PDA

View Full Version : Brakes on a 6-er

gameboy_J
09-29-2005, 12:49 PM
OK, my problem is this. I just bought new damn rotors a year ago for my 2000 V6. I had the car at 20,000 miles. After I bought new 17" (95 Cobra) wheels with toyo proxies, i soon after had to get my stock rotors turned, all corners, and replaced the pads (non ceramic). Then a little less than a year later I had to buy new disks all around. I opted for cross-drilled/slotted rotors for the front (I thought they looked nice, obviously I didnt get them for performance, V6 remember) and I got standard rotors for the back as well as new pads. Now one more year later. I have to buy new rotors for the front, and need to get the rears machined. Is it normal to have to have this much trouble with the brakes? I dont race, or even brake hard. I just use it as a daily driver. I have put about 60,000 miles on it in almost 3 years though. I know the dealers arent just trying to get me to buy new parts to get some money, since I have violent shaking in the wheel as well as in the pedal. Someone give me some insight please. What disks should I replace my rotors with so that I dont have to change them out as often?

1nasty96
09-29-2005, 02:31 PM
I have not had no trouble like that if i were you i would go to another shop and have them look into it :thumpupn:

gameboy_J
09-29-2005, 04:01 PM
I have taken it to two dealers and meinicke (pardon grammer) I don't have any more Ideas, How long does it take(miles) for "Normal" stangs to need new rotors/pads?