PDA

View Full Version : AL PACKER FORD WEST DEALERSHIP SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sexi_Lil_Stang04
10-28-2005, 10:28 AM
Well yesterday I called Ford... since it marked ONE MONTH that they have had my car in the body shop.. This whole time they have been giving me run arounds saying oh we need this but cant do this because of this.. total bull$hit every time I called... Without telling them I decided to take a ride up there to take a look at my car with my boyfriend.. I only needed a few things fixed on my car because of my rear end accident.. new bumper.. new trunk.. frame alignment.. small things. Well this is what I see parked outside the shop...

http://www.uploadhouse.com/images/499445977car.jpg (http://www.uploadhouse.com/)

I got nausous when I saw it.. They have pretty much done.... nothing.. inside panels were taken off with wires hanging out.. all kinds of garbage inside the car, tape on the sides of the doors, weather stripping missing, no side skirts. I went inside and asked to speak to the manager of the body shop and preceded to ask him "what have you even done to my car in the past month" He tries to explain the process to me and is totally pulling shyt out of his @ss.. I was so mad :mad:
I had also given him a piece of paper with other problems wrong with the car prior to the accident and I asked if any of it had been taken care of.. of course he said no.. Yet he HOPES to have it done by today (friday)
AIG is not happy either. My mom called aig and told them that ford is lieing to them (since ford told them the car was 99% done) and are basically screwing around..

I WANT MY CAR BACK!!!!! :thumbdown:

J
10-28-2005, 10:31 AM
For future.. Dont have a dealership do any body work or paint work on your car. :) Been there, done that.

steelfalcon29
10-28-2005, 10:33 AM
That is total Bull$hit!!!!!! I've had my problems with body shops and real bad problems with paint shops. My insurance company got involved with my problems and told them that if they gave me one more problem and that if my ride was not finshed ASAP that there company would come off there list! That changed their attitudes!! God I really hate that happened to your ride and I hope you get everything resolved.

crimsonblack
10-28-2005, 12:31 PM
They all suck if you let them. You have to stay on top of it, but the dealers are the worst. They are lazy and take their time. Since things are prepriced they don't have any real deadlines to meet so they just assume it's at their leisure. Your price is the same if they are done today or next week.

We have a pretty cool body shop here called "Same Day Paint and Body". These guys are fast, the quality is good and they have a line of people waiting to get their cars in there. A good sign that they do some good work at a good price.

Sorry to hear about your car. But stay on top of them and ride them hard. Don't expect the insurance company to do it for you.

Sexi_Lil_Stang04
10-28-2005, 12:55 PM
OH believe me.. ive been calling every single day asking them whats up..
The insurance is paying for my mom to have the rental car so ford is just taking their sweet ol time.. I figured that taking it to a ford dealership would get me done with this sooner because I assumed they would have the easiest access to the parts I needed.. I was told I should get a lawyer involved..
The guy keeps saying "oh ill call you" or whatever he can to get me off the phone and he never calls NOR keeps his word.. I really wish I could pursue something with this. So much aggravation!

J
10-28-2005, 12:58 PM
This makes me want to start a GS 'shitlist' and everyone can post their horrible experiences with companies.. kinda keep one big database :)

steelfalcon29
10-28-2005, 01:13 PM
Hey J I like that idea! Before you go and get something done or order something online from a company you could look in the data base for their listing or just post in the forum and see if anyone has had any trouble with them.

cjuni
10-28-2005, 01:17 PM
Ya...that does suck, did you buy the car from that dealer? If so you should have some leverage on them, like this will be the last time I buy a car from ya.... etc. But if not you’re pretty much stuck.

I guess you always call Ford Headquarters and talk to someone there but who know...

Are you sure that insurance is not holdin the up?

Good luck and keep us updated, would like o know just how much more time they take.

Sexi_Lil_Stang04
10-28-2005, 01:42 PM
The guy at ford said he had spoke to the insurance a few times b/c they have been calling him as well since the insurance was normally only going to cover a rental car for like 10 days or something like that..
I did buy the car from there.. my mom did actually, it was a birthday present..
He also told me that he would call me today and give me an update but everytime he CLAIMS he will call he never does.
Im dying for my car back..
No stang for a month?! crazy withdrawl lol

cjuni
10-28-2005, 02:31 PM
Honestly I would be callin him, even if he told u that he would call u. And I would be speakin with the Mgr. (body shop & or Sales) whom ever and make it point to info. as many people as possible.

Make ur self a priority for them!

Sexi_Lil_Stang04
10-28-2005, 07:09 PM
Honestly I would be callin him, even if he told u that he would call u. And I would be speakin with the Mgr. (body shop & or Sales) whom ever and make it point to info. as many people as possible.

Make ur self a priority from them!

Ive been trying.. by calling them everyday..
He told me he'd call me today and never did.. I asked my mom to call b/c i had to work but she got stuck in traffic and couldnt get home in time to call them before they closed so I guess i have to wait till monday now since they arent open on weekends :ranting:

mysteed
10-30-2005, 12:00 AM
A month? That is rediculous! Comming from my perspective, if I had the parts available, I could prep that car and have it ready for paint in 2hrs tops. To me, it looks like their painter is probably backed up and that is why your car is not finished. Also, the fact that the bodyshop is closed for the weekends is hurting their productivity. I hope that you get your stang back soon.

Sexi_Lil_Stang04
10-30-2005, 09:00 AM
the bumper is painted but in a corner of the body shop..
and the new cf taillights are in a box on the floor in the body shop.. you would atleast think that they would have put those parts on but no
THEY ARE TOO DAMN LAZy

crimsonblack
10-30-2005, 12:12 PM
You can always start hanging out there every free minute you have. Start calling the bigger bosses at the dealership and even contact one of your local television stations. Sometimes they have people that go after stories based on consumers getting the shaft. Sure lights a fire under their ass to keep them off the small screen in a bad light.

Also, contact the better business bureau about them and their service. They have you fill out a form and they will contact the dealership regarding the complaint. Do not hesitate going after these guys even after you get your car back. They are going to do this to someone else when they are finished with you.

Sexi_Lil_Stang04
10-30-2005, 07:11 PM
You can always start hanging out there every free minute you have. Start calling the bigger bosses at the dealership and even contact one of your local television stations. Sometimes they have people that go after stories based on consumers getting the shaft. Sure lights a fire under their ass to keep them off the small screen in a bad light.

Also, contact the better business bureau about them and their service. They have you fill out a form and they will contact the dealership regarding the complaint. Do not hesitate going after these guys even after you get your car back. They are going to do this to someone else when they are finished with you.

well im worried that pursueing anything would just get them to do the complete opposite of what your saying.. instead of speed up the work.. refuse to do it at all or even work slower...?

steelfalcon29
10-31-2005, 05:54 AM
They can't refuse now! They have possession of your stang and have comitted to do the work. No matter how bad you want your stang back DO NOT leave that dealership if your ride is not up to your standards!!!! Even if they tell you to "just drive it for a couple of weeks then bring it back and we'll fix it" DO NOT DRIVE IT OFF!!!! They have no obligation to do anything else to it once you take it!!! If they try to threaten you just make sure you have your insurance agents phone number with you and call him while there standing there. I'm telling you this because this happend to me. They threatend me and I called my agent right there and then. Once they saw I wasn't playing around they changed there attitude and got it right!!

cjuni
10-31-2005, 06:49 AM
Hey girl any update on the stang?

Sexi_Lil_Stang04
10-31-2005, 08:42 AM
They can't refuse now! They have possession of your stang and have comitted to do the work. No matter how bad you want your stang back DO NOT leave that dealership if your ride is not up to your standards!!!! Even if they tell you to "just drive it for a couple of weeks then bring it back and we'll fix it" DO NOT DRIVE IT OFF!!!! They have no obligation to do anything else to it once you take it!!! If they try to threaten you just make sure you have your insurance agents phone number with you and call him while there standing there. I'm telling you this because this happend to me. They threatend me and I called my agent right there and then. Once they saw I wasn't playing around they changed there attitude and got it right!!

wow.. thats crazy.. they threatened you??
Id be like "oh hell no!" Thanks for the advice tho. Which insurance agent tho? mine or the guy's that hit me? (the insurance paying for the rental car and everything is the guy's that hit me since it was his fault.)
so which number should i have handy?
these ppl are not getting away with aggravating me :naughty:

Sexi_Lil_Stang04
10-31-2005, 08:43 AM
Hey girl any update on the stang?

Well the guy was SUPPOSED to take my car down to the exhaust shop on friday.. and he said he would call me back.. well he never did and I had asked my mom to call them by 4:30 since I had to work but she got stuck in traffic and didnt have her cell on her.. So i had to wait this weekend since they dont work on weekends and I have to call them today since they are there now.
I will let you guys know what bullshit he feeds me this time when I call.

steelfalcon29
10-31-2005, 09:22 AM
I'd take your agents number in this case. The guy's agent is going to side with the dealer because the faster they get your car out the less he has to pay. I got tired of fighting the other persons agents so I claimed it on mine and let my insurance sue the shit out them for everything!!

Sexi_Lil_Stang04
10-31-2005, 11:57 AM
I contacted the body shop and the guy told me he sent it over to service to look at a few problems I had written down that were wrong with the car prior to the accident.. he said its possible it could be done today but he isnt sure how long it will take service to look at my car. I no longer trust him so I called the service shop just to make sure they had it and to see how long they expected it to be there. I spoke to a lady that told me the guy handling my car is on lunch till a little after 1 and she would leave a message on his desk to call me.
My mom said today that if my car wasnt ready she was going to call and bitch them out and threaten that she will call the GM.
GET THIS!! Since ford has had my car and are taking forever to fix it.. my mom had to have the rental car thru the hurricane.. well there is now damage to the rental car due to the hurricane and my mom has to pay for it. My mom is :cussing: !! We have a $500.00 deductable and the damage isnt over that so she has to pay for the damage out of pocket and its fords fault.

By the way guys.. Happy Halloween! :kinpump:

*rant over*

steelfalcon29
10-31-2005, 02:47 PM
Sounds like my luck...When it rains it pours!!! Hopefully you'll get your stang back soon and lesson learned about how repair shops work!