PDA

View Full Version : Sponsor?

My Cobra
12-06-2004, 10:47 AM
I was wondering how people get sponsors for there cars? My car is a show car. I paid 8 grand to have my car painted. I do not get it how people get sponsors. I would like to get some so they can help me pay for some of my mods or something. Do you have to have some really sweet car or what?

J
12-06-2004, 10:55 AM
talk to Stang_Gurl LOL

CODY2003
12-06-2004, 11:20 AM
I was wondering how people get sponsors for there cars? My car is a show car. I paid 8 grand to have my car painted. I do not get it how people get sponsors. I would like to get some so they can help me pay for some of my mods or something. Do you have to have some really sweet car or what?
Honest opinion, good ones are kinda hard to get with a daily driver.
I had a small one with one of the Advance Autos around me, but lost it when the guy that gave it to me stoped working there.
The more enclusive ones have hard standards to meet. most prefer a more modified car that will draw attention to itself, and in turn their stuff. Either that or an already successful car( in the 5 -10 best in show trophy range)
such as Evals. Most require their label on the car itself, like on Evals windows and as you see on many import cars on the fender and bumpers, it's all about advertising. I know that I don't want that for my car so I'm very choosy as I look for sponors. I want one to take the place of the one I lost, but I'm not willing to sacrifice my car's clean look for it. I offer to show on my show box that I place beneath my rear bumper at shows though to compensate and I also offer to make plaques or have handouts though.
It's all about what you want for your car. Once you decide go out and look into your local shops. Body shops, hot rod shops, speed shops, stores, etc. Don't go out looking for national companies to sponsor you until you have already built a strong record. It's just like credit, you can't normally buy a four floor home with 0 credit. Ya know? Find out what they want you to do, compare that with what you want to do and see which give you the most room and the best benifits.
Hope that helps.

04redmach1
12-06-2004, 11:38 AM
It really doesnt matter if you have xpensive paint jobs or not , just depends on who you are going through thinks you have potential or not. You can have a pinto and get sponsored. I do sponsor in audio and some performance through me and it just all depends on how the car is what its used for and how the owner is. Most people want a sponsor for a free ride and some get lucky but rare.

spiffy
12-06-2004, 11:52 AM
Honest opinion, good ones are kinda hard to get with a daily driver.
I had a small one with one of the Advance Autos around me, but lost it when the guy that gave it to me stoped working there.
The more enclusive ones have hard standards to meet. most prefer a more modified car that will draw attention to itself, and in turn their stuff. Either that or an already successful car( in the 5 -10 best in show trophy range)
such as Evals. Most require their label on the car itself, like on Evals windows and as you see on many import cars on the fender and bumpers, it's all about advertising. I know that I don't want that for my car so I'm very choosy as I look for sponors. I want one to take the place of the one I lost, but I'm not willing to sacrifice my car's clean look for it. I offer to show on my show box that I place beneath my rear bumper at shows though to compensate and I also offer to make plaques or have handouts though.
It's all about what you want for your car. Once you decide go out and look into your local shops. Body shops, hot rod shops, speed shops, stores, etc. Don't go out looking for national companies to sponsor you until you have already built a strong record. It's just like credit, you can't normally buy a four floor home with 0 credit. Ya know? Find out what they want you to do, compare that with what you want to do and see which give you the most room and the best benifits.
Hope that helps. id be picky too i wouldnt want a bunch up stickers all over my car

SDRMustang1
12-06-2004, 08:18 PM
talk to Stang_Gurl LOL
Ouch J, just...ouch!! :nutkick:

KoketsuCivicSi
12-07-2004, 03:07 AM
professionalism is key, you'll also need a portfolio & be ready to attend all the events the sponsor tells you to :nailbite:

AEM sponsorship info (http://www.aempower.com/race_sponsorship.asp)

in my opinion, it's better not to have a sponsor. no time constraints, not spending too much cash and plus you have more free time

here's the top sponsored ride in the sport compact scene. sponsored by blaupunkt
http://www.nationalcustomcarassociation.com/html/images/elite/bob_mull/1.jpg
http://www.nationalcustomcarassociation.com/html/images/elite/bob_mull/5.jpg

here's a link to give u an idea of what level your car should be at to gain sponsorship from a decent company: NCCA (http://www.nationalcustomcarassociation.com/html/elite_heat.shtml)

AutoBadges.com
12-07-2004, 05:20 AM
cody i love your analogy of the credit card thing that seriously is the best way to explain it...but I started with GTR which is a great known shop and went from there. Try to get things that are local to you and show them what you can really offer them. You can have a $20,000 paint and they wouldn't give a rats hairy ass about you or your car. You have to convince them that sponsoring you will in turn benefit THEM. You will NOT find any FULL sponsorships first, i will guarantee you that, unless they are tiny little companies that want to get their names out there.

SO start off small and go from there. You have to be a REALLY REALLY GOOD PEOPLE PERSON if you meet them though. Show them what you plan to do at shows, what you will do for them, etc. One thing that I will tell you for 2 yrs of shows...its NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT easy having sponsors. I have had to drop some and pick up some new ones b/c of the manners in which they carried themselves. If I can't trust them..no way in hell I would send ppl to them. (*if you want an example of who email me*)

Anyhow its really not MANDATORY by sponsors that you really have their decals all over your car its what you offer so they KNOW their name will be on the car at shows, driving around town, at cruises, any pics that are taken show them etc. I HAD 1/4 window decals...but since have gone with the logos on my side skirts and honestly I think they look so badass there..LOVE EM! Makes it look more like a sponsored car as oppossed to a home car with stickers now.

honestly i dont want to sound like i know it all, but with about 16 sponsors on my car, magazine feature, many trophies... i can give you the information on sponsorships if you need it.

see what you guys think. I actually put the autobadges one there b/c i had an empty spot for a car show i was going to....the MGW (www.MGWLTD.com) one is suppossed to get there but i kinda like the flow of them...what do you guys think:
http://www.autobadges.com/pics/logos.jpg
http://www.autobadges.com/pics/logos2.jpg
http://www.autobadges.com/pics/logos3.jpg

CODY2003
12-07-2004, 09:48 AM
Like I said, I never would do that to mine, but it doesn't look bad.
I just don't want to mess up the clean lines that I have right now with my 03 Cobra skirts. Now if a company offers to get me a charger, rims, interior, etc. I'll put their logo just about anywhere they want it. :rofl:
I put all my stuff on my quarter windows because with the vert, I can just roll down the windows at shows and still support the sites and organizations on there.

My Cobra
12-07-2004, 10:11 AM
Thanks for all the input. I drive my car maybe 2 days a week. That just like out to eat. So most of the time it sits in the garage. My car was used in a few tv commericals for dupont and also put in a few mag. adds for them. I have went to 15 car shows and have 14 throphies. 12 of them best in show. I only use the thing for show and take it out every now and then.So i figured if i could get some help with parts or things like that it would be better on me. Sounds like a crap load of work for nothing. They will not hand you parts or cash you still have to buy them sure you get them a little cheeper but you have to put up with them telling you to go to every show? I normal go to a show each weekend.

CODY2003
12-07-2004, 10:26 AM
Thanks for all the input. I drive my car maybe 2 days a week. That just like out to eat. So most of the time it sits in the garage. My car was used in a few tv commericals for dupont and also put in a few mag. adds for them. I have went to 15 car shows and have 14 throphies. 12 of them best in show. I only use the thing for show and take it out every now and then.So i figured if i could get some help with parts or things like that it would be better on me. Sounds like a crap load of work for nothing. They will not hand you parts or cash you still have to buy them sure you get them a little cheeper but you have to put up with them telling you to go to every show? I normal go to a show each weekend.
Sounds like you already have a good run at it. Good luck in whatever you decide.

mysteed
12-07-2004, 11:26 AM
I have went to 15 car shows and have 14 throphies. 12 of them best in show.

**** trailor queens win all of the best of show stuff where i live. got any pics of the trophies?

My Cobra
12-07-2004, 02:44 PM
There up in my room. I drive my car to the car shows :( i am not trailer queen. I live in a small town so most of the car shows only have like 100 cars in them. And the prizes suck. like for 3 of them i just got badges for my car spose to go on the dash. how lame. One i got a freekin bird house. who the hell wants a bird house (but it was for a good cause but still come on at least some car wax donated from wal-mart lol.

AutoBadges.com
12-07-2004, 03:13 PM
omg those awards are the funniest thing in the world LMFAO!!!!!! I was wondering how you would win best in show for so many if aside from the paint the car would look semi stock. But the paint has a huge favor on ppl when they vote for cars as well and with only small shows it shouldn't give you problems winning. The bad thing is that companies want BIG SHOWS, not local small shows where no companies show up like vortech, paxton, magazine photographers etc

ps I love Cali :lol:

My Cobra
12-07-2004, 10:58 PM
sorry i live in the back woods. <redneck voice> But we got us a wal-mart </redneck voice>

Stang Gurl
12-07-2004, 11:07 PM
sorry i live in the back woods. <redneck voice> But we got us a wal-mart </redneck voice>
hey i feel your pain.... honest...

CODY2003
12-07-2004, 11:20 PM
I bet I have you both beat, I'm actually in red neck country( in fact I am one myself) and all of the shows I go to number in the 80s at the most. :devil:

My Cobra
12-08-2004, 01:10 AM
yep. I think every car at the show is a 69 SS camaro they all look the same. pisses me off.

AutoBadges.com
12-08-2004, 01:19 AM
it pisses you off but you win huh

Hockeyb0y3
12-08-2004, 05:44 AM
i support my friends companys= reason for stickers on my car, i wana enter shows when shes ready, thats gonna cost some $ in paint and a few more things but my car will be damn sexy.it would just be nice to have more sponsers.

AutoBadges.com
12-08-2004, 05:51 AM
keep helping em out!!

My Cobra
12-08-2004, 10:11 AM
pisses me off that they are all the same. I coudl care less if i win or not. I have a good time and lol i like the way my car looks so screw them if they don't

AutoBadges.com
12-08-2004, 02:29 PM
drive on over to cali, these shows ALLLLL vary..... :)