PDA

View Full Version : DAMN CLUTCH!

REEF93
09-20-2005, 07:24 PM
WELL IT FINALLY HAPPENED, GOT HOME FROM WORK AND WENT TO THE PIZZA PLACE BELOW MY HOUSE, AND THOUGHT I WAS SIMPLY GOING TO GET ME A PIZZA AND CRUISE BACK HOME. I DID MAKE IT TO GET MY PIZZA, BUT WHEN I LEFT THE PIZZA PLACE I GOT ON IT A LITTLE (NOT REALLY)LOL. AND RIPPED THROUGH THE GEARS WITH THE SHIFT LIGHT BLAZING ALL THE WAY THROUGH 4TH, THATS WHEN IT HAPPENED I LET OUT A LITTLE AND WENT TO CRUISE INTO 5TH AND SOMETHING POPPED, THE CLUTCH PEDAL WAS ALMOST DEAD AND IT WOULD NOT GO INTO GEAR, SO I COASTED INTO A CHURCH PARKING LOT AND HUMPED IT BACK TO THE PIZZA PLACE. LUCKILY WHEN I GOT THERE MY FRIEND WAS THERE WITH HIS POWERSTROKE AND WE WENT TO HIS HOUSE TO GET HIS TRAILER AND TAKE MY CAR TO THE MECHANIC. WHEN WE ARRIVE AT THE MECHANICS HE PUSHES IN WHAT I HAVE LEFT OF THE CLUTCH AND CRANKS THE CAR AND IT SOUNDS LIKE A FAN WITH A PIECE OF PAPER IN IT...BUT ITS BEEN A GOOD CLUTCH THOUGH ...AS FAR AS I KNOW ITS NEVER BEEN CHANGED AND IT HAS ALMOST 150 THOUSAND ON IT, SO IT WAS TIME FOR IT TO GO,,,,ACTUALLY PAST TIME. SO I GUESS TOMORROW I WILL GO AND PICK UP A KING COBRA CLUTCH AND HOPE MY CAR IS BACK MOTERVATED BY SAT. FOR FAST FORDS AT ROCKINGHAM :nailbite: IF NOT OH WELL

SAVGE 89
09-20-2005, 07:35 PM
So sad - hate to hear you're clutch went out, but it sure sounds like luck was on your side (close to home and having a buddy with a trailer was pretty damn lucky) and add to that, you'll be getting a new mod too. You're coming out of this pretty good I'd say... best of luck with your new clutch install. I have a good feeling you'll make the FF @ the Rock.

Nicoleb3x3
09-20-2005, 07:39 PM
That sucks....but not really! Now you can upgrade!

REEF93
09-20-2005, 07:42 PM
IM JUST GLAD IT HAPPENED CLOSE TO HOME AND NOT ON THE WAY TO ROCKINGHAM OR SOMETHING, AND YEAH IT WAS TIME FOR A NEW MOD ANYWAY.... :thumpupn:

Nicoleb3x3
09-20-2005, 07:55 PM
I blew a clutch cable once...had to walk 10 miles...with beer!
yes, you're very fortunate- that's how you know it was meant to be.

REEF93
09-20-2005, 08:06 PM
WALK 10 MILES...... :nutkick: I THINK I WOULD HAVE JUST WAITED WITH THE BEER...LOL....U KNOW MAKE SURE IT DIDNT GO ANYWHERE, :thumpupn: :beerchug:

Nicoleb3x3
09-20-2005, 08:37 PM
well, we thought it would be fun to walk...with the beer...and I didn't have to carry it either...and we didn't realize how far it was.

plus..I think at mile 7 or 8 we got to a gas station and called a cab, a big hill did us in and we couldn't go any further! :lol:

oh yeah, that happened in my "2nd Mustang" (2.3 lx '88)which I basically gave to my brother..and was borrowing it from my brother (because my other car was in the shop)..and we were going to pick HIM UP! so; just after finishing the first shift leaving the light...I felt the pedal go floppy---and managed to coast to where my brother was waiting for us.....only to tell him I broke his car :diss: ....and we have to walk back to the house :diss: ...WITH BEER! :silly: 10 MILES! :devil: (ok, well 7 or 8 miles) :nya:

REEF93
09-20-2005, 08:46 PM
:j: U ARE BETTER PERSON THAN ME,I RUN ABOUT 3 TIMES A WEEK AT THE GYM , 2 MILES AT A TIME, AND IM SPENT AFTER THAT >owned< AND I BET THAT REALLY SUCKED FOR YOUR BROTHER.....LOL :hmmm:

Nicoleb3x3
09-20-2005, 09:06 PM
my brother laughed...he owned the Stang 2 weeks, and I borrowed it for that one day...so he wasn't too attached, it was a shit box anyway. He did fix the clutch cable..but then the other clutch cable broke 3 days later...then he junked it. the motor had under 90k on it...the car itself was rusted like the titanic..that's why I didn't keep it and gave it to him for like nothing.

..that was my first attempt to replace my first mustang and build my Mustang Dream Car...until we put it up on the lift...and saw the rust...OMG, I ALMOST DIED! Seriesouly...think THE TITANTIC!

...2-3 years later I finally got my 93

Nicoleb3x3
09-20-2005, 09:13 PM
......that reminds me....I cried my eyes out when we found that rust...and I spent my only $400 on it (I was very very poor HS Senior living on my own)...my uncle ended up fixing my previous car for free since I got screwed with this Mustang....my Mustang dream crushed for a second time......wow, I forgot all about that

REEF93
09-20-2005, 09:24 PM
SORRY I BROUGHT OUT SOME DEMONS :diss: :devil:

Nicoleb3x3
09-20-2005, 09:30 PM
nah, it's all good now. One of the many reasons why I Love my Mustang.

REEF93
09-22-2005, 05:14 PM
WELL WENT AND PURCHASED MY CLUTCH ON MY LUNCH THIS AFTERNOON, LUCKILY I WAS WORKING IN CHARLOTTE NC, TODAY AND AS LUCK WOULD HAVE IT WORKING LIKE 2 BLOCKS AWAY FROM A PERFORMANCE SHOP :thumpupn: SO I WENT IN AND PURCHASED MY CLUTCH AND TOOK IT TO THE MECHANIC THIS EVENING, BUT I HAD MY BUBBLE BURST WHEN HE TOLD ME HE WOULDNT BE ABLE TO START ON MY CAR TILL MON, SO I GUESS NO MUSTANG FOR ME AT FAST FORDS ON SAT. OH WELL :diss: IT DOESNT MEAN I STILL WONT BE THERE. :beerchug:

Nicoleb3x3
09-22-2005, 05:16 PM
that sux
you could always trailer it there!!

REEF93
09-22-2005, 05:17 PM
:thumpupn: YEAH ROLL IT OFF AND EVERYTHING, IT WOULD BE LIKE A NICE SHOW CAR....LOL :w00t:

lxexpress
11-04-2005, 09:40 AM
do yourself a favour and install an aluminum quadrant assm too,like a hays or something

gtstangau
01-11-2006, 02:48 AM
My car had about 85k miles on it when I lost my clutch. I first learned how to drive a 5-speed with it and who knows what it had been through before I got the car. My clutch decided to go out in a blaze of glory into several tiny peices at the end of the drag strip. I ripped through first and second when I felt the pedal go dead and it wouldnt go into any gear. I had to coast to the end of the track and call for a tow. Wich preety much ruind my night, but it all worked out in the end upgraded to the Centerforce Stage 2 clutch feels much better than the stock one.