PDA

View Full Version : Classics

Eddie66Stang
10-27-2005, 09:24 AM
I know this site is mainly for the newer generations of Mustangs, and that's cool. I want a new one so bad I can taste it. However, I see there are no forums for classics, and few posts. Even the for sale section caters mainly to 79' and up. Please dont forget about us with older Mustangs. I'm relatively new, and being in Iraq, I'm limited as to what I can contribute and when, but I'd love to see and hear from people with classics too. So, if anyone else has a classic, or likes them, maybe we can get enough interest to have a classics thread.

This site kicks ass! :beerchug:

Hmongstang
10-27-2005, 09:30 AM
yeah, a classic section would be a plus.... I getting 1 in a year or 2... what year and model is ur classic??? anyhow I like to "Welcome to the site" :beerchug:

HookandLadder
10-27-2005, 10:21 PM
Classic here. :nos:

GW269
10-28-2005, 04:10 AM
Classic here as well. :devil:

Scott 01Cobra
10-28-2005, 06:49 AM
I don't think J designed the site to just be for newer cars. It's just that there are 12 billion more newer cars on the road and that's why the numbers here are so much higher on Fox-up cars.

I'm sure J would love ALL the classics to be more involved on the site.

wldponi03
10-28-2005, 09:06 AM
I love the Classic Stangs, wish I had one Myself, maybe someday I will get me one...when I move South!!!

Broncmet
10-28-2005, 04:33 PM
Classics are the best in my opinion. Want to get me a 69 or 70

sublime302
10-28-2005, 04:54 PM
yeah i dont think this site is just a new stang site, its just all the others are few and far between, either wrecked or dont know about the site, thats our job, see them and refer them, welcome, and enjoy the site

Eddie66Stang
11-09-2005, 06:22 AM
I have a 66 coupe with a PLETHORA (do I get points for using obscure words?) of Shelby goodies. I am having a 302 put together for it, as the 289 spun a crank bearing. I have the dual plane Edelbrock RPM Perfomer intake, with matching 4v carb, Hooker headers, Pertronix ignitor II ignition, 8MM wires, a fat-a$$ bumpstick, a C-4 with all the shelby goodies, Lakewood traction bars, Chrome Export brace and Monte Carlo Bar, 1" Lowered Shelby springs, front disc brakes, 100 Amp alternator, B&M Z-gate shifter, a flame-thrower installed in my exhaust (Thanks Gotflames.net for the help) I took the gas-filler cap from the outside and relocated it to the inside of the trunk, and filled in the hole, shaved the door-handles, added an electric fuel pump, K&N 14" air filter. Oh, this is my 9 year old sons car... I drive a 1993 Lincoln Mark VIII (the first car with the DOHC 4.6 engine). I'd love to see a classics section added to the forum, there's a section for 6 cylinders, and even the 4 bangers. Who do I need to talk to about getting a section for those of us who terrorize the streets in "More Experienced" Mustangs?

How many points do I get for having a Cobra emblem tattooed on my left arm, and the Galloping Mustang with the Red, white and blue flag behind it tattooed on my right arm? I can provide pics to prove it!

Now that I know how to rate sites, it's on!

tobedeleted_blnpony05
11-09-2005, 08:59 AM
I have a 66 coupe with a PLETHORA (do I get points for using obscure words?) of Shelby goodies. I am having a 302 put together for it, as the 289 spun a crank bearing. I have the dual plane Edelbrock RPM Perfomer intake, with matching 4v carb, Hooker headers, Pertronix ignitor II ignition, 8MM wires, a fat-a$$ bumpstick, a C-4 with all the shelby goodies, Lakewood traction bars, Chrome Export brace and Monte Carlo Bar, 1" Lowered Shelby springs, front disc brakes, 100 Amp alternator, B&M Z-gate shifter, a flame-thrower installed in my exhaust (Thanks Gotflames.net for the help) I took the gas-filler cap from the outside and relocated it to the inside of the trunk, and filled in the hole, shaved the door-handles, added an electric fuel pump, K&N 14" air filter. Oh, this is my 9 year old sons car... I drive a 1993 Lincoln Mark VIII (the first car with the DOHC 4.6 engine). I'd love to see a classics section added to the forum, there's a section for 6 cylinders, and even the 4 bangers. Who do I need to talk to about getting a section for those of us who terrorize the streets in "More Experienced" Mustangs?

How many points do I get for having a Cobra emblem tattooed on my left arm, and the Galloping Mustang with the Red, white and blue flag behind it tattooed on my right arm? I can provide pics to prove it!

Now that I know how to rate sites, it's on!

the tatoo is a 45 point hunt :beerchug:

Eddie66Stang
11-10-2005, 02:26 AM
Here they are. I've had the Mustang emblem since 1991, got the cobra in 1998. I LOVE MUSTANGS.

P.S. If you know of a Marine or former Marine, tell them happy birthday today. :hbd:

wldponi03
11-10-2005, 08:44 AM
Make sure you put them in as a Hunt pic so you can get some Points!!!

Eddie66Stang
11-10-2005, 11:13 AM
How do I do that?

mufftang66
11-10-2005, 06:50 PM
I've got a 1966 coupe myself. That is one of the things that I really like about this site, it is for just about all Mustangs. There may not be a specific forum section devoted to them but gotstang.com doesn't ignore any year of Mustang.

Rock on!