PDA

View Full Version : What Air intake would you suggest for my 2003 mach 1

michaeliscool
12-06-2004, 12:01 AM
I'm planning on buying some sort of cold air intake soon but i'm not really sure what a good option is for the mach 1's. I would appreciate your opinions.

Joe Friday
12-06-2004, 04:27 AM
There isn't really one since the hood scoop already acts as a cold air intake. Save up your money for gears(no less than 4.10's), drop springs, or long tube headders. you won't be dissapointed at all with any of those mods, esp gears it will feel like you added a super charger. If you plan on going forced induction go with 3.73's :D if you have any questions don't be afraid to shoot me a pm :D

mysteed
12-12-2004, 07:01 PM
There isn't really one since the hood scoop already acts as a cold air intake. Save up your money for gears(no less than 4.10's), drop springs, or long tube headders. you won't be dissapointed at all with any of those mods, esp gears it will feel like you added a super charger. If you plan on going forced induction go with 3.73's :D if you have any questions don't be afraid to shoot me a pm :D
:thumbup: :thumbup:

04redmach1
12-17-2004, 10:53 AM
The most your gonna get out of cold air is 15rwhp and thats on the K&N dyno proved from my shop. Now this winter in my mach im doing gears,302 stroker kit,cams,port and polish heads, and NOS. Just let me know what your looking for and ill see what I can do for ya.

Aerosi665
12-17-2004, 12:15 PM
15rwhp out of an intake?! Holy crap. I wish I could get that out of mine. I'd be lucky with ~8.

thumpin347
12-17-2004, 01:50 PM
The most your gonna get out of cold air is 15rwhp and thats on the K&N dyno proved from my shop. Now this winter in my mach im doing gears,302 stroker kit,cams,port and polish heads, and NOS. Just let me know what your looking for and ill see what I can do for ya.
you are an idiot. 15whp on an N/A car? since its your shop...post up a stock airbox compared to the K&N kit...and i mean dyno graphs with pics of the runs. i guarantee you that you are full of shit, with 100 bux paypal'd to you if you're right. oh, and who says NOS??? you must be 17...

mike:

4.30 gears
MGW short throw shifter
offroad x pipe
catback
timing adjuster

there really isnt much to do with mod motors. other than throwing on long tubes and going drag suspension set up if you are into dragging at the strip. other than that, you are left to resort to a boosted application, nitrous, or going stroker motor.

the 4.30s will give you the best bang for the buck and allow that 4 valve to rev up nicely. the exhaust will just get you sounding good and the shifter will help you bang some gears. that'll get you started for a good base on a nice lil street stang.

you can shoot me a PM as well with any questions.

04redmach1
12-17-2004, 03:11 PM
I said NOS for short butt munch. And I dont have to prove a damn thing to you. And there were bout 45-50 mach 1 went to atlanta last year when the K&N just came out and everyone did a run without and with the cold air kit. Automatics were pumping 10-12 and stick was at 12-15 rwhp. Dont speak unless you KNOW what your talking bout. :fart: :jerkit:

02BlackGT
12-17-2004, 03:44 PM
you are an idiot. 15whp on an N/A car? since its your shop...post up a stock airbox compared to the K&N kit...and i mean dyno graphs with pics of the runs. i guarantee you that you are full of shit, with 100 bux paypal'd to you if you're right. oh, and who says NOS??? you must be 17...

mike:

4.30 gears
MGW short throw shifter
offroad x pipe
catback
timing adjuster

there really isnt much to do with mod motors. other than throwing on long tubes and going drag suspension set up if you are into dragging at the strip. other than that, you are left to resort to a boosted application, nitrous, or going stroker motor.

the 4.30s will give you the best bang for the buck and allow that 4 valve to rev up nicely. the exhaust will just get you sounding good and the shifter will help you bang some gears. that'll get you started for a good base on a nice lil street stang.

you can shoot me a PM as well with any questions.
I like this guy...straight to the point and calls you out with CORRECT information.

thumpin347
12-17-2004, 03:46 PM
I said NOS for short butt munch. And I dont have to prove a damn thing to you. And there were bout 45-50 mach 1 went to atlanta last year when the K&N just came out and everyone did a run without and with the cold air kit. Automatics were pumping 10-12 and stick was at 12-15 rwhp. Dont speak unless you KNOW what your talking bout. :fart: :jerkit:
trust me i know what i'm talking about. my father put a JLT intake on his marauder, which is a Mach motor, put it on a dyno, and saw gains of only 3 HP peak, and 6 TQ. dude, its an easy 100 bux for you if you can prove me wrong...and if you are wrong i get nothing in return...nothing but a friendly bet. why dont you take that bet? you own a shop, it'll take you no longer than 30 minutes for a dyno pull with and without a CAI? i am so confident in how full of shit you are, i'd bet on it and risk being made a fool of.

this is the last of my personal attacks...i just dont take too kindly to
"INTERNET RACERS" who provide the wrong information to somebody that wants to know nothing but the truth

04redmach1
12-17-2004, 05:09 PM
LOL see you dont know what your talking about. WAY different engine than mach. Where do I start, hmmm... cams are differ, mach has high flow heads, more compression in mach. apples and oranges. thats what your compairing. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT. Listen to me----I own a business ok you still with me? My bread and butter comes out of what I know and what I can do. So when I tell a customer what he CAN expect, then gets it. you still with me right? Ok well I obviously know what im talking about since im still open and I have repeat customers. I dont have any dyno sheets with me right now and I dont have to take your money or be an a$$,,,which im not trying to be. But dont tell me what I know when you have NO CLUE what your talking about. Go get a mach and put one on and see what you get. Or bring your happy go lucky a$$ down to mine and I will show you. But right now im busy with A REPEAT CUSTOMER and putting an exhaust on MR. maruader man. And if your older than me well you didnt get wiser so keep growing. :looney: Oh and one of the mach's which is a buddy of mine got 11 rwhp with 14 torque.

232stang
12-17-2004, 05:39 PM
i really doubt you can get so much power with just a cai, because thats what cobras are gaining and they have the roots blower. but if you do get that increase good for u

thumpin347
12-17-2004, 05:45 PM
once again, you are not correct. from intake to oil pan, both motors are the SAME. the only difference is the intake is faced toward the driver's side to suit the driver side air box set up of the panther platform. the ONLY difference between a Marauder and a 5spd Mach is that a marauder uses a cast steel crank, whereas the 5spd Machs use a forged crank. HOWEVER, the auto machs use cast cranks as does the marauder. the Heads, rods and pistons are shared by both power plants. some mach people say the cam lobes are a little bit more aggressive than the marauder...but this is not an actual truth, since people can claim all they want but cannot come up with the lift numbers on the two cams. the main difference in the motor is the engine calibration codes.

now...if you flip through your ford racing catalog. you will notice they offer a marauder motor, and a mach motor. HOWEVER, they share the SAME EXACT PART NUMBER, with the exception of an "A" in place of a "1", denoting the fact that the motor with part number "A" utilizes a cast crank for Auto marauders and Machs.

i could care less if you own a shop. a monkey can open up a shop. any shop can remain open to those that rely on shop guys like you to point them in the right direction. obviously you are doing a great job claiming 15whp on hyped up parts like CAI's to people oblivious to reality, thus resulting in sales. BUT, that is dishonest business practice and you lack business ethics. i've only seen 2 posts i agree with, one being the predator does no good with only 2hp max gains, and SCT chips being better than Diablo. that is the only area i agree with you.

anyone else who knows any better will NOT GO TO A SHOP, unless for a dyno tune. i havent stepped foot in a shop in over 2 years. i do all my own work, and research my own parts and have my parts connections all over the country.

keep trying to prove me wrong and i'll keep knocking you off the pedestal you keep trying to climb and stand up on above me, because the truth is, i'll make you look incredibly ridiculous, and nobody on this site will want to do business with your crooked business. i know what you are trying to do, and you are trying to solicit business off of members here with your BS group buys where you save 30 bux. and honestly, i will not stand for it, unless you are paying J an advertiser's fee to promote your shit business on his site.

THE END

04redmach1
12-17-2004, 05:54 PM
Well I dont give a shit what you think and you can go to hell. Its people like you that just aint got a damn clue. I have excellent business practice and know what im talking about.. And you do your own work LOL they way you talk your shit shouldnt even crank up. A mustang deserves a better owner. Im tierd of playing with your lil ass if you got something to say call me 1-888-993-7613 . And ya I sell a couple things on here but alot cheaper than you will get them anywhere else and ive already talk to a mod bout postin products so mind your own F****** business. Thats all im saying to your stupid ass. THE END :tmi: Oh and the mach and cobra have same part # also on book but that doesnt mean a damn thing shade tree boy

thumpin347
12-17-2004, 05:59 PM
Well I dont give a shit what you think and you can go to hell. Its people like you that just aint got a damn clue. I have excellent business practice and know what im talking about.. And you do your own work LOL they way you talk your shit shouldnt even crank up. A mustang deserves a better owner. Im tierd of playing with your lil ass if you got something to say call me 1-888-993-7613 . And ya I sell a couple things on here but alot cheaper than you will get them anywhere else and ive already talk to a mod bout postin products so mind your own F****** business. Thats all im saying to your stupid ass. THE END :tmi: Oh and the mach and cobra have same part # also on book but that doesnt mean a damn thing shade tree boy
BWAHAHAHA, okay...great comeback buddy

thumpin347
12-17-2004, 06:02 PM
Oh and the mach and cobra have same part # also on book but that doesnt mean a damn thing
:rofl:

thumpin347
12-17-2004, 06:13 PM
Marauder Crate motor part #: M-6007-MA46
Mach 1 Crate motor: M-6007-M146
1999 N/A Cobra Crate motor: M-6001-C469
2001 N/A Cobra Crate motor: M-6001-C460

i fail to see how a Mach's part number is the same as the Cobra part number

Joe Friday
12-17-2004, 06:26 PM
perhapse... and I'm going out on a limb here...... They are not the exact same blocks....**gasp**

thumpin347
12-17-2004, 06:30 PM
perhapse... and I'm going out on a limb here...... They are not the exact same blocks....**gasp**
i was just pointing out how the mach and cobra do not share the same part number as 04mach claimed, thats all

Joe Friday
12-17-2004, 06:32 PM
yeah I know.. I was futhering the p'owning on this guy :D

04redmach1
12-17-2004, 06:50 PM
Look at a fords service dept book lame ass

04redmach1
12-17-2004, 06:54 PM
Oh and no shit they dont have the same block arent you a fuckin smart one.
Yall are so so dense. You ned to look b4 you speak. and when your poor ass saves up enough to get a mach maybe you will know what a K&N does.

thumpin347
12-17-2004, 07:03 PM
Oh and no shit they dont have the same block arent you a fuckin smart one.
Yall are so so dense. You ned to look b4 you speak. and when your poor ass saves up enough to get a mach maybe you will know what a K&N does.
hahahahahaha...because Machs are such high end vehicles. give me a break. what a K&N does to an NA car is universal regardless of whether its a Mach, or just a 2v GT...get that through your head.

way to come off as a mature business owner. seriously, the only purpose you serve is for a good laugh.

mysteed
12-17-2004, 09:21 PM
04redmach1, what's your business' name and address? Just wondering, b/c I live kinda near you.

04redmach1
12-17-2004, 09:50 PM
Ya i use to go up there when i raced RC cars couple years ago.. Im off of veterens parkway. Penny Pushers Automotive

BruntzySVT
12-19-2004, 02:00 AM
MICHEAL UR SHIT I SLOW!

BruntzySVT
12-19-2004, 02:01 AM
get jlt www.jlttruecoldair.com

04redmach1
12-21-2004, 01:18 PM
http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=27813&goto=newpost
Click on that and here is a few things for ya THUMPIN.

thumpin347
02-10-2005, 12:46 PM
http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=27813&goto=newpost
Click on that and here is a few things for ya THUMPIN.
i clicked on it, and it proves my damn point

from ralph greene

"Well Steve.....There's myth and there's fact. There is also a lot of hype going around, and I just like to help balance it out a little. And no....I probably would not do any engine mods that didn't make measurable power and I'm not much interested in making the power mostly from just leaning it out.

I've never said CAI kits aren't worthwhile to modded cars that need more airflow. And are added as part of a tuned system. But most of the CAI kits that get added to members of these forums do very little (except void their warranty). I just hate to see products hyped that do little for most purchasers. Someone needs to make these points."

"I have seen very little real data about what a CAI kit does. Just that it adds X amount of HP and TQ after installation.
That means nothing because you don't know how power was increased, either thru leaning or actually a better air flow path, or combination of both. You could probably get as much or more HP from leaning and some timing increase from tune with stock set up with good filter."

thanks for trying to get your mach buddies to confirm your 15rwhp+ claims, yet they just made you look stupid fool