PDA

View Full Version : HAS BEEN A VERY BAD WEEK.....

YELLOW FEVER
10-14-2005, 05:24 AM
My week has pretty much sucked. We just found out Tuesday that my father-in-law has colon cancer that has spread to the liver. There are 16 spots all together in the liver. It is also in the lymph nodes around the liver. They give him 1 year to live with chemo treatment. Dwayne is not taking it well at all. He was up all night crying. This is going to be tough. He is like a 2nd dad to me. I have been in the family 17 years. All I do is cry all the time. The people I work with have been great. The hardest part is that I work in the field (colon cncer) and there is nothing I can do to help.

GW269
10-14-2005, 05:50 AM
Pray and try to pack as much living into his time left as possible. I lost my best friend to cancer two years ago, his whole body was racked after they found it and he only went two weeks before going. I feel for your family and will send some prayers your way.

tweety
10-14-2005, 07:33 AM
Oh that is not good. My thoughts and prays go out to you and your family.

Ponygirl67
10-14-2005, 12:28 PM
I am so sorry.....you have my thoughts and prayers...

YELLOW FEVER
10-14-2005, 04:48 PM
It is great to know that everyone is praying for me. Thanks for all of your support and prayers. I work for a gastrointestinal doctor and see this cancer all the time and how fast it moves. It is so scary. I will need all the support I can get over the next year. I just don't want him to suffer. He is such a great man. Thanks again.

10-14-2005, 05:31 PM
So sorry to hear that... Like I've already told you, you all are in my thoughts, and if there's anything I can do let me know..

wldponi03
10-14-2005, 07:05 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your Father-In-Law, just remember to help him live the rest of his life to the fullest!! Enjoy the precious time you will have with him, I will keep your Family and You in my prayers!!! I went through this same thing with my Father in 1990 it is not easy, I miss him so much!!! I lost my Mom in 1991, but I have had alot of friends help me through the bad and you have alot of great people on here that will try and help you in the coming months!!!