PDA

View Full Version : pic stealing...

prttychromektty
11-19-2005, 11:06 PM
How can people steal pics of peoples cars online and post them saying they are THERE car??? I just saw a the exact pic of Laguna Seca R's blue cobra on a girls site at myspace...what is wrong with people??

Black Stallion
11-20-2005, 12:01 AM
They are insecure. It happens to Scout Wagner all the time.

Hmongstang
11-20-2005, 12:28 AM
Even me too..... they're LOSERS

YsOffcr
11-20-2005, 12:59 AM
There's someone on this site that I've seen pics of the same car and girl on one of the major stang magazine sites.

1nasty96
11-20-2005, 02:05 AM
:loser:

My Cobra
11-20-2005, 10:22 AM
i have had it happen a few times it is very very sad.

prttychromektty
11-20-2005, 11:03 AM
Yeah...I just don't get it, esp with a car like Scott's or that Laguna guys..they are pretty much one of a kind cars...duh.

Would be one thing to take a stock car and say its yours, but not one with a totally diff paint color, or thousands of dollars in it...stupid people...just had to rant about it.

Nuclear Banana
11-20-2005, 11:17 AM
One time I came out of a 7-11 and a older guy was tring to kick it to a woman and was leaning on my car and acting as if it was his.....I walked up and said can you please get off my car and the woman looked at me like WHAT!!!!!! and then looked at the other guy and said LOSER!!!!! LOL I was pretty pissed off but then when she called him a loser it was pretty funny so I let it go

Some people are just stupid...did he think that the owner(me) was gonna stay in 7-11 for a few hours?????? DUH

sublime302
11-20-2005, 02:36 PM
i hate it when they do that, you should let the guy on myspace know about it

StarDriver
11-20-2005, 06:51 PM
i hate it when they do that, you should let the guy on myspace know about it

Myspace is pretty good about that stuff, there was someone pretending to be Miss Elizabeth by posting pictures and other things about her. Problem is, Miss Elizabeth has been dead several years. A body guard buddy of mine and I both sent the info to myspace.com and the person was kicked off of the site.

02BlueStang
11-20-2005, 11:29 PM
Ive had guys pretend they own my car all the time at work since it sits outide all day...but setting the alarm off and watching them freak out is worth a thousand words :lol:

The worst I ever had was some asian lady parked next to me and started folding her laundry on the trunk lid and spoiler of my car....I simply walked up and said "please dont fold your laundry on my car"...she got some look like I had insulted her for asking her not to touch my car...dumbass people

prttychromektty
11-21-2005, 12:33 AM
http://www.myspace.com/fantasyplaygirlstar
is her name there...

YsOffcr
11-21-2005, 01:16 AM
One time I came out of a 7-11 and a older guy was tring to kick it to a woman and was leaning on my car and acting as if it was his.....I walked up and said can you please get off my car and the woman looked at me like WHAT!!!!!! and then looked at the other guy and said LOSER!!!!! LOL I was pretty pissed off but then when she called him a loser it was pretty funny so I let it go

Some people are just stupid...did he think that the owner(me) was gonna stay in 7-11 for a few hours?????? DUH

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :loser:

ChromaLusion
11-21-2005, 03:06 AM
http://www.myspace.com/fantasyplaygirlstar
is her name there...

I don't see the stang though I am not a member of that shit so it's probably on another page. She looks like a whore anyway. I've been kind of ishy about posting my photography up on here thinking someone will take em. It's a passion & to think someone to steal it would piss me off & I went through some trouble & worked hard to get a certain shot or something. Though in a way it could be taken as a compliment, they love your stang so much ..nah-- fuckin rip offs. This guy in town who drives a crappy acura thats white with lime green on the bottom half, realllllllllllllly riced out piece of crap. He started his own car painting business, didnt do too well. He pulled up to MyCobra's & stood beside it as his friend took pics, although Nick didnt do much about it. That would piss me off but then again I don't have a car that's worth it

02BlueStang
11-21-2005, 03:07 AM
haha thanks for the link....I requested to be her friend....I shall bash her pictures and what not when She accepts me as her friend :rofl:

02BlueStang
11-21-2005, 04:14 AM
ok I sent her a Email about it and was nice....heres her response

I'm not gonna lie but do me a favore and keep it between me and you...the reason for it is because my boyfriend is on myspace but he doesnt want to tell people that me and him are together and he happened to add my friend Fantasy to his list so she signed it over to me and let me take it over the only reason me and her kept it going was because he was lieing to her saying he didnt have a girl friend and that he wanted to hang out with her but the car isnt exactly a lie she has one that looks almost exactly like it the picture was sent to her by a freind saying he found her cars twin except hers has flames across the wing on the back of it and that it has it has a grill on the front painted a silver white color and a sticker on the back for the dress shop she works at and she didnt want him to know that because she doesnt drive her mustang because it needs new tires and she has a big truck that she drives around and didnt want him to relize it was her in town if he saw her thats why she found one that looked like hers but was different

I sent her another email asking that she remove the image and post a picture of her friends car instead of trying to use an awesome car such as Leguna Secas....god, she didnt even know the color of the car...pitiful

MdniteMustang00
11-21-2005, 08:59 AM
ok I sent her a Email about it and was nice....heres her response

I'm not gonna lie but do me a favore and keep it between me and you...the reason for it is because my boyfriend is on myspace but he doesnt want to tell people that me and him are together and he happened to add my friend Fantasy to his list so she signed it over to me and let me take it over the only reason me and her kept it going was because he was lieing to her saying he didnt have a girl friend and that he wanted to hang out with her but the car isnt exactly a lie she has one that looks almost exactly like it the picture was sent to her by a freind saying he found her cars twin except hers has flames across the wing on the back of it and that it has it has a grill on the front painted a silver white color and a sticker on the back for the dress shop she works at and she didnt want him to know that because she doesnt drive her mustang because it needs new tires and she has a big truck that she drives around and didnt want him to relize it was her in town if he saw her thats why she found one that looked like hers but was different

I sent her another email asking that she remove the image and post a picture of her friends car instead of trying to use an awesome car such as Leguna Secas....god, she didnt even know the color of the car...pitiful

my favorite part is in her about me section...where all she says is :. I own a beautiful 2001 light blue mustang with a wing on it"

J
11-21-2005, 09:10 AM
Sounds like a bunch of BS and highschool drama lol... Now I remember why I wasnt on myspace :)

Packer Backer
11-21-2005, 09:54 AM
Sounds like a bunch of BS and highschool drama lol...
But it does seem completely unfair to actually claim another persons ride... I hope the Chic does the right thing and removes her claims to laguna's car.

Hmmm, bet I'll never have that problem, tho ;-)

My Cobra
11-21-2005, 10:55 AM
I was waiting on steph to come out of the store when this green and white acura rolls up beside my car one guy gets out he walks over to my car stands in front of it the other guy gets out and takes a picture of him in front of my car (While i am sitting in the car) then the guy takes the picture gets it printed out and puts it up in his shop and tells people that he painted the car. i am use to people taking pictures of my car so i did not think much but to post it up in there shop and tell people they painted it that is just sad

prttychromektty
11-21-2005, 11:51 AM
Sounds like a bunch of BS and highschool drama lol... Now I remember why I wasnt on myspace :)

Exactly!! I just don't get people..J maybe you should make it so when you click on a pic to make it bigger it has the gotstang logo or something...maybe that would help so people don't steal pics like that or to use on ebay for scams.

Nay
11-21-2005, 12:20 PM
There are CRAPLOADS of people like that on MySpace. They all went and added me just because I have pictures of my car and I on there. Then they tell me how awesome their car is, and I link 'em up to the REAL site they stole it from. :D

02BlueStang
11-21-2005, 03:09 PM
my friend has a program for his posts that allow him to track everyone who copys or cuts it from a webpage and pasts it elsewhere....that way he can track them down and ask them to remove the images....

I think a Gotstang.com watermark would be awesome though J and I def would not mind having that on the pics...obviously make it small and in the lower corner somewhere

prttychromektty
11-21-2005, 04:15 PM
That would be a cool program to have. Yeah I'd say go for marking the pics, yeah make is small, like only visible when the pic is clicked on to make it larger.

J
11-21-2005, 04:31 PM
Thats already in place on uploaded images. Its called a dynamic images.

02BlueStang
11-21-2005, 06:29 PM
how do you get the URL off the pictures uploaded to Gotstang J.....I couldnt find a URL on the Jpeg images and was unable to copy them etc to other places or set them as [img] tags to put them on other web pages...

crimsonblack
11-21-2005, 07:22 PM
Actually when this stuff happens start sending the person more pictures of you car letting the person know you made mods to the car and you want the pictures updated. you could even email enough photos over and over again to fill their mail box constantly. Then when you have a site like GotStang you can link to that page for more photos of you car. What the hell, it's free advertising. They don't have the car, you do. All they have are pictures and low self esteem. They can never meet anyone on the site since they don't have the car. They are just a troll.

ChromaLusion
11-22-2005, 03:42 PM
my favorite part is in her about me section...where all she says is :. I own a beautiful 2001 light blue mustang with a wing on it"
LMAO I know when I read that I was thinking, " You stupid slutbag whore." She sounds like a high school valley girl to me. Fake.

02BlueStang
11-22-2005, 04:10 PM
shes 22 :looney: people need to grow up and get a life :nutkick:

PowerCrazed88
11-23-2005, 12:40 PM
Yeah...I just don't get it, esp with a car like Scott's or that Laguna guys..they are pretty much one of a kind cars...duh.

i really agree, i saw the car and i'd messaged the girl on myspace about it and she admitted it's not hers...but, it looks EXACTLY like it she says, exactly, but her reasoning was someting about a boyfriend lying about being with her...which in my opinion has nothing at all to do with putting Laguna's car on her page and saying that it's hers. i feel bad when ppl steal pictures of all your cars, they're all unique in some way and for someone else to take it and say, "yea, that's mine everyone" ... that's low and i have no respect for ppl that do that :ranting: