PDA

View Full Version : Need help installing brakes

gameboy_J
10-03-2005, 02:44 PM
I'm definitly a newbie when it comes to working on my mustang. I dont see any problems with me installing rotors and pads myself. I also want to paint my calipers. Is there anyone out there who can give me a slight walk through of this project. I dont want to take any chances on screwing my brakes up. Are there any special tools I will need? What is the best kind of paint to use on calipers? Are brembo replacement rotors and Hawk ceramic pads a good combo for a 2000 V6 stang? How long are these pads usually good for(ceramic ones i mean)? Any help will be appreciated. I really hope there are some people out there who dont mind helping someone work on there own car. I dont want to take it to a shop when I can learn myself. Thanks again. Gameboy_J@yahoo.com email me if you want I am new to this web site but I hope to be a lifetime member.

Roush2960
10-20-2005, 09:25 PM
They go on the way they came off. Honestly upgrade the fronts to the Cobra/Bullitt/PBR calipers and 13" rotors. I did it a couple years ago and it was one of the best upgrades I did. Until I installed the KB.

Matt