PDA

View Full Version : SPEC clutches

wallbanger11_22
12-05-2005, 04:16 PM
I was wondering if anyone else on here that has a spec clutch has had this problem.

I have a 3 month old spec stage 2 clutch in my cobra and my buddy bought and installed a spec stage 1 in his at the same time. We have both had problems with them wanting to chatter. Mine is bad enough that i can hear it when i am sitting still with the clutch out. It goes away if you depress the clutch.

Now one of my friends got in it and told me that it feels like my clutch bearing is going out. How in the hell would it be going out already. I have not ridden this clutch hard at all. He also told me that I should have had a bushing installed instead of the bearing that came with it. These were both professionally installed and i was talking to another one of my friends last night and he told me that my other friend who has the stage 1 has something really messed up now and it wont come out of gear. Any help in this would be GREATLY appreciated because my cobra is my only car right now and i really dont want this thing to screw up while on my home or something else.

306Stang
12-05-2005, 10:24 PM
don't know what to tell u man mine is great and hasn't given me any problems (knock on wood)

yosemiddysam
12-05-2005, 10:47 PM
I have a centerforce dual friction and mine does it too. I was told mine is because of the cam lope and that it is not a problem. Try getting an aftermarket clutch cable assembly. Thats what they told me anyways. Hope this helps.