PDA

View Full Version : My Niece with M.D. is in the Hospital

93ramvert
10-20-2005, 07:05 PM
We got the call last night, she stopped breathing and they had to tube her.
She's not doing very well, she's supposed to go in for surgery in Jan, to basically go into traction. Her left lung is twisted and deflated and she's got pnuemonia. We don't seem to thing she's going to be able to pull out of this one. She hasn't been well since her last surgery in July.

Fastest302
10-20-2005, 07:13 PM
i hope your neice gets better!

10-20-2005, 07:16 PM
Here's hopeing for the best.. You, her, and your family are in my thoughts..

yosemiddysam
10-20-2005, 07:29 PM
your in my thoughts and prayers. best of wishes to ya

stone_turp
10-20-2005, 10:00 PM
My prayers go out...

1nasty96
10-20-2005, 11:51 PM
our prayers go out to you and your family

blown93feature
10-21-2005, 01:36 AM
Hi tom, I hope all comes out for the best and if you need anything let me know. I will see you and danny next weekend and if anything changes don't hesitate to call. In fact I will call you later today.
Joey.

93ramvert
10-21-2005, 06:31 AM
Thanks all, I appreciate the kind words. Unfortunately we know that it's just a matter of time and how much more her 10 year old body can take. I've been working with her for the past year as a PCA and it's awful how far she has gone down hill. She's one hell of a fighter, I know I would have given up a long time ago. So far two nights in Childrens Hospital in Boston, we don't know what's going on tonight yet, but as of last call her breathing had still not stabilized.

Joey, everything is still a go for next weekend. Should be a great time. Is it just you and your wife?

wldponi03
10-21-2005, 07:18 AM
My Prayers are with you and your Family, with the Grace of God hopefully she will pull through!!! Poor little thing is so young!!!

tweety
10-21-2005, 07:31 AM
I am so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayer are with yoyr family. Keep us updated please.

CobraSusie
10-21-2005, 11:22 AM
I will keep her in my prayers,
I hate when such bad things happen to little ones :(

My daughter has a physical handicap, so I can sympathize
I hope all goes well and that this little one pulls through .

Hmongstang
10-21-2005, 11:26 AM
she's in my prayers

02BlueStang
10-21-2005, 12:27 PM
her, your family and hers are in my prayers....I know how it feels to have to deal with MD as my father had ALS (lou gehrigs disease)

He was diagnosed when I was 13 and I watched him go downhill and lose the use of his arms, legs, neck muscles, back muscles and finally the ability to talk....He passed away in Aug 2001 when his lungs could no longer put up a fight....

My prayers are with you and her as well.....just remember that if she passes the pains that her body gave her will no longer be present and she will be in a better place....without pain

EddieGT
10-21-2005, 12:38 PM
She's in my prayers... One of my old friends from Texas had a stroke last night and is currently in ICU (last I heard he isn't conscious)... He's only 36, but apparently was pulling 70 hours a week at his job...

My prayers to both your niece and my friend...

93ramvert
10-21-2005, 01:41 PM
her, your family and hers are in my prayers....I know how it feels to have to deal with MD as my father had ALS (lou gehrigs disease)

He was diagnosed when I was 13 and I watched him go downhill and lose the use of his arms, legs, neck muscles, back muscles and finally the ability to talk....He passed away in Aug 2001 when his lungs could no longer put up a fight....

My prayers are with you and her as well.....just remember that if she passes the pains that her body gave her will no longer be present and she will be in a better place....without pain

Her organs had up to this point been going strong, but because of the severe curvature of her spine due to lack of muscle it has basically just beaten the hell out of her lung. The only course of action at this point to fix the lung is to put her in traction for 9 weeks to pull the neck and back straight, then go in and operate on her spine to put rods and pins and screws and christ who knows what else. Then she gets to heal, then go back in and straighten out lung situation. So your talking like May/June time frame before anything can be done to her lung. And in the mean time, she just because of her lung she's not strong enough to undergo surgery for her back. Viscious cycle. Her Blood pressure was 155/115, not good for a 10 year old. At this point your right 02bluestang it would be a blessing for her to be free from this disease. I feel awful for saying it, but it's true.

blown93feature
10-22-2005, 05:56 AM
[QUOTE=93ramvert]Thanks all, I appreciate the kind words. Unfortunately we know that it's just a matter of time and how much more her 10 year old body can take. I've been working with her for the past year as a PCA and it's awful how far she has gone down hill. She's one hell of a fighter, I know I would have given up a long time ago. So far two nights in Childrens Hospital in Boston, we don't know what's going on tonight yet, but as of last call her breathing had still not stabilized.

Joey, everything is still a go for next weekend. Should be a great time. Is it just you and your wife?[/QUOTE

I will be taking the warden and my son anthony.

I will say a prayer for your niece.

YaLeenVert
10-22-2005, 05:52 PM
This is so sad! The entire family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

93ramvert
10-23-2005, 02:24 PM
She's home now. She's defintely not the little gorl from just a week ago. She still is laboring to breath. She did get out of bed for me this morning though, she wanted "up". So hopefully that's a good sign. She hasn't been out of Bed since Wed. Thanks everyone

wldponi03
10-23-2005, 08:08 PM
Hopefully all of our Prayers helped and she is on the road to recovery now!!!!

My Cobra
10-23-2005, 08:33 PM
our prayers go out and hope for the best.