PDA

View Full Version : Blower options?

My Cobra
09-11-2005, 03:38 PM
Well my dad has told me that for christmas and my birthday he will chip in and help me get a supercharger for my car. So looking for options and which way you guys would go as far as roots style or the others. How much i am looking at spending here and anything else i might need to know (Places that will do the best job and know what is going on) Thinking modular power house.

HerNastyNotch
09-11-2005, 04:36 PM
Thought this article might help you... goes in depth about the differences between roots, screws, and centrifugals and the benefits for different applications.

http://musclemustangfastfords.com/tech/0411mm_super/

My Cobra
09-11-2005, 05:56 PM
sweet thanks a lot for the link.

mysteed
09-11-2005, 10:26 PM
Whatever you do, send the stang to modular powerhouse. Tim's shop is less than 15min from me, so I'm over there alll the time. As far as a S/C, check the MPH website www.modularpowerhouse.com and see which kit the guys over there recommend. If I had to venture a guess, I would say one of MPH's mongoose kits.

sicboy
09-12-2005, 01:30 PM
chech out the kenne bell site! there is an almost endless amount of info on supercharging there!. i just did one of there kits on my o3 and i am extreemly hapy. they were great there and went out of there way to help in every way!

rrspicer
09-12-2005, 04:31 PM
go with a paxton novi 2k. I am running one on my cobra w/only 10lbs of boost and making 510 to the wheels

White Stang
09-12-2005, 05:51 PM
go with a paxton novi 2k. I am running one on my cobra w/only 10lbs of boost and making 510 to the wheels
I agree Novi 2K all the way :thumpupn:

GotTorque
09-12-2005, 06:48 PM
I have a Kenne Bell. Although it's not the fastest blower in the world, I love the low-end torque. Check out the torque curve on my website. That thing'll throw anyone back in the seat hard.

GotTorque
09-12-2005, 06:53 PM
chech out the kenne bell site! there is an almost endless amount of info on supercharging there!. i just did one of there kits on my o3 and i am extreemly hapy. they were great there and went out of there way to help in every way!

A quick word of warning. I love the KB blowers, and the people there I have talked to are great, but if you have something wrong or need to get in touch with them, it can be very difficult. I have a buddy who's KB had to be rebuilt 4 times now, and he is beyond frustrated. As much as he loved the blower, he decided to go back to stock because it wasn't worth the hassle.

sicboy
09-12-2005, 07:41 PM
A quick word of warning. I love the KB blowers, and the people there I have talked to are great, but if you have something wrong or need to get in touch with them, it can be very difficult. I have a buddy who's KB had to be rebuilt 4 times now, and he is beyond frustrated. As much as he loved the blower, he decided to go back to stock because it wasn't worth the hassle.
im sure there are stories like that about every type of mod. i hav only done 3 or so screw blowers and 1 centrifical (98 cobra vortec). mostly street but one champion winning autorotor on a harley. i vote for the autoroter.

Black Stallion
09-12-2005, 07:43 PM
If I was to get a supercharger it would a root/screw type, I love the whinning noise that they make. I hear Kenne Bells are real good.

My Cobra
09-12-2005, 09:35 PM
I love the whine that the blowers make. Does modularpowerhouse do roots style blowers all i see is the cent. type.

mysteed
09-12-2005, 09:39 PM
Yeah, they do anything (even my 6er, lol) but their site gives recomendations as to what they have seen works best (ex: a mongoose kit). Tims even gonna help install my M112 whenever the rest of the kit gets done. If you havent signed up for their forums, I encourage everyone (including the 6ers) to sign up. I have learned more from that site about modular stuff than I though even existed.

Roush2960
09-13-2005, 02:11 PM
I have a Kenne Bell. Although it's not the fastest blower in the world, I love the low-end torque. Check out the torque curve on my website. That thing'll throw anyone back in the seat hard.

KB here on 10 Psi. I just tell people to sit down pull out a fork cause I am serving up Torque.

I need a new dyno run to find new numbers with 10Psi. was 412 with 9Psi.

GotTorque
09-13-2005, 02:33 PM
I just tell people to sit down pull out a fork cause I am serving up Torque.
:devil: Classic Quote! :thumpupn:

My Cobra
09-13-2005, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the input. I am thinking of a kb. From what i understand you can run around 8 psi on the stock internals of a 99 cobra with out too much to worry about. Then again there are stories where peopel run 20 psi on stock because of a good tune but lets face it not all cars are freaks and i am not about to play the chance game with my slobra.