PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Radio - Anyone?

crimsonblack
09-09-2005, 02:40 PM
Anyone using Satellite Radio? What do you think? Sirius or XM? Most people I know with it are using XM and seem to enjoy it a lot. Looking for your responses. At 9.95 per month is it worth it.

02BlueStang
09-09-2005, 02:57 PM
my friend has XM in his Mach 1....he wouldnt trade it for the world :beerchug:

YaLeenVert
09-09-2005, 03:14 PM
My honey has XM and loves it. 1st year free with her 05 mfg installed system. XM has packages, cheaper than paying monthly.

Cloudy and rainy days are a problem much like satellite tv.

Wrench
09-09-2005, 03:31 PM
I have xm in my stang and in my wifes escape. It is well worth the money. Less then the cost of a cd, with no commercials, and anything you could ever want to listen to.

ChromaLusion
09-09-2005, 03:32 PM
I had XM in both my cars. I love it, MyCobra has it too.
XM= great rock channels Sirius= IDK but im sure they are ok
XM = OPIE & ANTHONY! Sirius= cock suckin howard stern who complains about Opie+Anthony

Just get XM!

306Stang
09-09-2005, 05:55 PM
sat is the only way to go
SIRIUS all the way, imo they have better channels and a better selection of music. and yes i have listened to both. commercials and static piss me off esp after hearing a good song then you hear 10 min of bs talking

09-09-2005, 06:11 PM
Got xm in my truck.. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

ChromaLusion
09-10-2005, 01:18 AM
XM on rainy/cloudy days arent bad at all. If you hit a dead zone it'll fizzle out for like 2 seconds. not bad at all. depends if ya live in the mtns or w/e, no damn commercials either. thank god. ya got all the news channels, fox-cnn etc. mtv-vh1- uncut channels.. and even playboy for the hornballs on the road. haha

My Cobra
09-10-2005, 06:30 AM
Go with xm. Look at the subscriber base between xm and everybody else. XM is the leader with almost 2 times as many subscribers. XM has all the baseball, weather, traffic o&a and i think it is aimed at the younger group of listners between 15 to 35 just what i think. I have xm. I have never had any trouble with rain or clouds. It does go out if you go threw a tunnel or in some car washes and if you live in bum fuzzle like we do then it goes out from time to time but only for a sec or two. xm is 11.99 a month but if you pay once a year it drops it down a lot. or you can pay for 5 years and it gets real low. check out the web sites look at reviews. This is a answer becuase i have xm. I have listened to sirious it is nice but not as nice as xm.

Cobra94
09-10-2005, 11:10 AM
yeah i got XM. i would go with XM. they have a better choice of radios to choose from than the other little doggie company.
As My Cobra was saying they have more than than twice the amount of Subscribers than the little doggie Co (sirruis), so that means more money spent on better programming.
I bought XM for Opie and Anthony on XM 202. http://www.opieandanthony.com/

No 1/2 hour commercials. plus its cheap. anyone can afford it. no reason to not even give it a try. buy it for the year and save even more. I dont even listen to regular radio any more.

one issue is since i live in New Engalnd, the satellite(S) are low in the horizon. in the summer tree foliage can block the signal for 1-2 sec bursts when driving on roads with trees blocking the sky.

you can try out XM programming -FREE- for 3 days using a valid Email address.
http://xmro.xmradio.com/xstream/registration/registration.jsp?userForward=default

crimsonblack
09-11-2005, 10:17 AM
THanks. I am leaning towards the XM system. They have the NFL package which I think is great. None of my friends or coworkers are using the other brand. Will likely get the model I can use inside or outside the car. I love sports talk radio.

Thanks.

stalker
09-16-2005, 09:48 AM
This is late I know. I have Sirius and wouldn't ever think of switching either away from Sattellite (espeically since I paid the liftetime membership) or to XM. Sirius has all the NFL games, all college games everything sports related. That and if you like Howard Stern, he's transferring there. Eminem has his own radio station as well on Sirius. Both systems are good, but I prefer the people on Sirius.