PDA

View Full Version : FS: 98 Cobra with IRS

OZ98Cobra
10-05-2005, 03:33 PM
The time has come that I must reluctantly put the Cobra up for sale. The reason is solely because I need the money and garage space for a new race car.

This Mustang is not your ordinary 96-98 Cobra. The goal with this car always been to develop a Mustang that provides an acceptable ride on the street, while being a capable weekend road course toy that can hold it's own at open track days.

It has been retrofitted with a 2001 Cobra IRS rear suspension, along with many other suspension and driveline improvements to enable it to do double duty as a daily driver and track toy.

All the suspension bushings have been renewed since May 2005. Likewise for the wheel bearings all around, plus the bearings in the diff, so nothing is worn out.

The engine is stock standard with the exception of the air filter and cat back. It is in perfect condition - in fact with only the best oil and oil change intervals under 1000miles, along with regular high speed runs on the track to blow the cobwebs out, this engine is in way better shape than the average stang that sees lots of city traffic!

The car has been professionally built and meticulously maintained. Even though it sees track duty, it is kept in excellent condition inside and out, and while it is not a show pony, it is regulary shown at cruise nights and car shows. It has 60,000 miles on the clock. It has a clear and clean title, and the car is located in Dallas Texas. All original parts are also included, with the exception of the live axle assembly.

For photos and details on the mods, check out my GS website (http://www.gotstang.com/profile.php?OZ98Cobra&page=1).

I will sell the car either restored to street trim, or as it is now with all the track accessories, depending on the new owners intended use.

In as is "track ready" form, I would accept $13,250.

Restored to street trim, it would have Eibach Pro kit front springs in place of the race front springs, the roll bar and harnesses would be removed, as would a few other track specific mods, the steel driveshaft would replace the aluminum driveshaft, and the rear seat and stereo amp would be reinstalled (contact me for specific details). The IRS and most of the other suspension upgrades such as bushings would stay. In this form, this Cobra rides and handles way better on the street than live axle Mustangs and Cobras.

In street trim, I would accept $12,000.

If you are a fan of the 94-98 body style, and are looking for something special for either the street or open track, then this Cobra is for you! I can be contacted either via gotstang, or at daron@svttexas.com. If you would like to discuss in person, PM or email me your phone number and I will call you back as soon as I can.

http://www.gotstang.com/1104/OZ98Cobra/MSR-NASA-05-05-0553.JPG

2003BlackSVT
10-05-2005, 04:05 PM
WOW!! :wow: Wish I had the dinero for that one....... :hmmm: Would look great with my other one :drool:

meneep
10-06-2005, 12:17 AM
Wow! That's a screaming deal! Wish I had space for another!
Good luck, and keep us up to date on the new project!

Black Stallion
10-06-2005, 08:40 PM
Dude, that sucks. I love your Cobra, if I had $12,000 I would buy it in a heartbeat, but alas, I can't afford an intake for my own car right now. Make sure it goes to a good home.

OZ98Cobra
10-11-2005, 01:14 PM
Don't tell me I have to list the Cobra on eBay to sell it? :(