PDA

View Full Version : New from Illinois

03torchredcobra
12-04-2004, 09:49 AM
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/6411/stang.jpg
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/6411/stang2.jpg

My wife and I own two stangs. Mine is the 03 torch red anniversary Cobra convertible and my owns a 91 GT hatch.

I have been doing many performance mods to both. I will have to keep everyone informed of the mods as they are added. I just can't stop adding power to both cars. May have to come live with one of you guys if I have to sell the house to pay for all the debts these two cars are putting me in.

Great site and I will come often.

I go by the name Torch. :smack:

My Cobra
12-04-2004, 10:25 AM
sounds good. I think we all fall in to that catagory where we need to move out to pay for mods. lol but welcome. I am new here too.

stalkerbabe
12-04-2004, 10:44 AM
welcome your cars are awesome

J
12-04-2004, 10:47 AM
hey man welcome to the site... upload pics to your website!

http://www.gotstang.com/help.php

thumpin347
12-04-2004, 11:14 AM
way to ruin a 10th anniv. cobra with that snow plow body kit :gay: fox looks good except for the rims

of course this is my opinion, and they are your cars and your money

J
12-04-2004, 11:23 AM
way to ruin a 10th anniv. cobra with that snow plow body kit :gay: fox looks good except for the rims

of course this is my opinion, and they are your cars and your money

Thumpin go easy man, to each his own...

thumpin347
12-04-2004, 11:33 AM
Thumpin go easy man, to each his own...
sorry J...i know to each their own...as i said his car, his money...i guess it just boils down to him having an anniversary cobra and a fox, and i just have my fox

J
12-04-2004, 11:39 AM
lol I hear ya... I really didnt like that body kit much till I saw hmong's...

SDRMustang1
12-04-2004, 12:29 PM
lol I hear ya... I really didnt like that body kit much till I saw hmong's...
There are certain cars that can pull it off and ones that cant...Welcome to the site, dont be a stranger!!

thumpin347
12-04-2004, 01:34 PM
There are certain cars that can pull it off and ones that cant...Welcome to the site, dont be a stranger!!
no mustang can pull it off...i dont think any car can pull that off since the import trend has gone from outrageous to clean, JDM fronts, like the jdm integra swaps and silvia swaps. i dont think optimus prime can pull that off :nya: once again, my opinion man...i love 03 anniversaries! those black widow types arent really my thing but different strokes for different folks...

anyway, welcome to the site...stop by fordpower.net/forums and come check us out as well

Joe Friday
12-04-2004, 01:59 PM
no mustang can pull it off...

from the guy with a kit him self... :D

thumpin347
12-04-2004, 02:23 PM
from the guy with a kit him self... :D
AHAHAHAHA, c'mon now...all it is, is a GT bumper accentuated a bit more by the fog openings and a cobra grill integrated into the bumper

My Cobra
12-04-2004, 02:35 PM
LOL i do not care much for it but a lot of peopel do not care for my paint so who cares as long as you like it and do not feel like a dork when you drive it.

thumpin347
12-04-2004, 02:39 PM
LOL i do not care much for it but a lot of peopel do not care for my paint so who cares as long as you like it and do not feel like a dork when you drive it.
car looks pretty good...you should move the wing back and let the back of the pedestals mount flush with the trunk. just something to consider

BruntzySVT
12-04-2004, 03:06 PM
O man, the last 03 cobra I saw with the Black Widow body kit, well it was sitting in a speedshop after hitting a wall doing 120! All banged up body kit destroyed like it should be! no offense just keep those for regular mustangs not cars that could be collector peices!

BruntzySVT
12-04-2004, 03:09 PM
EDIT: Also, i just saw that you have a Whipple or it is in your sig at least? lol the guy that hit the wall had just swapped with a KB blower with a 150 shot and the day before he totalled it he hit over 650 on the shot! One of his rims was shattered like glass..the other two i was going to steal but did not!

thumpin347
12-04-2004, 03:17 PM
O man, the last 03 cobra I saw with the Black Widow body kit, well it was sitting in a speedshop after hitting a wall doing 120! All banged up body kit destroyed like it should be! no offense just keep those for regular mustangs not cars that could be collector peices!
cobras and 10th anniversaries will not be collector pieces...trust me on that. no ford these days will become collectors cars with the exception of the R models

BruntzySVT
12-04-2004, 03:21 PM
cobras and 10th anniversaries will not be collector pieces...trust me on that. no ford these days will become collectors cars with the exception of the R models
well you still shouldnt put a bw kit on a cobra! i had one on my v6 so yes i like them but not a cobra! U better agree thumpin! :wow:

thumpin347
12-04-2004, 07:56 PM
well you still shouldnt put a bw kit on a cobra! i had one on my v6 so yes i like them but not a cobra! U better agree thumpin! :wow:
they dont belong on sixxers either...the size of the engine does not determine whether a rice body kit should get thrown on a car with muscle heritage

J
12-04-2004, 07:57 PM
they dont belong on sixxers either...the size of the engine does not determine whether a rice body kit should get thrown on a car with muscle heritage
thumpin! yer an ass... LOL

redpony
12-04-2004, 10:52 PM
Where abouts in Illinois ?

Hmongstang
12-04-2004, 10:57 PM
03torchredcobra, welcome to the site bro and ignore those stupid comments.

thumpin347
12-04-2004, 11:16 PM
i cant post opinions?

BruntzySVT
12-05-2004, 02:41 AM
Lol they are not stupid once again i like the kit alot its just a shame to put one on a cobra...not dissing it it does look nice its just the stock body parts look great!

jbarr668
12-05-2004, 07:38 AM
Welcome to the site.

_eazy_
12-05-2004, 10:30 AM
lol, he hasn't posted in awhile.... good job thumpin :ranting:

welcome to the site bro... badass mustangs

03torchredcobra
12-05-2004, 01:04 PM
Thanks for all the comments good and bad. I kept all my stock stuff for the 03 so if I decide to go back for certain parts I can. However, as long as the power can back up the looks not much can be said. I am sitting at 572 rwhp and that is only because I have maxed out the air meter and till I get the SCT MAF I will stay at that.

I live in Bloomington. I was not the guy who hit the wall, however I did slide sideways a bit on my first run down a 1/4 mile track. I have only ran the 1320 one day for four times. My times are terrible but I did hit 121 mph so I know once I get everything supported properly and put the Hoosier slicks on, I will be doing some good times.

Just got my DSS level 5 half shafts, driveshaft hoop and I am having a guy make an 8 point roll bar for safety. Then I will be ready for the slicks.

Oh yes, Thumpin you have a right to your opinion and feel free to express it. I have been around long enough to handle about anything thrown at me. At least I got more than just "nice car" which is why we have these forums in the first place.

I hope to come often and look forward to your comments. Will have to post some pics. Thanks to Mustang Love for the info on posting pics. Maybe I will convert someone to try something different with some pics.

Torch

thumpin347
12-05-2004, 01:20 PM
have you considered going with a solid axle? alot of guys making less power than you are breaking half shafts left and right on drag radials, and opt for a solid axle swap. anyway, great work with the car in terms of power...it'd be interesting to see it hit 10s once you get the bugs worked out...thats quite a trap speed. good luck with it...man i love the anniversary interiors

03torchredcobra
12-05-2004, 01:33 PM
have you considered going with a solid axle? alot of guys making less power than you are breaking half shafts left and right on drag radials, and opt for a solid axle swap. anyway, great work with the car in terms of power...it'd be interesting to see it hit 10s once you get the bugs worked out...thats quite a trap speed. good luck with it...man i love the anniversary interiors
Thumpin, I considered going with a live axle but since I only race once in awhile and because it is a convertible it will never compete with the big boys. I do it ofr the thrill. The half shafts I bought are warranted for a year for up to 900 rwhp and that is more than I will ever need.

If I can't get rid of the wheel hop at some point I will do the live axle switch but going to give the IRS a chance first. I do alot more highway driving than racing so want the IRS for its good features.

Torch

Hmongstang
12-05-2004, 02:26 PM
wow!!! 572RWHP, thats a beast

redpony
12-05-2004, 10:04 PM
Thanks for all the comments good and bad. I kept all my stock stuff for the 03 so if I decide to go back for certain parts I can. However, as long as the power can back up the looks not much can be said. I am sitting at 572 rwhp and that is only because I have maxed out the air meter and till I get the SCT MAF I will stay at that.

I live in Bloomington. I was not the guy who hit the wall, however I did slide sideways a bit on my first run down a 1/4 mile track. I have only ran the 1320 one day for four times. My times are terrible but I did hit 121 mph so I know once I get everything supported properly and put the Hoosier slicks on, I will be doing some good times.

Just got my DSS level 5 half shafts, driveshaft hoop and I am having a guy make an 8 point roll bar for safety. Then I will be ready for the slicks.

Oh yes, Thumpin you have a right to your opinion and feel free to express it. I have been around long enough to handle about anything thrown at me. At least I got more than just "nice car" which is why we have these forums in the first place.

I hope to come often and look forward to your comments. Will have to post some pics. Thanks to Mustang Love for the info on posting pics. Maybe I will convert someone to try something different with some pics.

Torch
Hey Torch, redpony here and I was born and grew up in Clinton, Ill.

03torchredcobra
12-06-2004, 04:23 PM
Hey Torch, redpony here and I was born and grew up in Clinton, Ill.
Redpony nice to meet you. I bought mine from Anderson last year. Went down to their dyno day this year and blew everyone away in the supercharger class. I think they know that my warranty does not apply.

I didn't buy the car for the warranty, I bought it for the power.