PDA

View Full Version : OC Cruisin Event (Ocean City, MD)

coreyjo
11-02-2005, 05:43 AM
This is a bit early... but I figured better to plan early...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/coreyjo/logo_cruisin.gif

Ready for Muscle cars everywhere?? Coastal highway sounds like a local drag strip! Sound like fun... This will be a BLAST!

I'm thinking of contacting one of the local bars along coastal highway down there to coordinate a meeting place and cruise in show for Stangs if I get enough interest... so please look at your calendars and RSVP ASAP!

Here's the info from the website & the website address...
Click here to access info on website (http://www.specialeventpro.com/crusin.html)

SPECIAL NOTE: The inlet car show event is open to Rods, Customs and Classics 1976 and earlier.... but there are make shift shows everywhere (Hooters everyday..the restaruant) and one big show on coastal highway!

CRUISIN 2006, May 18-21
The 16th Annual Cruisin Ocean City will be held May 18-19-20-21, 2006 in Ocean City Maryland. To register for this event print out an application form below or email infoevent@aol.com.

Registration (based on availability ) and Sign-In will be held at the Convention Center on 40th Street beginning Wednesday, May 17 from 1pm to 4pm, Thursday and Friday 7:30am to 4pm and Saturday 7:30am to Noon.

General One Day Admission - Good at all Locations - $8.00

Event Pass - Good all 4 days at all locations - $20.00
Tickets and Event Passes may be purchased at the Inlet and Convention Center on the day fo the event.

Purpledoggy
11-02-2005, 11:19 AM
I'll go, I will see if I can get off of work.

coreyjo
11-20-2005, 10:02 AM
I've begun contacting bars and shopping plaza's to setup the show. I have not received much of a response from this site though. Anyone interested, please post a reply and let me know! This is gonna be a great event! Don't miss out!
coreyjo

coreyjo
12-20-2005, 08:14 PM
bump!

usaf
01-24-2006, 02:28 PM
I would be there but it is the same weekend as WFC 9, St.Louis

J
01-24-2006, 02:33 PM
I would be there but it is the same weekend as WFC 9, St.Louis
I was at WFC8 in St Louis last year.

coreyjo
01-25-2006, 06:45 PM
FYI... I'm talking with some people in Ocean City about setting up the Mustang Cruise-in show (It's coming together nicely). I'm also looking into some other events that should be a blast while down the Ocean Hon!!!

spiffy
04-05-2006, 06:40 PM
im going :thumpupn: this will be my first time :devil:

trey3.8
04-07-2006, 11:47 PM
I'll be there this year. Let me know about the car show you are planning. If you've never been, it's the most fun you'll ever have. The only reason I won't go is if they are predicted lots of rain. Really cool to see car guys and girls 100,000 strong take over the pennisula. I've been there two years now and I love it. Just cruising up and down Coastal Highway, taking pics, and filming other cars. Doesn't hurt that I have a place down there either :) Hope to see you all cruising down there May 19-21. I'll be there for sure!

Trey3.8

coreyjo
04-26-2006, 02:03 PM
The Informal Mustang Cruise-in Show is set... It will be held at the 64th Street Slide & Ride parking lot. We're working to try to get the shopping plaza parking lot in front of the Slide & Ride for more exposure to Coastal Hwy. The show will be from 2pm-6pm on Saturday 5/20. Mustangs of any and all years/models as well as other Ford manufactured vehicles are welcome to stop in.

We'll also use the lot throughout the rest of the weekend as a meeting location & hangout. Feel free to e-mail me, cjovan74@comcast.net, if you have any questions or suggestions.

trey3.8
04-26-2006, 03:41 PM
Very cool. Definitely work to get the plaza parking lot though. I know exactly where the Slide n Ride parking lot is and it is completely out of sight. No one will no you are back there!!! I used to work at slide n ride as a young man when I was earning my summer spending money in O.C. :)

I'm staying on 115th street, but will swing down for the show. What time are you asking stangers to get there?

You should think about making it into a show with trophies as well. Don't have to get real fancy but you could definitely create a couple of categories. There's going to be at least three shows going on that weekend up and down Coastal Hghwy (one at the inlet, one at the convention center, one at the hooter's on 145th street). So make it worth coming to the stangers out there. Create some fliers too to hand out. Last year I was down there, someone passed a flier to me from their car. They were only giving them out to cars they liked and asking that they participate in some kind of cruise in. I couldn't go, but thought it was a good idea to get the word out! email me at frank28@comcast.net when you've finalized your plans!

Trey

coreyjo
04-26-2006, 05:27 PM
Very cool. Definitely work to get the plaza parking lot though. I know exactly where the Slide n Ride parking lot is and it is completely out of sight. No one will no you are back there!!! I used to work at slide n ride as a young man when I was earning my summer spending money in O.C. :)

I'm staying on 115th street, but will swing down for the show. What time are you asking stangers to get there?

You should think about making it into a show with trophies as well. Don't have to get real fancy but you could definitely create a couple of categories. There's going to be at least three shows going on that weekend up and down Coastal Hghwy (one at the inlet, one at the convention center, one at the hooter's on 145th street). So make it worth coming to the stangers out there. Create some fliers too to hand out. Last year I was down there, someone passed a flier to me from their car. They were only giving them out to cars they liked and asking that they participate in some kind of cruise in. I couldn't go, but thought it was a good idea to get the word out! email me at frank28@comcast.net when you've finalized your plans! Trey
Yeah, I agree about the exposure to Coastal Hwy and I do think we will be able to use the shopping plaza lot. Fliers are a great idea as well. Maybe I can recruit you and some others to help hand out fliers. I'm also going to advertise it at the next Mustang Club of Maryland meeting in early May. I'm hoping to get 20+ Stangs committed and then draw in some more passer-bys. As far as show & prizes, I've never done that before so it would be new to me. I guess I could throw something together... but maybe just put together some goody bags of stuff from sponsorships and some of my clubs I'm affilated with.

trey3.8
04-26-2006, 05:40 PM
Problem is, I'm not getting in till late Friday night. Since cruisers weekend starts Thursday, it's probably better to see if there are some other people around to pass out flyers. Although I'll stop down and support you guys!

coreyjo
05-05-2006, 06:24 PM
It's getting close to OC time! I'm getting excited! I'm working on flyers this weekend. I'll post them on this site & anyone who would like to help hand out flyers can print copies out and hand them out. I can't wait...This is going to be a blast!

coreyjo
05-09-2006, 01:12 PM
GOOD NEWS....
I just spoke with Brian, the owner of ELD Performance in Millersville, MD and he will be donating Dyno coupons & other items as giveaways at the show. He is also planning on going to the show with his 8-second Stang! BTW, It's the same guy you saw on 'Pinks' if you watch that show on the Speed Channel.

MORE NEWS....
I'm planning on giving awards for 'BEST STANG' & 'BEST SOUNDING STANG' at the show. Looking into getting award plaques in the next day.

coreyjo
05-09-2006, 01:18 PM
Here's a copy of the flier advertising the OC Show Event. Feel free to print and pass out copies. I have a .pdf file that is better resolution that I can e-mail upon request.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/coreyjo/OCShowFlyer.jpg

coreyjo
05-16-2006, 06:24 PM
Anyone else gonna stop by on Saturday? This is going to be a BLAST! If you didn't catch it before, here's the info:

First Annual OC Mustang/Ford Cruise-in Show
Saturday May 20th, 2pm-6pm
Ocean City, MD
65th Street Slide & Ride parking lot
All Mustangs & Fords are welcome regardless of year & model

trey3.8
05-19-2006, 09:35 AM
Bah! I'm not going to make it to Ocean City this year. It was kind of a last minute decision, but there's just too much going on in my personal life right now (seems I'm always busy). Sorry about that! I hope everything goes well. I will be in Carlisle this year and Ocean City June 10-11th for the Ocean City Car and Truck show where my car will be featured inside the convention center. If you're around for any of these, stop over and say "hi."

Trey3.8

coreyjo
05-22-2006, 11:46 AM
The weekend was incredible! There were muscle cars and hot rods everywhere. I was very surprised to see the huge number of Mustangs that showed up down the beach...especially so many late model cars! I've never seen so many Stangs in one location! It's almost like Mustang Week in Ocean City, MD!

The Mustang show went very well! We had about 25 Stangs show and all were the type you had to study over for at least 5-minutes each! There were full show cars with everything chromed under the hood, Pro-Charger & KB blown Stangs, 6-7 60's/early 70 classics, Saleens & even a full blown 8-sec street legal race car!

This show is going to be huge next year! I'm expecting at least 50+ cars minimally to show next year. Keep your eyes and ears open for OC Mustang Show 2007 next June!