PDA

View Full Version : GotStang Calendar??

Nicoleb3x3
11-13-2005, 09:23 PM
What does everyone think about a GS calendar? Would anyone be interested in buying one if we created one?

12 members would be selected for the 12 months....perhaps there's a creative way to choose the 12? (we would need a few members from each class so that each Mustang is represented)

here's a format I put together, it would allow use of a 1600x1200 image and a secondary 640x480. The format is a work in progress...and subject to change..

http://www.gotstang.com/photodisplay.php?file=5539

J
11-13-2005, 09:27 PM
badass idea.... im sure I could set something up that would enable a good way to select the members every year.

YaLeenVert
11-13-2005, 09:38 PM
My .02...........NEAT IDEA!

tobedeleted_blnpony05
11-13-2005, 09:40 PM
Great Idea, I'd buy one!! :beerchug:

Rwest75
11-13-2005, 09:48 PM
Sweeet idea. I hope you got the money to do it. depending on who does the printing you could be looking at about $5 per calendar with a minimum order of 2500 calendars. Also its to late in the year to do a 2006 calendar. If your gonna do it you ll have to start planning on the 2007 year. You will want your calendars back from the printers by Aug/Sept time frame and then you gotta sell them. Also i would suggest a 16 month calendar so that more members can possibly be in it. Hell if by chance my stang was on it, i d buy 10 of them....:rofl:

Ryan

sublime302
11-13-2005, 10:03 PM
yeah def, i would buy one...

1nasty96
11-13-2005, 10:52 PM
yeah def, i would buy one...
i would buy one :devil:

speedyhank
11-13-2005, 10:52 PM
id buy one. so how would u pick the cars?

sicboy
11-14-2005, 12:19 AM
yes

2006GT500
11-14-2005, 12:39 AM
I'd buy one but, why just use one car per month? It would be sweet that way but why not submit the best pics of the best cars and make collages or something. That way more cars can be involved and more people want to buy. Just a suggestion/marketing scheme. I know I'd buy one either way and it's a great idea. However I do feel the more cars involved the better.

YsOffcr
11-14-2005, 02:04 AM
I'd buy one, and more than 1 if mine was in it. How 'bout a collage for the centerfold?

blown93feature
11-14-2005, 04:31 AM
Sounds like a great idea nicole. Do you have a way to have them created without the big up front expense? I would buy one for sure wether my ride was in it or not and if in the event that what ryan says is true than there is a huge up front expense with this endever and hopefully there is a way around that to make this happen. :thumpupn:

Scott 01Cobra
11-14-2005, 07:04 AM
Sweeet idea. I hope you got the money to do it. depending on who does the printing you could be looking at about $5 per calendar with a minimum order of 2500 calendars. Also its to late in the year to do a 2006 calendar. If your gonna do it you ll have to start planning on the 2007 year. You will want your calendars back from the printers by Aug/Sept time frame and then you gotta sell them. Also i would suggest a 16 month calendar so that more members can possibly be in it. Hell if by chance my stang was on it, i d buy 10 of them....:rofl:

Ryan

Agreed ......

The Guardian
11-14-2005, 09:01 AM
Love the idea. I would need a few. One for home and one for the office to start with.

Wrench
11-14-2005, 10:20 AM
I would deffinetly buy a couple.

crimsonblack
11-14-2005, 01:34 PM
You could go with a four car split per month and do it for 16 months like someone else suggested. That would give you 64 cars on the calender. In actuality the main people purchasing the calender are the ones who are in it.

The second problem is going to be getting quality images of the cars in a nice setting that will print on an 8.5x11 sheet of glossy paper. A quality picture of a car sitting in the driveway doesn't quite have the look of a car sitting in an outdoor setting. The quality can be less if there are four images per sheet at 4.25"x5.5".

Third is going to be the already mentioned printing problems and cost escalators.

It's a great idea, but lots of hurdles to jump first.

blueponygirl
11-14-2005, 01:59 PM
yes I would buy one... I agree--there should be more than one car per page... maybe us here in Washington can all get in a picture together... because there is no way my car will ever be voted on just by itself!!

YELLOW FEVER
11-14-2005, 11:33 PM
I would definately buy a couple of calendars. :clap: I love the collage idea so more cars could be involved.

2006GT500
11-15-2005, 11:53 PM
Glad my idea about more cars was well recieved.

wldponi03
11-16-2005, 09:11 AM
Glad my idea about more cars was well recieved.
I agree about having more than 1 Stang on each Page and it being a 16 month Calendar is also a great Idea. I would buy a few even if my Stang wasn't in there. Just to show my Support for GS, and let others see the Awesome Stangs on here. :devil:

Nicoleb3x3
11-16-2005, 09:06 PM
There is not a minimum at the place I'm looking t. I could order one if I wanted. It's not a printing press or anything like that.

Description:
high quality calendars are printed on glossy 100 lb text weight paper. They measure 8.5" x 11" when folded, and 11" x 17" when hanging on your wall.

I planned to ask MustangFreak123 if we can use his collage as the front cover, which includes lots of stangs.
http://www.gotstang.com/0305/mustangfreak123/gotstang.jpg.psd.jpg

That should cover allot of cars, then, perhaps we could design a 2 car per month set up (perhaps a few months with a "group" collage for those who would like to be considered as a "group" to fit in a few more) I suggest this so that we can get this done quickly, it's already November... I also think it's important to not clutter the calendar with too many cars that it hurts the eyes and no one get's noticed they way they deserve. 4 cars per month...I think is too much unless it's a nice collage (which takes extra time and care) I think a good mixture may be best? Let's not forget next year and the year after that...everyone should get their chance, and with this idea we should get to cover most of you all.

comments anyone?

99flblackcobra
11-16-2005, 09:33 PM
The cover page looks cool. I would buy a calendar. we could always have more then one calendar too. maybe a cobra/GT/V6 or go by car color calendar ? That would get more cars in it . Or would that cost to much? Maybe make the main one like your talking about and have a small calendar with the different groubs . If it cost alot up front you can always have the people with there cars in the calendar buy there calendars before you make them so you have the money. Or get a sponsor like Nitto , pmp , steeda or someone. good luck

93blownlx
11-17-2005, 12:18 AM
Im in.Id buy 1 or a couple!!!

crimsonblack
11-17-2005, 05:22 PM
You should use no statics and put 4 cars per page if possible. Throw out the stats and interior pics. Just one beauty pose for each car and split the paper four ways merging the image edges with a fade or something like that. 64 cars is better than 32.

I think it would sell more pages. You could do pages that include 4 fox bodies and another with 4 late models or go with four reds on a page, four yellows on another, four whites, four blues, blah blah blah. You know what I mean.

Nicoles has a great deal where she's at for getting them done.

Sounds like a place someone could go and get a complete calender done on just their own car. Very cool.

crimsonblack
11-17-2005, 05:32 PM
Your doing the brunt of the work Nicole. What you think is best should be good for us. Design a sample and post it for us on how you want to do the two car thing. It might be perfect.

You might want to get MustangFreak to bring out the Got Stang text a little more before you use it.

wldponi03
11-17-2005, 08:28 PM
Not to be mean but Tims (Crimsonblack) Poster is something you could consider also!! There are alot of Stangs on it!!! Maybe use one for the Cover and One for the Centerfold. They are Both Awesome pics. That way alot of Stangs would be used of members on here. LOL Mine included!!!!LOL

306Stang
11-17-2005, 09:00 PM
looks good to me (maybe cause my car is in there), i'd def buy one

mustangbabe74
11-18-2005, 11:12 AM
Great idea. I would buy one.

prttychromektty
11-18-2005, 03:37 PM
Great idea. I like the more the one stang on a page.

AJ SnkNV
11-18-2005, 06:07 PM
good idea, we did one for out club and it worked out pretty well

RedTwilight
11-18-2005, 09:51 PM
cool idea! I'd buy one! I like the idea about the four Reds, four Blues, four yellows, etc.
If ya don't want to use 4 how about using three and in the corner ya can have the Screenames and a short description of the car. I also like the centerfold idea. Maybe more than one centerfold if pricing permits.

meneep
11-25-2005, 01:14 PM
Wonderful ideas! I would buy a couple!
I like the idea of putting different combinations of cars together.
For an example, I know we could do a photo get together in the NorthWest and get at least 15 GS cars together for it! We have done it before.
But, what ever way you decide, count me in on the purchase!
:thumpupn:

Nay
11-25-2005, 03:18 PM
We've put together a 2006 Stangette calendar over the last few months. It features the Stangette and her Stang, and it should be ready by January, I think?

Lex knows more about it.

lex
11-25-2005, 05:16 PM
Its a great idea! We have the Stangette one in Development and will be ready by end of Christmas. And if things go right tonight "prttychromektty" Erin will be December :)

lex
11-25-2005, 05:20 PM
Ohh and yes I will buy one!

Fastest302
11-25-2005, 06:01 PM
thats hot i would buy one

Nicoleb3x3
11-25-2005, 11:57 PM
The calendar we would be doing cannot have a centerfold...it's not a high printing calendar and will not be customizable to that extent. (maybe next year with more interest we could do something bigger).

And yes, the pic done by crimsonblack is also sweet! Either one is good.

I need help from Crimson or mustangfreak to do this calendar...guys???
If we asked you guys help for this...would you?
(I don't have the time/skill to work with 3 or more cars per page...)

Let me know?

Nicole

crimsonblack
11-26-2005, 06:47 PM
Hey I'm game. Willing to do a bit of photo artsy stuff. Just let me know what you need and design you like. I'll post one here based on my idea for four colors per page.

crimsonblack
11-26-2005, 07:31 PM
OK, Here's a sample of what a page might look like with four mustangs of one color. In this case yellow. I put this together in about 20 minutes or so, so the quality on the cars is rough. Thoughts? Opinions? Ideas? ...
:nutkick: :diss:

sicboy
11-26-2005, 07:54 PM
i volunteer my car for pics!!

crimsonblack
11-26-2005, 08:17 PM
That will depend on what Nicole comes up with and how she picks the cars. You could do pages based on color, or Pre-70, fox body, late model etc.

January - RED
February - 2005
March - BLUE
APRIL - SILVER/Bronze
May - YELLOW
June - ORANGE
July - GREEN
August - Fox Body
September - Late Model
October - MISC
November - BLACK
December - WHITE
January - Roush
February - Mach 1
March - Saleen
April - Convertibles
May - V6 ers
June - Supercharged

Something like this or mix and match. A 16 month Calendar would release another 24 cars to the calendar. There would be several misc pages with multiple cars. 72 cars total is a lot of cars, and a crap load of work getting the pages ready, background images; picking what cars for what pages; etc. The artwork for the front could include another 20 or so cars, or images of the cars in the calendar could be used on the cover sheet around the gotstang.com text.

Nicoleb3x3
11-27-2005, 01:27 PM
Crimson, I think that's awesome! I appreciate your work!!

ok, I think we should start a sign up sheet based on crimson's months listed above?
Everyone should pic 2 or 3 spots they fit into...and we can narrow it down later?

for me:
October (misc)
August (fox body)
Feb (red)

now; depending on other's choices and spots left to fill...will dictate where my car ends up...sound good??

(I would really like the October Misc month to be a special group to me (mine, J, Joey-blown93feature, and Charlie-onebad95)

How to Sign Up:
1. PM me through the forums with your 2-3 choice spots. (it's helpful if you contact me on behalf of a group if you have a group in mind)
2. Include picture(s) you are suggesting (please, no more than 2) (if you do not need to be in a specific month...and you are ok with the general GS collage- reply to that and let us know if your car is already in crimson's version.
3. I'll keep a tally and post the preliminary sign up results on this thread after I get several replies
4. PLEASE PEOPLE, DO NOT WAIT TO SIGN UP!!! AND SIGN UP ONLY ONCE (if you want a group; talk to people and only one contact me on behalf of the group)

ANY GROUP WITHOUT ENOUGH ENTRIES WILL BE REPLACED BY GROUP REQUESTS IF NESSASARY.

January - GS (COLLAGE)
February - RED
March - BLUE
APRIL - YELLOW
May - CONVERTIBLES
June - SUPERCHARGED
July - MACH 1 / ROUSH / SALEEN
August - FOX BODY
September - V6
October - MISC (taken by my group?)
November - BLACK
December - 2005
January - WHITE

crimsonblack
11-27-2005, 03:06 PM
That sounds great. Are you doing the 18 month or 12 month?

You may want to add something of a qualifier to the restrictions that could cut down on an abundance of people putting in for calender.

1. Must be an ACTIVE member of GotStang.com - meaning they participate on the website in some form.
2. Must have an ACTIVE website that actually has multiple images of their car.
3. Website must have "Qaulity Photos" that can be used for the calender
4. Quality Image used must be a front shot that includes at least two views. A. Side & Front or B. side, front and top. See the image I posted above for the types of views that should be used. No ass-end of cars.

Nicoleb3x3
11-27-2005, 03:59 PM
13 months only (no ability to change this based on where I'm getting the calendar made)

Images are required, and so is a GS website

sicboy
11-27-2005, 04:44 PM
ok i already submitted 2 pics that dont fit those guidlines. now what?

crimsonblack
11-27-2005, 05:16 PM

ok, I think we should start a sign up sheet based on crimson's months listed above?
Everyone should pic 2 or 3 spots they fit into...and we can narrow it down later?

for me:
October (misc)
August (fox body)
Feb (red)

now; depending on other's choices and spots left to fill...will dictate where my car ends up...sound good??

(I would really like the October Misc month to be a special group to me (mine, J, Joey-blown93feature, and Charlie-onebad95)

How to Sign Up:
1. PM me through the forums with your 2-3 choice spots. (it's helpful if you contact me on behalf of a group if you have a group in mind)
2. Include picture(s) you are suggesting (please, no more than 2) (if you do not need to be in a specific month...and you are ok with the general GS collage- reply to that and let us know if your car is already in crimson's version.
3. I'll keep a tally and post the preliminary sign up results on this thread after I get several replies
4. PLEASE PEOPLE, DO NOT WAIT TO SIGN UP!!! AND SIGN UP ONLY ONCE (if you want a group; talk to people and only one contact me on behalf of the group)

ANY GROUP WITHOUT ENOUGH ENTRIES WILL BE REPLACED BY GROUP REQUESTS IF NESSASARY.

January - GS (COLLAGE)
February - RED
March - BLUE
APRIL - YELLOW
May - CONVERTIBLES
June - SUPERCHARGED
August - FOX BODY
September - V6
November - BLACK
December - 2005
January - WHITE

What about cars that don't fit the color schemes (orange, silver, bronze, gray, green, etc. How are they going to be included? (If any are picked) How about changing the Mach 1/Rouch/Saleen to "Late Model" ? then the multi-colors could fit it. The 05 & Fox bodies odd colors can be covered in those catagories. Suggestion only.

crimsonblack
11-27-2005, 06:20 PM
Not sure how many cars you want in the cover or in the January photo collage, but here is a sample of what we could do.

Nicoleb3x3
11-27-2005, 08:12 PM
crimson, the other categories should help cover various colored cars...right?
and, these are recommendations only...it really depends on how many people sign up/for what categories etc...

I think everyone has at least one spot they can be in besides the GS collage??

BTW: that new one looks awesome :)

Nicole

jason2004gt
11-27-2005, 09:37 PM
Great idea! I'd buy one either way!

blown93feature
11-28-2005, 05:07 AM
Nicole, that sounds good with me and I'm sure charlie will agree. Crimson nice work looks great and I think between you and some of the other members input and creativity this will be a great calender :thumpupn:

speedyhank
11-28-2005, 06:53 AM
just let me know if i can help yall with this and i buy a few.

stone_turp
11-28-2005, 10:06 AM
I could be a september car!!!

sicboy
11-28-2005, 11:10 AM
here is onehttp://us.f1.yahoofs.com/bc/52c4e3e6_L406b495f/bc/burnout/stuffburn+039.jpg?bfO_yiDBm491hJ1l

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

lex
11-28-2005, 11:28 AM
Not sure how many cars you want in the cover or in the January photo collage, but here is a sample of what we could do.

That looks sweet. But what about the 60's ?

pantydropper
11-28-2005, 11:34 AM
Hey looks great can i get a spot in the calendar?

crimsonblack
11-28-2005, 11:39 AM
here is onehttp://us.f1.yahoofs.com/bc/52c4e3e6_L406b495f/bc/burnout/stuffburn+039.jpg?bfO_yiDBm491hJ1l

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Sicboy - the image is too dark. Even enhanced it will not look like the images that were posted in the sample. The cars need to be shot in the "Daylight". Is there some reason you want the ass-end of your car on a calender? Most car calendar shots are from a front angle.

crimsonblack
11-28-2005, 11:42 AM
ok i already submitted 2 pics that dont fit those guidlines. now what?

Take some new pics. That should be quick. Quality submitted photos should be around 600x400 pixels. I can shrink and maintain quality, but I cannot enlarge an image without loosing quality.

Nay
11-28-2005, 03:23 PM
I got a PM to go out and take pictures this weekend for a NorthWest Group. Bremerton, meet on Sunday anyone? :D

02BlueStang
11-28-2005, 03:40 PM
sorry cant drive to bremerton and I work on Sunday....plus its going to start snowing this week guys, bremerton is not the best area to meet up with snow on the ground ;)

Nay
11-28-2005, 04:54 PM
I live out in Seabeck, and we're practically guarenteed between 2-5 inches tonight. Bremerton/Silverdale/Port Orchard/Poulsbo is probably the farthest I could escape to.

[I work from 3pm-11pm on Saturday.]

blueponygirl
11-28-2005, 06:27 PM
any of you up for a ferry ride then? I can meet anywhere...

Nicoleb3x3
11-29-2005, 12:23 AM
Hey looks great can i get a spot in the calendar?
go back on the thread and see which categories 1-3 you would like to be considered for. You will need good Quality pics on your site..or you'll need to submit some.

pm me through the forums with your info :)

wldponi03
11-29-2005, 09:27 AM
OK I must be having a Blonde Moment how do you send pics through PM sorry to be a pain!!! I never did that before!!! I want to get you the info since I can be in March-Blue and February- Mach 1. Can I Email you the Info?

crimsonblack
11-29-2005, 10:18 AM
All interested parties can just post the pics on your websites and email Nicole the catagories your car fits into.

wldponi03
11-29-2005, 10:33 AM
All interested parties can just post the pics on your websites and email Nicole the catagories your car fits into.
Thanks Tim that is alot easier you are such a Peach :beerchug:

wldponi03
11-29-2005, 10:48 AM
ok E-Mail is sent.

Nicoleb3x3
11-29-2005, 09:42 PM
Ok People, we need more replies!!!!
Get crackin if you want to get into this calendar let us know!! (pm me on forums, check months listed previously on this thread)

2003 REDFIRE
11-30-2005, 11:26 AM
PM Sent

YsOffcr
11-30-2005, 12:34 PM
PM sent. I want in.

FierceRage
11-30-2005, 05:02 PM
pm sent :thumpupn:

steelfalcon29
11-30-2005, 05:39 PM
Count me and my ride in!!!

spike
12-01-2005, 01:39 AM
Me too!

Nicoleb3x3
12-01-2005, 08:05 PM
send me a pm..it's the only way I can keep track :)
let me know which month(s) you want to be considered for (check back on the forum for details)

remember, good quality pics on your site are required

Scott 01Cobra
12-02-2005, 11:05 AM
Making this a little easier for people to find the details >>>>

for me:
October (misc)
August (fox body)
Feb (red)

How to Sign Up:

January - GS (COLLAGE)
February - RED
March - BLUE
APRIL - YELLOW
May - CONVERTIBLES
June - SUPERCHARGED
August - FOX BODY
September - V6
November - BLACK
December - 2005
January - WHITE

MystiCobra
12-03-2005, 12:58 PM
I would say that one of the features that makes Gotstang site special is the Hunt Game.

Just an idea, it would be feasible to find 13 pictures for the calendar in the big bank of pictures from the hunt.
It has 9489 pictures featuring Stangs taken in sometimes the day to day stuff and some other times in very special situation.

It might bring a little something to the calendar that other Mustang calendars don't have.
It would sure make people in my office talk when they see some of the wierd pictures we have here Lolll.

Crimsonblack could combined a few pictures of the same claim for a given month and get more people included in the calendar.

Here are some quick examples of pictures that are coming from the Hunt and would worth be in a calendar, I think.

Sorry for taking so much space with the image size but they were submitted that way.

When you look at these pictures, just imagine these pictures on a calendar at your work place
and the reaction of people looking at them when you go through them.

There is so many more that are interesting and of good quality but too big to fit in this thread.

HEAD TO HEAD WITH POLICE CRUISER: (Sign of deficance)
http://www.gotstang.com/0605/meneep/hunt/DSC00887.JPG

SHOPPING CARTS: (The ultimate nightmare for a Mustang owner)
http://www.gotstang.com/0705/mark1wat/hunt/5carts%20Resized.jpg

SOMEONE IN THE TRUNK: (So cute)
http://www.gotstang.com/0605/BooWFO/hunt/someoneintrunk2.JPG

POLICE STATION: (again sign of defiance)
http://www.gotstang.com/0705/Badsnake98/hunt/GS207.JPG

PALM TREE: (nice senery)
http://www.gotstang.com/1005/mellowyellow04/hunt/palm1.jpg

WITH A REAL PONY: (The real and the Icon)
http://www.gotstang.com/1104/ComputerGuy/hunt/Horses%20005.jpg

WITH AP-51 PLANE:
http://www.gotstang.com/1104/OZ98Cobra/hunt/GS-P51-01.jpg

WHEELS TALLER THAN YOUR STANG:
http://www.gotstang.com/0805/Rockinit4u/hunt/bigwheels2.jpg

LAWNMOWER: (agian, weird)
http://www.gotstang.com/0605/pete03GT/hunt/dscn1572a.jpg

NEAR AN AIRPLANE: (Grandiose)
http://www.gotstang.com/0905/Frosty/hunt/HUNTPIC111805%20090.jpg

NEAR AN HELICOPTER: (Perfect match)
http://www.gotstang.com/0405/tweety/hunt/DSCF0440.JPG

ON A BALL FIELD: (Special)
http://www.gotstang.com/0405/Red92GT/hunt/Hunt%20095.jpg

ON A BRIDGE:
http://www.gotstang.com/0605/prttychromektty/hunt/mach1%20095.jpg

LOVE SCENE:
http://www.gotstang.com/0205/MystiCobra/hunt/Hunt%20Love%20Scene%202.jpg

ARMY TANK:
http://www.gotstang.com/0805/ladystang78/hunt/DSCF0005.JPG

sicboy
12-03-2005, 01:07 PM
what is a hunt? j/k personaly i have never done one tho.

Nicoleb3x3
12-03-2005, 11:53 PM
those are good ideas, but the goal has been set for multiple cars per page...I think the hunt pics would have been good with my first format (see my first picture is a sunset)

But; with little time left and multi-cars per page, we will likely keep the current format proposed by crimsionblack.

still need some more applicants people..hurry before I make a final car assignments

Nicole

Nicoleb3x3
12-05-2005, 08:45 PM
FOR UPDATES GO HERE: http://forums.gotstang.com/showthread.php?p=56946#post56946 (http://forums.gotstang.com/showthread.php?p=56946#post56946)

02roush
12-06-2005, 12:24 AM
Is it too late to get into? I have a white car, can get into February I think.

What else do I need to do?

GW269
12-06-2005, 02:24 AM
I'm In... Can you just take a pic from my website??? Or do you want one posted here???

GW269
12-06-2005, 07:29 AM
Nevermind.... just found all slots full for anything I would be eligible for.... Thanks anyway..

MdniteMustang00
12-06-2005, 09:49 AM
ok so i dont know what's been filled or what not....maybe i looked over it...but i cant seem to find a clarification on what ya'll still need....

but let me know if there's something i fit into to, cause i wouldnt mind participating...

crimsonblack
12-07-2005, 10:31 AM
I have received the Calendar List and will start working on the months today/tonight sometime. As I do each page (month) I'll be sending it over to Nicole. If she want's them posted I'll like start a new thread for each month I post.

The backgrounds will be similar to the sample I posted earlier representing the yellow stangs. The non-colored months will be black and gray backgrounds.

J
12-07-2005, 10:33 AM
I have received the Calendar List and will start working on the months today/tonight sometime. As I do each page (month) I'll be sending it over to Nicole. If she want's them posted I'll like start a new thread for each month I post.

The backgrounds will be similar to the sample I posted earlier representing the yellow stangs. The non-colored months will be black and gray backgrounds.
Id rather just post 1 month to get the overall feel of it... or maybe some small screen shots :)

wldponi03
12-07-2005, 11:34 AM
Sounds Great can't wait to order a few for myself and friends!!! Some sample small screen shots would be nice to see. You guys are so wonderful for making these, any idea on cost of the calendars yet so I can figure out how many I want?

crimsonblack
12-07-2005, 10:38 PM
Sent Nicole a July 2006 sample to check out. Image quality may still be a problem. I'll let her check out the sample. at 11x9 at 200dpi as a starting template, that's 2300x1800 pixels with 200dpi quality. The base sheet/image is huge. I do have some sickboy photos that will like be a great size, but generally what is coming off peoples websites is about half the size needed. It has to be resize to a larger proportion and thus looses integrity. Printed out though it may still look sharp. I'll let Nicole tell me. Just keeping you folks posted on the status.

xtreme
12-08-2005, 08:12 PM
really good idea. would get some for sure.

sicboy
12-12-2005, 04:22 PM
Sent Nicole a July 2006 sample to check out. Image quality may still be a problem. I'll let her check out the sample. at 11x9 at 200dpi as a starting template, that's 2300x1800 pixels with 200dpi quality. The base sheet/image is huge. I do have some sickboy photos that will like be a great size, but generally what is coming off peoples websites is about half the size needed. It has to be resize to a larger proportion and thus looses integrity. Printed out though it may still look sharp. I'll let Nicole tell me. Just keeping you folks posted on the status.

everybody see this?

YsOffcr
12-12-2005, 04:59 PM
If the pics off the website's are too small, then maybe we can subit larger images to someone so the quality will be better. I have larger, higher quality pics on my computer. they get downsized to be uploaded to the site.

Nicoleb3x3
12-12-2005, 07:45 PM
please send 1600x1200 images if you can, send them to crimsonblack.
those who can't the plan is to put more cars per page...we're working on this and may need to re-org the months a little.

I'll post more details when available

YsOffcr
12-12-2005, 08:05 PM
OK....where exactly do I send them?

Nicoleb3x3
12-12-2005, 08:43 PM
crimsonblack@hotmail.com

speedyhank
12-12-2005, 11:06 PM
when do u think they will be ready?

wldponi03
12-12-2005, 11:09 PM
Sent Tim my pics I resized all of them to 1600 X 1200 as you said Nicole!!! Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!!! It should be awesome!!!

crimsonblack
12-13-2005, 02:12 PM
We are looking at going with six cars per page on most months. This will make it possible for smaller decent quality images to be used and in the long run put more cars into the calendar.

I have received some larger quality photos, but if the people on your month haven't we are still looking at going with six cars rather than four.

Now I just need the time to sit at the computer and start cleaning up, cutting, resizing posting images into the template. I am currently entrenched on my own website negotiating with some destributors /advertisers for give-a-way material, and attempting to get a good sample completed for Nicole. It is slowly coming together and things will be picking up very soon.

Just so everyone is aware - if someone on the "Calendar List" fails to have the correct type of car images or quality shots on their website I will move on to the next person on the list. If I already have your quality images (the ones that have been sent to me) you are good to go. I will not have time to contact anyone asking for new images once I get started.

fingers and toes crossed.

J
12-13-2005, 02:15 PM
Again to clarify this... resizing the image is not the issue... its the quality of the orginal image. Please donot send him resized images, he can do that himself. He needs orginal photos at a higher resolution.

hrsepwrbrat
12-13-2005, 10:18 PM
Still accepting pics?

crimsonblack
12-13-2005, 10:48 PM
I have completed sheets for June 2006 (4 cars) and October 2006 (3 cars). I already have a per month list, but I can add names for extra (rather Nicole can) spots that open up or we need to make it six cars per sheet on some months.

Nicoleb3x3
12-15-2005, 08:53 PM
anyone who emails pics to crimsonblack, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR USERNAME
thanks!!

2003 REDFIRE
12-15-2005, 10:40 PM
How do you know if your on the calendar list?

Jimmysidecarr
12-15-2005, 10:57 PM
How do you know if your on the calendar list?

Yea ... What he said...

I'm thinking too late :closed: :nutkick: :goodbye:

Nicoleb3x3
12-15-2005, 11:07 PM
I thought I replied to everyone, but it's possible I missed you
I do have your name in the listing..

Please be patient, when the graphics are done, I can offically confirm who has made it and which months they appear in.

:)

prttychromektty
12-15-2005, 11:33 PM
Id like to get in if I still can. I havent been around much.

2003 REDFIRE
12-16-2005, 11:15 AM
I sent crimsonblack the original picture of my car last night just in case.
I have had trouble getting on gotstang for the last five days.

The calendar cover looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

crimsonblack
12-16-2005, 04:21 PM
PLEASE READPLEASE READPLEASE READ

I am getting bombarded with photos of cars. PLEASE READ THIS PART: I do not know most of you by your gotstang name much less your real names. If I get a car photo emailed to me for the calendar that does not include your gotstang name, GS# along with the year and model style of the car I will have to delete the photos[U]. The photos are useless without. not do me any good without that information. I have a list from nicole with the gotstang names, GS#. I am so bad with names I can hardly remember the guys who work for me at my job. Outta site, outta mind, yunno?

So please help me out with this problem. PHOTO + GS NAME + GS# + YEAR & MODEL OF CAR = GOOD. ANYTHING ELSE = [I]BAD = TRASH.

Thanks everyone. Should be getting more sheets done this weekend. Maybe after Nicole gets about half the calendar done she'll post a tiny cheat for everyone to see. :)

Thanks for everyones help. Also remember that when you send the picture of your car at say 800x600 the car should fill most of the page. It your car is not taking up most of the photo it's not really an 800x600 image of the car. Got one of those yesterday. A 1200x800 pixek photo and the car is just a small image in the center of the photo. Nice forest around the picture though. :)

2003 REDFIRE
12-18-2005, 01:48 AM
How is it coming?

crimsonblack
12-18-2005, 06:11 PM
I currently have three months in the books. March (Northwest Mustangs) is about three quarters done except three folks who failed to have photos that can be used at all on their website (and this is for a sheet with 9/10 cars on it).

The cover sheet for the calendar is about 85% complete with about 8 cars on the cover. It needs Nicoles approval.

I have another two months that are in work. The background is established on both, but one has one car completed, and the other has two cars complete. Just don't have the quality photos to complete those two months.

later.

wldponi03
12-18-2005, 07:17 PM
Can't wait to see what you guys come up with, its going to be awesome!!

Nicoleb3x3
12-18-2005, 10:47 PM
OK, EVERYONE CHECK HERE FOR UPDATES!!!! :thanks:

CLICK HERE FOR THE NEW THREAD!!!! (http://forums.gotstang.com/showthread.php?p=58051#post58051)

venoNOS
12-30-2005, 11:38 PM
Suuuuweet, I would def buy 1.

R2Mystics
01-14-2006, 09:53 PM
Maybe have each month have a body style, or color theme and do a collage of several of that theme. You could do it by popular vote or by having it be a prize for some hunt or car show.

Blow-By Racing
01-30-2006, 02:49 AM
I think it's an awesome idea... Here is a few new pics

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/MustangWorld/LNR_FU.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/MustangWorld/LNRMySpace.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/MustangWorld/MySpacePics006.jpg