PDA

View Full Version : security

wallbanger11_22
10-21-2005, 08:46 AM
what are the best security systems for cars or what does anyone suggest. i have had a few problems lately and i think i am going to beef up the security.

02BlueStang
10-21-2005, 12:19 PM
I have a clifford alarm.....never had any problems and no one has screwed with my car....

System includes:
Glass protection all windows
Trunk Pin
Door Pins
Hood Pin
Tow Protection (lifting the car up)
secondary fuel cutoff switch when alarm is activated
Secondary battary operator unit hidden inside the vehicle incase primary alarm is disabled (basically cuts fuel supply if the primary is disabled and can only be shutoff by pushing a button inside the car...which only I know where it is)
Touch sensitive sensors on outside of the car
Blue LED located by the Ebrake handle which flashes when alarm is activated.

cost= $890 (installed myself)

StarDriver
10-23-2005, 12:04 AM
2 Smith and Wesson 9mms with Balck Talons and Hydro-shocks alternating. Any questions?

stone_turp
10-23-2005, 12:26 AM
38" Worth Predator softball bat...

5.0literriceeater
10-23-2005, 10:06 AM
Im not sure about some of the security systems on the market today, but that clifford system 02bluestang has sounds pretty nice! Ive kinda been shopping for one myself. I just want a good system with a pager.

Fastest302
10-23-2005, 11:15 AM
yea clifford is a good alarm system also is viper

wldponi03
10-23-2005, 02:44 PM
I have the Viper, it has a little pager that you can see if anyone messes with your car it would show where they touch it and the sirens are so loud it would scare of anyone!!! I have never had anyone mess with my Stang so far...I have different sensors placed on the Stang, they put one under hood, in trunk area and other various places for me.

stone_turp
10-23-2005, 05:10 PM
My Worth has a sensor right in the end of the shaft that goes PING! every time it comes in contact with the perpetrator...

My Cobra
10-23-2005, 06:29 PM
just get low jack. i had that clifford alarm system in my camaro they broke in to my car stole all my sound equipment and cd's and get this they stole the alarm moduel from under my seat so they took everythign even the alarm. pissed me off point being if they want your stuff they will have it. but an alarm will help care the dumb robbers away.

YsOffcr
10-24-2005, 01:39 AM
If someone wants what's in your car they are gonna get it if they are determined enough. Lojack works if they want to take your car, and I would check if your local police departments have any of their cars equipped with the tracking system for the Lojack. If they don't, that just gives the thieves more distance to travel before they get to a PD with lojack.