PDA

View Full Version : anyone been in a case like this...?

Hmongstang
12-05-2005, 12:30 PM
on the 29th of October, I got caught speeding.......... a 82 on 65....... it's been well over a month now. the officer said I should recieve a notice in the mail in 2 or 3 weeks. but it's been over a whole month and nothing...... I called the Court........ asking them about why i haven't recieve my notice in the mail yet.... the lady asked for my name...... and she said it's not in the system, after that she asked for the officers name and i just hung up on her....... any inputs on what i should do??? Maybe the officer lost it???

YsOffcr
12-05-2005, 01:48 PM
I don't know how your state works, but in VA the court date is on the ticket the time you receive it. Usually the court dates are set for at least a month down the road, depends on how many tickets the officer writes. I would call the court back, give them your name and the officer's name, find out if the court date has already been, or is coming up. If they tell you they don't have any record of it then something happened with the ticket. If you missed the date, then you either have to pay it it a set amount of time, or possibly get your license suspended. Or worse case the court issued a warrant for you not showing up.

ClintEastwood
12-05-2005, 04:05 PM
are you fighting the ticket or what??

crimsonblack
12-05-2005, 04:21 PM
Usually you will not appear in the system until about 30 days before your court date. Keep checking back around that time until the court date to see if you show up in their computer. Better to make sure before not showing up and have an outstanding warrant when you get pulled over the next time. Then your car gets impounded as well. There's another $200 or so bucks plus the court costs.

I recently got pulled for expired tags. Forgot all about it, and two months later I get nailed. The cop nailed me for that and not wearing my seatbelt. About $400 for the ticket. I went straight to smog, then DMV and had the car registered in less than an hour. When I should up to pay my fine it had been cancelled. My car was in the system before the cop got back to the shop and entered all his tickets. Since they didn't have me for the registration they had to throw out the seatbelt. That was before the solo seatbelt law just passed, where you can be pulled over for just that. Before you had to be hit for something else to get the seatbelt added on the ticket. Lucky me.

sicboy
12-05-2005, 04:51 PM
dont worry is on the way....

blown93feature
12-05-2005, 05:24 PM
I'm in fact in the same situation. I got a ticket on 11/16/04 and have never heard from them as to a court date since. I filled out the ticket on the same day as I recieved it and photo copied the whole thing and my license as well and sent it in asking for a court date because I was pleading not guilty and I've got nothing at all in response as of 12/05/05. I photo copied it to prove that I did send it in and that address on the ticket was the same as my license as well so they couldn't pull that on me either like they did before. I have been stopped a couple of times since then and no tickets but non the less if there was a warrant out for my arrest due to the fact that I didn't appear in court for the one in nov of 04' I would have been pulled in by now. I also know that the state of N.H that I live in will send you notice that your privilage has been suspended if in fact that there is another issue with another state especially massachuesetts. I won't go persuing them over it because the way I see it if they want you bad enough they can find you and if there are consequenses (like you getting arrested or the car impounded) they will be footing the bill because of there mistakes when everything is said and done!

I should add that I hope that when you got the ticket the address on the ticket was the same then as it is now and that the address on the ticket matched your license as well. If you have moved and you didn't notify them then I would hunt down the problem because then you are in the wrong!

1nasty96
12-05-2005, 06:44 PM
dont worry is on the way....
:thumpupn:

syscokid
12-05-2005, 06:57 PM
This is what you should do:

1. go to store and buy a 12 pack of beer.

2. drink beer.

3. go to police station.

4. do donuts in parking lot, with you middle finger up in the air.

5. Then when they come outside, ask if any of the officers remember writing you a ticket, because you never got a summons.

6. get on the jails computer and log on to Gotstang.com and let all of us know how is turned out.

Black Stallion
12-05-2005, 07:08 PM
You guys speed to much. lol. I mean I do it sometimes too, but I don't get caught. Cobra Radar Detectors are my friend.

ClintEastwood
12-05-2005, 08:59 PM
just a matter of time stallion...

stone_turp
12-06-2005, 01:08 AM
I speed all the time. Like you said Cobra is your friend.

02BlueStang
12-06-2005, 12:52 PM
you'll get it...I got mine about 3 months after getting my ticket...Dont worry, you are paying the city, they will never forget you owe them money ;)

and I have to agree, you guys speed way too much :lol:, I started slowing down after my 2nd ticket and had it deferred...only 1 on my record and its for a lighting violation....big whoopty doo :lol:

Black Stallion
12-06-2005, 02:23 PM
Nah, if I get caught speeding my dad is taking my car and getting me a civic. :vomit:

Hmongstang
12-06-2005, 02:25 PM
I speed all the time. Like you said Cobra is your friend.
NEVERMIND GUY!!! :cussing: :ranting: it FUCKING CAME IN YESTERDAY....... $327....... i'm in depth

any recommendation on which Cobra Detector to buy???

BTW thats on My 05 Chirstmas wishlist :thumpupn:

YsOffcr
12-06-2005, 02:34 PM
NEVERMIND GUY!!! :cussing: :ranting: it FUCKING CAME IN YESTERDAY....... $327....... i'm in depth

any recommendation on which Cobra Detector to buy???

BTW thats on My 05 Chirstmas wishlist :thumpupn:

$327??.... :cussing: I'd recommend buying all of them, for the price of that ticket.

02BlueStang
12-06-2005, 05:31 PM
I just loaned someone 2 grand I will probably never see again....I wish I wasnt so nice and I would have more money...id gladly pay 327 right now :(

Frosty
12-19-2005, 01:51 PM
I just loaned someone 2 grand I will probably never see again....I wish I wasnt so nice and I would have more money...id gladly pay 327 right now :(

I know how that is, when I loan people money, I don't ever expect to get repaid. :goodbye:

97 cobra
12-19-2005, 07:12 PM
i would not do anything thing they dont know what is going on. and i know its kind of redneck but ive found that a CB radio works better than any radar detector on the market, of course its not in my stang! but if i were ever to go on a speed run down the highway at 155 i would have one for sure! haha i have a cobra 11 channel detector too but it doesnt really do much. it bothers me more than anything