-offs will be the same,not sure if we will be able to decline those. Doesn't matter to me I will do any. My theory all alone has been to expose my car as much as possible to get rankings and it has worked...almost half the site had ranked my car. I have some under 5 but a rank is a rank :beerchug:

SAVGE 89
12-16-2005, 03:10 PM
if it's a wheel faceoff, then the results shouldn't have anything to do with the remainder of the ride. This way even mostly stock rides can get involved and have a chance to win a specific faceoff against a superior overall ride.
And you think this is a good thing? Loosing to a stock car simply due to a single aspect of the ride? No.... I'll just turn the option off to accept any challenges. I don't mind loosing to a car that is superior... but I do mind this new format allows wins due to singularity.

Then again... maybe I should just go out and buy a $500 beater, put some trick rims on, and win some face offs. LOL

sicboy
12-16-2005, 03:18 PM
my 2 cent worth... ya win some , ya lose some. who really gives a shit. its just fun to play. if your trippin on whose really better you lost already.

SAVGE 89
12-16-2005, 04:06 PM
my 2 cent worth... ya win some , ya lose some. who really gives a shit. its just fun to play. if your trippin on whose really better you lost already.
Yeah - I feel ya bro. It's been fun to play under the previous rules, no doubt about that. But despite your allusion to the contrary, the new faceoffs are for the "serious competitors"... just like J said. So obviously this is being driven by all those peeps who are "trippin on whose really better". Being that I am not one of those... I have chozen not to compete against those who are "trippin".

BTW: Nice whip you got there :thumpupn:

sicboy
12-16-2005, 04:25 PM
i think i may play it the new way if it comes along. i have faith that the pannel will make the best ___________ win. it should still be fun. serious fun! kind a like racing a superbike. you worry alot till the green flag flies and then its serious fun. when its over theres always someone bitchin but for me i go with what ever happens and use the experiance to make a new plan for susccess.
i used to be able to spell before the big crash in turn 1. lol

SAVGE 89
12-17-2005, 01:56 AM
I gotta give credit to J for at least trying something different. As I said a long time ago, the only way to eliminate the buddy system is to go with a panel of qualified judges. Him taking that and adding the judging notes is a great addition, and most will learn from the experience. That's a win win in my book. But given my concerns with the "sigularity" issue - I'm just going to sit back and see how this all pans out... give it a month or three and then see if what I think will happen, does.

sicboy
12-17-2005, 11:00 AM
I gotta give credit to J for at least trying something different. As I said a long time ago, the only way to eliminate the buddy system is to go with a panel of qualified judges. Him taking that and adding the judging notes is a great addition, and most will learn from the experience. That's a win win in my book. But given my concerns with the "sigularity" issue - I'm just going to sit back and see how this all pans out... give it a month or three and then see if what I think will happen, does.

go to this thread http://forums.gotstang.com/showthread.php?t=5815&page=2&pp=25 and look at post 26. its funny the response i got. :rofl:

thanks j and fordfanboi for the idea :devil:

spiffy
12-19-2005, 12:45 PM
sweet! thats what im talkin about now i can probubly win one :) and please dont forget a *best on going project* title selecion :gso:

arturo ramos
12-19-2005, 05:06 PM
I can't wait for the neww face-offs to start :devil:

97 cobra
12-19-2005, 07:00 PM
Its a good system but i think you should have different classes of cars. my car isnt that great and someone with a better car could tell my paint job sucked and choose to face off with me. some one should make sure the cars are somewhat even so that it is interesting to look at instead of a beat down on one car

electricgreen
12-20-2005, 06:33 AM
Huh, basically an online judged car show...interesting concept. I think the judges will have a little harder time than at a car show though-can't look at the floorboards from a pic (every true judged show I've been to, the judges look under the car to see how really clean it is, lol). As long as people don't take it as a :diss: it's all good....I mean, who cares if yoour car loses some online contest-if you love your car, it shouldn't matter anyway...lol, I have a stock v6, so I'm pretty much guaranteed to lose in the current format (I mean, really, how many people would vote for a stock v6?), so we'll see what this brings...

J
12-29-2005, 12:45 PM
There will be a new feature for those not really interested in competing in these face-offs. You will be allowed to 'wager' points on who you think is going to win. Should bring up some interesting things... especially if I show the points wagered on each car. haha.

lxexpress
12-29-2005, 12:49 PM
that sounds like a cool idea...........

fordfanboi
12-30-2005, 12:32 PM
There will be a new feature for those not really interested in competing in these face-offs. You will be allowed to 'wager' points on who you think is going to win. Should bring up some interesting things... especially if I show the points wagered on each car. haha.

Bitchin! :j:

crimsonblack
12-30-2005, 01:24 PM
This new "Face-Off" idea sounds good.

StangRules
12-30-2005, 01:28 PM
It all sounds great.

stolenheron
01-01-2006, 07:53 PM
kewl

9Venom9
01-02-2006, 05:12 AM
Netto .... lol

J
01-02-2006, 05:13 PM
Approaching 1200 lines of code..... should be done tonight... who wants to be the first volunteer to test the system? lol

sicboy
01-02-2006, 05:30 PM
ill go

wldponi03
01-02-2006, 08:37 PM
J I ain't shy I'll be glad to help ya out!!!

tobedeleted_blnpony05
01-02-2006, 08:43 PM
I'll do it :beerchug: are you going to choose the cars from a list or will we just challenge as usual???

blown93feature
01-02-2006, 10:49 PM
I believe we choose who we want to challenge and how many points we wager against the opponet.

J
01-03-2006, 12:39 AM
JUDGED face-offs are live, they work just like the original but you dont choose a duration.

http://www.gotstang.com/jfaceoffs.php

tobedeleted_blnpony05
01-03-2006, 08:58 AM
can we only wager points on one face-off at a time?? I wagered on the first one and could not wager on the second....

wldponi03
01-03-2006, 09:03 AM
I was able to wager on both of them. This is a awesome set-up!!

tobedeleted_blnpony05
01-03-2006, 09:03 AM
never mind....I should wake up all the way b4 I ask :lol:

electricgreen
01-03-2006, 09:22 AM
I tried, it was hard to find someone to challenge though, since I was looking for another stock V6-there doesn't seem to be many around (at least the way I was looking, it will prolly be easier once I get to knowing active members cars)!! I gave up and tried stock vs modded green, but then the person I challenged has less points than me so I have to wait for them to accept...

electricgreen
01-03-2006, 03:02 PM
Ok, maybe I'm being mentally defecient (very possible), but I tried to wager on one faceoff challenger for 5 points and it wagered 5 points on each faceoff challenger instead of just the one! What did I just do?

Damn, can't delete a post, huh? Never mind, I figured it out, it really didn't do that... :looney:

tobedeleted_blnpony05
01-03-2006, 03:24 PM
I'm going to develope a gambling problem.... :rofl: :rofl:

J
01-03-2006, 03:45 PM
The problem of showing the same wager on all the face-offs is only after you click on submit, I will look into this.

electricgreen
01-03-2006, 04:24 PM
I'm going to develope a gambling problem.... :rofl: :rofl:

LOL, I thought I was the only one-this feature can become addictive!!

tobedeleted_blnpony05
01-03-2006, 05:09 PM
LOL, I thought I was the only one-this feature can become addictive!!
oh no..this is gonna be bad...I will be on the corner begging for points soon :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: J will have to break my legs or something :nailbite: :nailbite:

J
01-03-2006, 05:26 PM
Please forgive the guestbook entries that went out without the wager amount displayed. You still received the points.

wldponi03
01-03-2006, 05:45 PM
When do we get the points mine don't show up yet?

tobedeleted_blnpony05
01-03-2006, 06:01 PM
I don't remember what I wagered :lol: :lol:

wldponi03
01-03-2006, 07:13 PM
I don't remember what I wagered :lol: :lol:
Same with me thats why I don't know if I got the points or not :lol:

J
01-03-2006, 08:34 PM
Im working on that now :)

electricgreen
01-04-2006, 07:14 AM
Woo-hoo, every one I bet on I got right!! That's going to make it even more addictive though, lol...

I have to say, I like the comments feature the judges have. Now that I've played with this feature a little bit, I have to say I like it. Now I have to go freeze my utt off in the garage to get some more interior/motor/undercarriage shots so I can really compete (that best overall car one is hard without those!!).

J
01-04-2006, 10:37 AM
Looks like I got everything figured out so far... The wagers should go out properly this time... Please let me know if you guys find anything else!

electricgreen
01-04-2006, 11:34 AM
When do I get my little blue horse for my win :P ?

J
01-04-2006, 12:23 PM
When do I get my little blue horse for my win :P ?
Im making new horses for the judged face-offs :)

electricgreen
01-04-2006, 01:39 PM
Oooo..can they be green? lol.

Scott 01Cobra
01-04-2006, 03:23 PM
J, you know my feelings ...... judged shows are always the most fair. :)

Way to go J-man ...

J
01-04-2006, 05:13 PM
Im thinking of a formula so that the judges can 'compete' in the face-offs.

25% * (Total wagered points on the winner) / Total Judges

This would at least compensate them for the time to write comments about each and every face-off..

Comments please.

J
01-04-2006, 05:17 PM
Sooo..

If there are 560 points wagered on the WINNER of the face-off.

There are 3 total judges.

25% * 560 / 3

So each judge would get: 47 (rounded up) points for that particular

wldponi03
01-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Sooo..

25% * 560 / 3

Sounds fair to me,they are doing a service for us, so they should be compensated some way.

electricgreen
01-04-2006, 06:23 PM
Works for me-what happens if someone challenges one of the judges?

J
01-04-2006, 09:07 PM
Works for me-what happens if someone challenges one of the judges?
I will do the vote for that judge.

J
01-04-2006, 09:31 PM
Coming Soon: Top Judged Face-Off Gambler. A list of 20 users will be displayed showing points won and lost in the new face-off system.

Scott 01Cobra
01-05-2006, 07:26 AM
This is going to be fun to see ......

J
01-05-2006, 08:55 AM
Total Judged Face-Offs Available increased from 5 to 7.

wldponi03
01-05-2006, 08:20 PM
Is one of the Judges MIA...:rofl: :rofl:

J
01-05-2006, 11:20 PM
One of the judges has been Murdered. Its a fuckin conspiracy

LeonSORTX
01-06-2006, 02:46 AM
Yawp......one of the judges is MIA!!! :nutkick:

95mustang302
01-06-2006, 03:38 AM
Yep the judge is MIA...what do we do now?

The Guardian
01-06-2006, 07:59 AM
So far I am liking the new system. So how are the judges picked? Is everybody that is active going to get a shot at being a judge?

electricgreen
01-06-2006, 02:03 PM
Yep the judge is MIA...what do we do now?

Keep checking the site to see if your faceoff is finished? :nailbite:

If you're not in a faceoff, then keep placing side bets? :silly:

J
01-06-2006, 06:28 PM
So far I am liking the new system. So how are the judges picked? Is everybody that is active going to get a shot at being a judge?
No. Thats what the regular face-offs are for. lol

Honestly I pick the judges who I feel will give a fair vote based on the CAR, not friends.

J
01-06-2006, 07:25 PM
I added 'Notify Me of New Judged Face-Offs' to the judged face-off page..

This way you will get a guestbook entry when a new judged face-off is submitted so you can come wager on it :)

http://www.gotstang.com/jfaceoffs.php

J
01-06-2006, 11:46 PM
You can now Disable JUDGED Face-offs in your profile area.

fordfanboi
01-07-2006, 04:33 PM
:j:

Awesome job J!

sicboy
01-07-2006, 04:50 PM
ok the joke is over.... give me back my 2k points now.....

J
01-07-2006, 05:07 PM
ok the joke is over.... give me back my 2k points now.....
sounds like you need to re-analyze your voting process. lol

sicboy
01-07-2006, 05:17 PM
as in life... my opinions dont agree with most...

electricgreen
01-07-2006, 06:21 PM
You have to really compare the cars and see which one fits the title best-its not like the other face offs, where mods and motor are all that matters (unless thats the title, lol). If you've ever been to a judged show, and really paid attention to the judges, ya gotta think like that, IMO. I think the hardest thing to do will be define the name of the faceoff for the challenger, so its not too ambiguous.....

rodneylynn1977
01-09-2006, 10:16 PM
Can somebody with one photo on thier website beat somebody that has a million?

What do all the judges have to take into consideration when voting?

J
01-09-2006, 11:12 PM
So basically if I upload more pictures then my opponent I win? Im sure there is more involved then picture totals. lol..

The judges take in consideration the title of the face-off and relate that to each of the cars.

electricgreen
01-10-2006, 06:55 AM
Can somebody with one photo on thier website beat somebody that has a million?

What do all the judges have to take into consideration when voting?

IMHO (I'm not a judge, so this is strictly my opinion based on watching the outcomes & based on the concept)-I think it's possible, but unlikely. I mean, say the title was "cleanest ride" and the person with one pic had a spectacular pic of their ride, in it's cleanest state. Now the other person's pics are all of their car filthy, covered in dirt and bugs. I would say in this case quantity wouldn't matter, quality would.

That said, I think it's really determined by the title. "Best overall car" for instance-each person should have pics of each of the major components, like at a car show (exterior, interior, motor-truck and underbody would be pluses too). They should also have some comments too-what mods were done, or at least where the pic was taken. In a "best paint" face off, each person should have good pics of the exterior, from different angles in a complimentary lighting situation (not at night, or washed out by the high noon sun).

So, I would say the best way to do well is to have good, quality pics that show off all portions of your car, and a good written portion that describes the pics. But again, that's just my non-judge observer opinion and I could be totally wrong :thumpupn:

J
01-10-2006, 01:14 PM
Addressed the 'judges in face-off' issue. I now have a 'pool' of 6 judges. When a face-off is created, 3 random judges are chosen. Now if a judge decides to enter a face-off there is some logic in there that says randomly choose 3 judges but make sure the judge you choose isnt the challenger or opponent.

I will be giving points out to the judges based on the formula discussed earlier, im testing things right now.

J
01-11-2006, 12:41 PM
Any Complaints so far? Anything that you think should be added? Let me know.

GT100e
01-12-2006, 10:48 AM
Looks like fun :thumpupn: Keep it up :beerchug:

Laguna Seca R
01-12-2006, 11:41 AM
Looks like fun :thumpupn: Keep it up :beerchug:

Ditto :beerchug:

J
01-13-2006, 12:10 AM
There was a problem with the wager totals (thank you blnpony and nicoleb3x3) The top 20 wagerers list has now been updated.

Please be aware that this was in the top 20 chart not in the actual points you received... all of the points have been added and subtracted from your GS points properly.. just the top20 chart was adding up the points incorrectly. Hope that makes sense.

I created a page for all to check up your wager points.. Make sure you are logged in.

click here => http://www.gotstang.com/wagerchecker.php

This shows how your totals are added up (these are not in chronological order.)

J
01-13-2006, 10:26 AM
Sooo..

25% * 560 / 3

I changed the point formula given out to judges. Its been decreased from 25% to 10% of the total wagers on the winner divded by the amount of judges.

tobedeleted_blnpony05
01-13-2006, 01:47 PM
I hope you are all happy now...I have a gambling problem :rofl: :rofl:

wldponi03
01-13-2006, 02:15 PM
I hope you are all happy now...I have a gambling problem :rofl: :rofl:
I think alot of us will be going to GS Gambling Anonymous :nailbite: :rofl:

95mustang302
01-13-2006, 03:20 PM
I think alot of us will be going to GS Gambling Anonymous :nailbite: :rofl:

I think ill be the one in the back of the room with a laptop placing bets during GS Gambling Anonymous class...LOL

tobedeleted_blnpony05
01-13-2006, 03:29 PM
I think ill be the one in the back of the room with a laptop placing bets during GS Gambling Anonymous class...LOL

can I use your laptop??? :rofl: :rofl:

J
01-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Im going to add a new twist to this wager process. This should keep everyone from wager 500 points everytime because you have a 50/50 chance of getting it.

I need some feedback on this because ill be implementing this soon unless its totally a bad idea.

Lets call this: Gambling streaks. I can even display these... Top streaks.. and keep them recorded even if you end up losing... ha

0 correct gambling wagers otherwise known as a loss - you can wager up to 100 (if you have the GS points) on the next face-offs
1 correct gambling wager - you can wager up to 250 (if you have the GS points) on the next face-offs
2 correct gambling wagers IN A ROW - you can wager up to 500 (if you have the GS points) on the next face-offs
5 correct gambling wagers IN A ROW - you wan wager up to 750 (if you have the GS points) on the next face-offs
10 correct gambling wagers IN A ROW - you can wager up to 1000 (if you have the GS points) on the next face-offs

If at anytime you LOSE a wager.. you will be put back at 100 points available.. but your streak will be recorded.

crimsonblack
01-13-2006, 06:16 PM
(From a post in another face-off section)

How are judges picked?

1. The judges should have an artistic eye for cars able to see the pose (yunno, a beauty shot, car set-up (what it takes to accomplish a process - whether on a new car or an older car.) web design, graphic layout and so on are all a plus.

2. Everyone MUST understand that judging needs to be based on the quality of photos YOU post and not just the quality of the car. This is a web based competition and images are everything. You may have the best car on Got Stang, but if your photos suck, you aren't going to win that many face-offs. There are a lot of great cars on this site and the photos for these cars is pitiful.

3. Participants need judges to be... well, blunt actually. They need to vote without worrying about reprocussions from members. If you pictures suck and you get told that you should deal with it. You want to do face-offs then improve the photos and improve your website.

4. Tips, hints, ideas and suggestions by the judges should be taken for what they are... jjust suggestions no matter how blunt to make either the car or images of the car better in order to compete in the face-offs or present your car to it's best showing.

5. Members should know who the judges are. It will keep them honest and trustworthy in their judging.

6. What made them vote the way they did should be mentioned in the area set aside for the judges comments.

7. If a judge is being fair they don't need to be replaced unless they tire of judging or the members want change.

8. Perhaps the members could vote on who they want to be a judge. Let them nominate, the nominees agree and then hold a vote that only J's and his people total up. If the majority choose their judges they should be able to abide by the voting. Eh...

10. Judges should get points for being a judge also. This is a point based website after all.

11. Judges should be available to the members by email or whatever to help with suggestions to get their got stang site looking strong with better images, design and so on. This is about making the overall site better for everyone.

crimsonblack
01-13-2006, 06:17 PM
(from yet another post in the face-off area)

People are still forgetting the big picture. 85% of the voting is going to come from the pictures, the quality, and the layout of the website. The best car is not going to win just because it's the best car. The is a web-based competition. Your site must reflect the quality of the car. You can't just through 100 pictures up there and expect to win. The owner of the car has to be willing to do a quality layout on the website for their car.

I know the face-off you are talking about. I wagered on Wild-Poni on that one. I thought the pictures of the dirty engine compartment was a huge put-off. I didn't care that much for the layout of either web-site that much, but I am a person into web design, graphics, photos and so forth. but Wildponi's pictures are quality images and they present her car in a nice fashion. I too thought she should have won that face-off.

This is another reason the judges should write more stuff about their decision making. What they liked about the car and didn't like. What they enjoyed about the website and what they thought could be improved upon. If the site is awesome, the picture quality on the mark, the car shown at great angles and the site design is good then it can actually come down to just the car. That being said people will have cars that a judge will not like something done to the car and it could keep you from winning, but THAT is the same as any live competition you enter.

Scott 01Cobra
01-14-2006, 08:07 AM
Crimson ..... excellent notes - I agree with everything you said .... well done ;)

Last but not least - judges should NEVER base even the slightest decision of their choice by WHO the person is. Judging has to be fair - thier honest pick of the winner of that contest - period.

tobedeleted_blnpony05
01-14-2006, 10:19 AM
Im going to add a new twist to this wager process. This should keep everyone from wager 500 points everytime because you have a 50/50 chance of getting it.

I need some feedback on this because ill be implementing this soon unless its totally a bad idea.

Lets call this: Gambling streaks. I can even display these... Top streaks.. and keep them recorded even if you end up losing... ha

0 correct gambling wagers otherwise known as a loss - you can wager up to 100 (if you have the GS points) on the next face-offs
1 correct gambling wager - you can wager up to 250 (if you have the GS points) on the next face-offs
2 correct gambling wagers IN A ROW - you can wager up to 500 (if you have the GS points) on the next face-offs
5 correct gambling wagers IN A ROW - you wan wager up to 750 (if you have the GS points) on the next face-offs
10 correct gambling wagers IN A ROW - you can wager up to 1000 (if you have the GS points) on the next face-offs

If at anytime you LOSE a wager.. you will be put back at 100 points available.. but your streak will be recorded.

I don't really want to be limited in any way in the betting...I don't bet on every face-off....I say leave it the was it is :beerchug:

blown93feature
01-14-2006, 10:22 AM
I want to add this tidbit of information to this thread if I may. I have been in several carshows with my own car and from a three demetional prespective when it's the real deal judges are brutal with there comments and blunt statements and there is no way to hide your flaws in a car unlike this type of online judging faceoff here. So with that being said it is very important to have several good quality pixs taken to prove your ride. This is what I was trying to explain when this thread was originaly started to help people understand what is expected of them when they enter a face-off. The judging is based on the title of the face-off and so you need to have photo's to support your claim. In the face off with wild pony I don't agree with the popular claim that she had the better overall car because there isn't enough pixs to prove her claim as best overall and there is little done to the car period. The fact that the 04' had a dirtier engine then hers was a deduct point but didn't justify putting her over him in my eyes. The fact that he has a photo and took the hit say's more and does less damage in a face -off then no photo at all in my eyes and in a real world situation. I don't want anyone to get the wrong impression of me either on this because I love both of those mach's and I have no beef with any one on here that is for sure. I also love wildponie's car and wouldn't mind having it in my garage at all :thumpupn:

To be even more brutally honest about this if you are going to place your ride in a best overall face off then it should be a all areas of the car face off. The photos should include undercarriage,engine,interior,trunk or hatch, and exterior both sides front and rear. This is not saying that you have to have everything modded just pixs to prove and hopefully you have the better car that's all.
I like to see all this particapation in these face-offs this is an awsome addition to J's site and I think it will bring back alot of the inactive members in the future but don't forget it can drive them away just as fast if it get's out of hand! This is where it's up to you to be mature about the outcomes and to have fun with it. I also will add that if you plan on going up against someone then title it appropriate to what you have to offer and go after another member's site that atleast has the pixs to properly be judged according to the title and make sure you yourself has the pixs to prove your claim.

steelfalcon29
01-14-2006, 10:39 AM
Just got your e-mail J and Me personally I love the concept of the Judged Face-Off's and the only suggestion I have would have to be the rotation of the judges. I was thinking monthly but I have seen where someone suggested weekly. But that's just me.

crimsonblack
01-14-2006, 03:48 PM
Just got your e-mail J and Me personally I love the concept of the Judged Face-Off's and the only suggestion I have would have to be the rotation of the judges. I was thinking monthly but I have seen where someone suggested weekly. But that's just me.

If you rotate judges that often, you need to make sure you have a list long enough to do that. You may find that quite a few people are not interested in judging others cars, or just don't want the responsibility of being brutally honest about others websites or cars. Some simply will just not want to do it just for the time in takes.

J
01-15-2006, 07:01 PM
wins and losses added to websites. Top 20 records coming soon.

WIN: http://www.gotstang.com/gs_images/style2/jfaceoff_win.gif

LOSS: http://www.gotstang.com/gs_images/style2/jfaceoff_loss.gif

J
01-15-2006, 07:23 PM
I don't really want to be limited in any way in the betting...I don't bet on every face-off....I say leave it the was it is :beerchug:
So you dont see a problem with someone earning 10,000 points in 2 weeks? Look at it from another point of view. lol

tobedeleted_blnpony05
01-15-2006, 07:46 PM
So you dont see a problem with someone earning 10,000 points in 2 weeks? Look at it from another point of view. lol

Well I guess you are right...I have not thought about it like that.... :ugh2:

J
01-15-2006, 08:06 PM
Well I guess you are right...I have not thought about it like that.... :ugh2:
yay!

J
01-17-2006, 10:58 PM
Streaks are now in effect.

http://www.gotstang.com/jfaceoffs.php#streaks

Top gambling streaks can be found here:

http://www.gotstang.com/sjfaceofftopstreakers.php

There is a link on the main judged face-off page. :)

Riddick
01-17-2006, 11:27 PM
Dammit...NOW I know why I could only vote 100 points..lol...better win a few..I am with blnpony..I am gonna need GS Gambling Anonymous too..this shit is addicting

tobedeleted_blnpony05
01-17-2006, 11:29 PM
J do you think it is time to increase the allowed # of judged face-offs??? seems it is always full and ppl are waiting in line :dance: I know it is alot for the judges but if it was 2 much maybe you could just increase the # of judges...just a thought :beerchug:

tobedeleted_blnpony05
01-17-2006, 11:31 PM
Dammit...NOW I know why I could only vote 100 points..lol...better win a few..I am with blnpony..I am gonna need GS Gambling Anonymous too..this shit is addicting

I'm here for ya man...I will be your sponsor and help you through the hard times...you are doing so well I will councel you not to vote but you can tell me who you would vote for :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

yosemiddysam
01-18-2006, 12:24 AM
How does one get entered into a judged face off? I am willing to try it but dont really know how.

tobedeleted_blnpony05
01-18-2006, 08:38 AM
How does one get entered into a judged face off? I am willing to try it but dont really know how.
same as the original hunts..just challenge someone and it will give you the option to choose judged or original :beerchug: