PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ride/have sport 4 wheelers????

04redmach1
10-28-2005, 11:12 PM
What year model and mods?? Have you ran it at drag strip? Im fixing to do little more to mine hehe.

My Cobra
10-28-2005, 11:59 PM
a bunch of my friends do. most of them have 400ex's or 450 r's a few preditors. I am lookin to get a troy lee but having trouble finding a decent one. Also want something with reverse so that narrows it down too.

04redmach1
10-29-2005, 01:24 PM
ya for real. 400 doesnt have reverse, i dont know much bout the honda 450. I play around with my 400 alot. going to shop this weekend. im looking at turbo for it. Im getting edelbrock carb, new clutch, new battery, and tune up today. Ill take updated pics of it when i get it back. I cut the front fenders so its lil more agressive looking.

ClintEastwood
10-29-2005, 02:40 PM
i used to have an 87 banshee (first and best year)..that thing would breathe fire. I sadly sold it to buy a car..god damn i missed that thing. It would crush my car in a drag race, id say it could top 100 mph no prob...unfortunately they dont have speedos, but my friend had a polaris with a speedo that he said he was doing about 70 on...and i was hanging back about 100 yards or so behind him...then i just gunned it and went flying past him in a matter of seconds. Id estimate i was over 100 in 5th gear and still pulling really hard. With a full gear left i dontknow how fast it could go...

My Cobra
10-30-2005, 12:02 AM
The 450 r's are nice they are adding reverse to them in 2006 so that should be nice. I like the 400 better becuase of the heavy front end tends to bite a little more in the turns than the lighter 450r's but I think if you could add a little weight to the front of the 450r's and lower it with a wider stance. Would like to pick one up. There is so much you can do to those 400's though my friend has a hot cam in his with a bore and new plastics and it looks great. runs crazy fast up top. keep me posted on the pics and the updates

04redmach1
10-30-2005, 01:22 AM
Ya, right now i have mine bored .80 over, head ported and polished, hot cam stage 2, 12:1 compression w/ wiseco piston, complete exhaust, stage 2 jets in carb, couple other nik naks. I love my 400, it jumps soooo good. As soon as i get this new carb i will be ALOT better off. If your buddy has the 440 bore, tell him to bump compression a little. the 440 is a good kit, but do it pc by pc, and you will be ALOT better off. I raced couple 400's with hte 440 kit when i had just the cam, stage 2 jets and exhaust and would beat them. He would LOVE after he does head work too. TOTALLY differ ride.

prttychromektty
11-01-2005, 06:34 AM
I have a 03 Suzuki Z400. I love it. I bought it new right after they came out that year. I mostly take it on poker runs, and race it a little at a dirt oval track. Never thought about draggin it. Its really nice and it has reverse!! I was going to get a pipe for it and some other stuff but then I got mustang crazy!!

04redmach1
11-01-2005, 05:09 PM
Ya the 400Z are nice. They have a smooth throttle. I cant wait to get mine back.

prttychromektty
11-02-2005, 12:44 AM
It was really nice today and tried riding mine...turns out my dad had it out last week and the clutch was kinda loose and rattling so he adjusted it...Yeah, I had to let if out almost the whole way before it would grap, my hand kept cramping up.

I'm thinking of trading it on something new. My friend just got a job as head mechanic at a suzuki dealer. Where I bought my z400 actually, I might go there and trade it back in.

04redmach1
11-02-2005, 01:46 PM
get a honda hehe ( only time you will hear me say that)

ClintEastwood
11-02-2005, 03:11 PM
id rather have a yamaha personally....their makin the raptor 700 now arent they? with reverse...

prttychromektty
11-02-2005, 04:02 PM
get a honda hehe ( only time you will hear me say that)

I'm not a fan of theres. I dunno why. I guess because almost everyone I ride with has one.

We also have 2 ranchers. They're pretty nice when we go mudding.

J
11-02-2005, 04:10 PM
I love the people with big trucks and shit who drive slower then me over a fuckin speed bump... and on the back window it says "I LOVE MUDD"

prttychromektty
11-02-2005, 09:12 PM
I love the people with big trucks and shit who drive slower then me over a fuckin speed bump... and on the back window it says "I LOVE MUDD"

Ever ridden in a hugh lifted truck?? they ride like crap for the most part. Probably why they go so slow over bumps. Either that or they don't wanna roll it over. :lol:

04redmach1
11-03-2005, 01:22 AM
id rather have a yamaha personally....their makin the raptor 700 now arent they? with reverse...

the Honda 450 has reverse if im not mistaken. Im not sure bout the yamaha tho. Im not to fond of yamaha, their transmissions suck. VERY weak. We went through 3 in my moms warrior in 6 months. :ugh2: And the Raptor is a nice wicked bike, but for the money the honda was better buy. Its $1000-$1500 cheaper and in drag race they are driver race.

ClintEastwood
11-03-2005, 09:03 PM
how do you go through 3 warrior transmissions? those things are bulletproof....ive seen warriors go rolling down hills and be driven away with nothing more than bent handlebars....and ive never heard of blown tranny, amazing with the tons of warriors around here being driven by pretty insane riders. Learn how to drive perhaps?

04redmach1
11-04-2005, 05:11 PM
whats even worse, 2 of them went out on my mom and she ALWAYS uses the clutch. Other went out on me. I dont use clutch on mine hehe. I know a couple folks down here that their warrior trannys have went out. they are maybe pellet proof but not bullet proof.

ClintEastwood
11-05-2005, 06:58 PM
you musta got the bad eggs because around here Warriors are by far the most popular quad and people never have problems with them.