spiffy
12-05-2004, 07:08 PM
what do 500hp 600hp and 700hp supras all have in common? take a guess

J
12-05-2004, 07:12 PM
They all run 11s

spiffy
12-05-2004, 07:15 PM
They all run 11s lol yeah my dad told me this one earlyer he said 12's tho but u get it lol supras= :weakestli with drag

CODY2003
12-05-2004, 07:18 PM
lol yeah my dad told me this one earlyer he said 12's tho but u get it lol supras= :weakestli with drag
Ya, normally cars don't do so well at things they arn't designed for.
Kinda like mustangs and drifting, or f-bodies and anything.

spiffy
12-05-2004, 07:30 PM
Ya, normally cars don't do so well at things they arn't designed for.
Kinda like mustangs and drifting, or f-bodies and anything. yes i agree with that except i dont total agree with the fbody comment but i do agree its a poor design even tho there are plenty of after market products to improve upon it thing about supras is that alot of idots think they kick but on the drag strip 11's is good but if thats all u can go thats not very impressive i partly blam that dang fast and furious movie i liked it but i was in to cars way before that AND OMG i couldnt stand hearing people call every type of nitris "NOSS" *rant* :gso:

CODY2003
12-05-2004, 07:40 PM
yes i agree with that except i dont total agree with the fbody comment but i do agree its a poor design even tho there are plenty of after market products to improve upon it thing about supras is that alot of idots think they kick but on the drag strip 11's is good but if thats all u can go thats not very impressive i partly blam that dang fast and furious movie i liked it but i was in to cars way before that AND OMG i couldnt stand hearing people call every type of nitris "NOSS" *rant* :gso:
The f-body comment is mainly just my opinion. I have seen the basic range and was disapointed. even the SS was way two rounded a performer to accel in any one area. It's just that like most of what GM makes, they just don't accel at anything but are fair in most things you know what I mean?

mysteed
12-05-2004, 08:45 PM
It's just that like most of what GM makes, they just don't accel at anything
:lol: so true..

Joe Friday
12-05-2004, 09:15 PM
You know what.. i'm not even going to touch this one... But here is a 900+ supra running around here that is well out of the 11's :D

csc
12-05-2004, 09:33 PM
yes i agree with that except i dont total agree with the fbody comment but i do agree its a poor design even tho there are plenty of after market products to improve upon it thing about supras is that alot of idots think they kick but on the drag strip 11's is good but if thats all u can go thats not very impressive i partly blam that dang fast and furious movie i liked it but i was in to cars way before that AND OMG i couldnt stand hearing people call every type of nitris "NOSS" *rant* :gso:

actually in real life the cars on fast in the furious were 13-15 second cars!

02BlackGT
12-05-2004, 09:36 PM
You know what.. i'm not even going to touch this one... But here is a 900+ supra running around here that is well out of the 11's :D
But with his power he should be in the 9's

CODY2003
12-05-2004, 09:41 PM
They may have been, but take a close look at some of the other stuff in them. Like the fact that the ones with cages, arn't all there. There are side bars going to the roof and stoping. real safe engineering. :silly: Also the belts are attached with sheetmetal screws to the "cage". This applies the the close up cars, and the others of course had to meet spec. I sure wouldn't drive any of them myself. Even being the ricer I am. :rofl:

SDRMustang1
12-05-2004, 09:43 PM
Gotta make the cars pretty cause they can always make it look fast during editing...

spiffy
12-05-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by csc

im aware of that.. in one seen when the guy vin desil was playing was intro ducing his charger i beleve he said it had 900 hp.. nuff said i think

spiffy
12-05-2004, 10:10 PM
They may have been, but take a close look at some of the other stuff in them. Like the fact that the ones with cages, arn't all there. There are side bars going to the roof and stoping. real safe engineering. :silly: Also the belts are attached with sheetmetal screws to the "cage". This applies the the close up cars, and the others of course had to meet spec. I sure wouldn't drive any of them myself. Even being the ricer I am. :rofl: all the shots in the car wher fake meaning they sat in the car in a room wioth a big fan and green walls lol

spiffy
12-05-2004, 10:14 PM
You know what.. i'm not even going to touch this one... But here is a 900+ supra running around here that is well out of the 11's :D whats his rearend set up and if i was sporting 900+ hp i think id be doing at least high 9's

CODY2003
12-05-2004, 10:16 PM
all the shots in the car wher fake meaning they sat in the car in a room wioth a big fan and green walls lol
Actually I believe that quite a good chunk of the actor in car footage was on location. Like the scenes at the street races start and finish scenes. The scenes in motion were digital, but the profile shots were real. Like when what's his name powerslides to shoot the motorcycle dude.

SDRMustang1
12-05-2004, 10:33 PM
Paul Walker is actually decent when driving a performance car, he went to all kinds of schools before both movies and did a lot of his own driving in the sequal, but nothing too fancy cause the insurance companies would get mad!

spiffy
12-05-2004, 10:49 PM
Paul Walker is actually decent when driving a performance car, he went to all kinds of schools before both movies and did a lot of his own driving in the sequal, but nothing too fancy cause the insurance companies would get mad! the think i think is the funnyest thing about him and taht movie is that he was supost to be the star HAHAHAHAHAHA and vin delsil was still pretty new and he totaly stole his spot light HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA im sorry but i just think its funny...

SDRMustang1
12-05-2004, 10:51 PM
and then when vin diesel bailed on the sequel, paul walker was thinkin, YES!!!!!!!!