PDA

View Full Version : Very serious problem.

Black Stallion
10-20-2005, 07:37 PM
Well, I have a major problem, Awhile ago I bought new Cobra R wheels/tires for my car, and they are great. I noticed after a while, my driver's side rear wheel has rust coming out from the center cap, and it spews it all over the wheel. It is only one wheel. I figured it was the wheel, so I took it back to tghe place that I had them mounted at, so they took off the wheel, and rusty water came out of the axis/hub thing. (I'm not a bug car guy, so I don't know the technical name) So it wasn't the wheel, it is my car, the axis/hub had a fair layer of rust on it, so they grinded down the rust that connects with the wheel, and they said to try that and see if it works.

I am wondering if you guys have ever had this problem. Apparently the wheel gets water in it and for some reason it won't let it back out. Can someone help?

auriansmustang
10-20-2005, 09:53 PM
take off the rim and examine it yourself...it's always better that way...you take it to the mechanic and pay 5billion dollars, and they tell you and explanation the got out of there crack which really means they dont know anything...... axamine it from every edge

1nasty96
10-20-2005, 11:15 PM
take off the rim and examine it yourself...it's always better that way...you take it to the mechanic and pay 5billion dollars, and they tell you and explanation the got out of there crack which really means they dont know anything...... axamine it from every edge
keep us updated :thumpupn:

blown93feature
10-21-2005, 01:45 AM
The wheel center cap isn't air tight and when you drive the car in the rain it fills up with water and doesn't completely m/t out and that's what is rusting out your hub cover because it's sitting in there for a prolong period of time.

Black Stallion
10-21-2005, 01:20 PM
The wheel center cap isn't air tight and when you drive the car in the rain it fills up with water and doesn't completely m/t out and that's what is rusting out your hub cover because it's sitting in there for a prolong period of time.

Yes, thank you for putting it into more specfici terms, but how do I fix it? and its only one 1 wheel.

mysteed
10-30-2005, 12:04 AM
Yes, thank you for putting it into more specific terms, but how do I fix it? and its only one 1 wheel.
Well, if it's only that wheel and the rust is comming from the rear end then I would try painting the rear end with high temp paint and then adding a coat of clear. That way the rain won't stay inside the center cap and rust the rear end.