PDA

View Full Version : WTF GAS PRICES?

REEF93
08-31-2005, 05:25 PM
:cussing: GAS JUST HIT 3 DOLLARS A GALLON HERE FOR REGULAR, >owned< :bs: IM JUST WONDERING WHAT ITS LIKE IN THE REST OF THE NATION, IM SURE ITS HIGHER IN OTHER PLACES , POST UP WHAT IT IS IN YOUR HOMETOWN, AND MAYBE IT WILL MAKE ME FEEL A LITTLE BETTER,,,,,LOL

luvmystang
08-31-2005, 05:37 PM
Gas prices here are still under 3 dollars but not very much

Hmongstang
08-31-2005, 05:39 PM
5.65 a gallon down here

Black Stallion
08-31-2005, 05:41 PM
2.67 regular here

speedyhank
08-31-2005, 05:45 PM
2.81 here

coopdog21
08-31-2005, 05:49 PM
3.19 regular :nutkick:

johnnysstang
08-31-2005, 06:29 PM
2.88 a gallon regular....

93ramvert
08-31-2005, 06:43 PM
Bitch Bitch Bitch, Try being on of the thousands of people in New Orleans, or MS be happy you can go and get gas

auriansmustang
08-31-2005, 06:59 PM

1nasty96
08-31-2005, 07:02 PM
:nailbite: 3.19 in greenwood S.C

04redmach1
08-31-2005, 07:08 PM
5.87 for reg in Atlanta. Some store going over $6. :cussing: :cussing:
No not a typo either

lex
08-31-2005, 07:13 PM
If us Canadians went by Gallons instead of litres with would be over 3 for sure now

Stang Gurl
08-31-2005, 07:19 PM
No not a typo either
How are they allowed to do that? That is taking advantage of a situation IMO.

08-31-2005, 07:21 PM
Bitch Bitch Bitch, Try being on of the thousands of people in New Orleans, or MS be happy you can go and get gas

Well said.. :beerchug: All I've heard all day, I work as a mechanic, at the shop every time a customer walked in the door was how high gas was. It gets old quickly!! So next time you all leave your nice home and get in your nice mustang, and stop to fill up think about the people in Louisiana or Mississippi who have no home, or car left let alone a place to go get gas... I shall step off my soap box now.

J
08-31-2005, 07:26 PM
I just wanna say thanks for putting it into perspective.

HerNastyNotch
08-31-2005, 07:26 PM
3.09 for premium here (sorry, I don't even pay attention to regular prices... got boost=93 octane)

REEF93
08-31-2005, 08:14 PM
WELL FIRST OFF LET ME APOLOGIZE FOR BEING INSENSITIVE IN MY POST, I SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT THE PEOPLE IN NEW ORLEANS A LITTLE MORE BEFORE I POSTED, BUT I DIDNT AND THAT WAS WRONG, I WAS JUST CAUGHT BY SURPRISE HERE AT HOME WHEN IT JUMPED 60 CENT IN A DAY, AND WAS JUST TRYING TO VENT A LITTLE :thanks:

J
08-31-2005, 08:17 PM
WELL FIRST OFF LET ME APOLOGIZE FOR BEING INSENSITIVE IN MY POST, I SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT THE PEOPLE IN NEW ORLEANS A LITTLE MORE BEFORE I POSTED, BUT I DIDNT AND THAT WAS WRONG, I WAS JUST CAUGHT BY SURPRISE HERE AT HOME WHEN IT JUMPED 60 CENT IN A DAY, AND WAS JUST TRYING TO VENT A LITTLE :thanks:
Its all good REEF... I didnt even stop and think about it until ram said something lol

hmongstangjr
08-31-2005, 08:35 PM
i took the bus to school today! it was a pain in the rear when you have to wait many hours for the freaken bus when it usually takes me 15minutes in the stang to get to school.

Central Valley CA gas price is $3.02 for regular

hrsepwrbrat
08-31-2005, 10:06 PM
South Louisiana (not New Orleans) was $2.71 when I went to work this morning, jumped to $2.89 on the way home. Who knows what it'll be tomorrow. But I have a car and a home and a job, so I don't really care about the gas, just hoping New Orleans and Biloxi and all those people hard hit can get back on their feet quickly...

Edit: except for the looters and people shooting at the people trying to help them! Those :censored: can just drown!

Snake
09-01-2005, 02:59 AM
US gallon =$4.01 and higher in BC Canada
liter is $1.06 and 3.78 liters to one US Gal.
Do the Math.

prttychromektty
09-01-2005, 06:09 AM
Regular hit $2.99 at around 1 am here. A bunch of people left work on break to get it, rumor was its going to be up at least 30 cents by noon and over $5.00 by the weekend!!

93ramvert
09-01-2005, 10:48 AM

No worries man, I quess what pisses me off is we're paying for this hurricane to, not anywhere near what those in New Orleans, or MS even Alabama. The Oil companies, or at least the gas stations are most def. taking advantage of this. What happens when a barrel goes up by a few dollars, usually it will take close to a week before it hits the pumps, Hurricane went thru Sat. as soon as the media started talking about how the rigs were hit hard, the prices went up. Tues. morning I paid $2.54 for Reg. (5 cents off on Tues.) by 5:00 at the same gas station I paid $2.69 for reg. Today prices are $3.15 for reg., now take this into consideration I go by about 6 gas stations on my way to work first one was $3.11, second one about 3 miles down the road was $3.15, now 5 miles down the road from that, it was $2.79, about 40 yards from there back to $3.00. How and why does this happen, We're getting screwed that's why. It's BS and there's nothing anyone will do about it. I see prices going even higher before this is over. The reserves need to get released, but the gas stations need to F'n lower the prices.

HerNastyNotch
09-01-2005, 11:03 AM
I heard them say that the gas station owners raise prices in anticipation of higher fuel costs with their subsequent deliveries of fuel so they aren't putting out any of their own money. They make their estimated (read inflated) profit before they've even taken delivery of the higher priced goods. We pay next week's fuel costs this week. I am sure they aren't so quick to pass on decreases in cost.

Black Stallion
09-01-2005, 11:06 AM
Last night coming back, I drove past a gas station, and he was changing the sign. That morning it was $2.67, he changed it to $2.89. I think thats terrible how the oil companies are using a disaster to make a few more dollars.

RedTwilight
09-01-2005, 02:38 PM
I just got back from getting gas. It was 3.19/gallon for Premium. They told me I just got lucky because they were out there changing the price as I was paying the cashier. They said it was going up to 3.39/gallon :nailbite: for premium. That same station also sells race fuel. The prices of the race fuel (whether it's 100 oct. or 112 oc. or c16) never changed one bit.
Before long we might as well be buying 100 octane. :wow: So time to break out the forced induction. lol :devil:

ClintEastwood
09-01-2005, 02:57 PM
$2.99 in winona, minnesota, for regular....i got pissed off at the world after i read that. I mean, i was instantly in a bad mood.

Roush2960
09-01-2005, 03:39 PM
No not a typo either

Thats just $$ gouging.

only 2.99 (round about)here in San Jose,CA

speedyhank
09-01-2005, 04:32 PM
it hit 3.00 here today

ChromaLusion
09-01-2005, 05:12 PM
Franklin here we got quite a few gas stations. HOT SPOT --- cheapest & crappy gas was just below $3 for reg as well as other stations. Now they are about 3.10 for reg. & 3.30ish for high test... Each station has a different price but there has been an insane amount of cars at each station. Lines backing up traffic just to get whats allowed $5 per car at some stations. Alot are shut down & have no gas, no diesel, nothing. My car takes Regular but if i needed to it can take mid-grade or whatever but it'll knock loud as hell. Our other cars all take high test, tbird & bmw's but at least I got just under a full tank from the other day I went before this media scare bullshit. The prices went higher in the next town up to $4 something for reg. It's rediculous how prices are slowly moving up each day. it'll be 2 weeks for ppl can fill up again when the new tankers get here. Everybody is buying those new caps for their gas tanks where you can lock it, People stealin others gas now. Luckily some cars already have those. It's not too bad in other places,,, gas price wise. people are takin advangtage of the hurrican situation.

Joe Friday
09-01-2005, 05:17 PM
3.19 for 87 here in louisville. 3.39 for 93 as of last night

crimsonblack
09-01-2005, 06:10 PM
$3+ here in Vegas. Everytime someone bitches you can't throw out New Orleans. Might as well mention 9/11 and the devastation there. We all complain in our lives. It's only natural.

luvmystang
09-01-2005, 06:10 PM
Today it cost me 38.00 to fill up my car and it was at right below a quater tank

02BlueStang
09-01-2005, 06:24 PM
2.81 here in WA...hasnt changed at all really....im waiting for the hike though :(

mustangfreak123
09-02-2005, 12:44 AM
about $2.80 around central Alabama, the southern portion of the state is almost bone dry :ranting:

93ramvert
09-02-2005, 08:45 AM
$3+ here in Vegas. Everytime someone bitches you can't throw out New Orleans. Might as well mention 9/11 and the devastation there. We all complain in our lives. It's only natural.

Ya o.k. My point wasn't to throw it out there, to make people feel bad, But gad damn, think for one minute how lucky you are. Again complain about something worth complaining about. Lets talk about a simple cup of coffe that you may buy on the way to work. Here in MA/CT area, 1.79 for a 14oz coffee, breaks down to about .128 cents per ounce. That's 16.37 a gallon, Does anyone complain about that, No why because you want that coffee, and it helps that you don't need to put 15 gallons in your gut, (Unless of your J sitting on the Toilet all day eating and drinking). Let's complain that it's taken way to F'n long for the Gov. to respond to New Orleans, Let's complain about our Gov. being pussies and not doing what it's really going to take to clean up Irag, Let's complain that we've got more cops wasting more time on Drugs then actually spending time on real criminals, Legalize Pot finally would yeah, stop overcrowding in the jails, Drug pushers get stiffer penalities then little boy diddlers, F'n complain about that.

wildthing
09-02-2005, 08:59 AM
it was 3.19 for 87 yesterday afternoon i hate to go out today to see what it is

Stang Girl
09-02-2005, 09:14 AM
It's $2.79 at my local convenience store down the street as of this morning. Prices are varying greatly between Bastrop and Austin. (Bastrop is 30 miles east of Austin.) Austin prices are ranging from $2.69 to over $3 depending on what areas you are in.

My friend is the manager of the convenience store and she has been told, by corporate, to check her emails frequently during the day for any changes. I believe on Monday she was told that it could've jumped as high as .40 cents that day. Only jumped 19 cents, but that still is crazy.

I travel for work and my mileage reimbursement isn't covering these gas prices...makes it hard to even go to work. Get up in the morning and think, is it cheaper to stay home today or go to work...

02BlueStang
09-02-2005, 11:04 AM
gas stations that are price gouging need to be taken to court and fined for trying to profit off of a natural disaster and peoples suffering.....Any station selling gas for more than 3.50 a gallon or so should fined heavily.......regardless of trying to make money, all gas companies are still making record breaking earnings, I think they could afford to cut back on their earnings for the sake of helping fellow Americans...greedy bastards

93ramvert
09-02-2005, 11:11 AM
gas stations that are price gouging need to be taken to court and fined for trying to profit off of a natural disaster and peoples suffering.....Any station selling gas for more than 3.50 a gallon or so should fined heavily.......regardless of trying to make money, all gas companies are still making record breaking earnings, I think they could afford to cut back on their earnings for the sake of helping fellow Americans...greedy bastards

Not only that but they are paying less than 4% in taxes - equivalent to someone earning about $5000 a year. The Oil companies are profiting 4.8 Billion a year at least.

prttychromektty
09-02-2005, 12:56 PM

Arn't they buying the gas at a higher price now? I assumed thats why they are selling it for more, despite the high price if they are going to stay in business they need to profit too. Its $3.39 for reg here now.

There were rumors around here last night that a big trucking co. based out of the area was going on strike because of prices...I didn't see where diesel went up alot though, is it anywhere else?

lex
09-02-2005, 01:35 PM
Thank god I drive a stick and V6. or I would have to sell my car (if it was a GT)

Stang Girl
09-02-2005, 02:47 PM
Thank god I drive a stick and V6. or I would have to sell my car (if it was a GT)

Depends on how you drive...just got 26.5 mpg with my GT with a stick. Use cruise control a lot. Seems to help the mileage quite a bit. :thumpupn:

02BlueStang
09-03-2005, 12:52 AM
Arn't they buying the gas at a higher price now? I assumed thats why they are selling it for more, despite the high price if they are going to stay in business they need to profit too. Its $3.39 for reg here now.

There were rumors around here last night that a big trucking co. based out of the area was going on strike because of prices...I didn't see where diesel went up alot though, is it anywhere else?

Prices are higher because there is less production in the area.....it doesnt mean that they are not turning a HUGE profit still.....by keeping prices what they were at before the storm they would still be making RECORD BREAKING profits for the year....all they are doing is adding some more padding to their wallet at the expense of a natural disaster......They are still turning a profit, but by raising prices they are just turning a bigger one then if they had left them alone...American Capitalism at its worst, profiting off people in need to put another ferrari in the garage and better oneself life

spiffy
09-03-2005, 08:45 AM
3.04 for reg last time i chacked

syscokid
09-03-2005, 10:08 AM
$3.19 for regular, $3.35 for premium here in Tulsa. Needless to say the mustang has been parked in the garage all week.

spiffy
09-03-2005, 10:42 AM
3.49 for reg now here at some places

95mustang302
09-03-2005, 11:42 AM
$2.90 something here for the 87

Stang Girl
09-05-2005, 04:03 PM
I paid $2.88 this morning. My usual place is up to $3.00. Austin is running primarily around the $2.89 mark. (BTW, got 30 mpg on my last tank. :thumpupn: )

SVO
09-05-2005, 04:32 PM
(BTW, got 30 mpg on my last tank. :thumpupn: )

http://forums.gotstang.com/images/smilies/thanks.gif

Gas is so high, that I have gone to "Selective Days" when I drive to the office, if I feel there isn't enough to do then I stay at home and get things done around the house or work on side jobs.
I don't see the need to goto work if half of what I'm doing is waiting on parts, I can order them from home and have them waiting on me when I finaly decide to go in.
It's 124 mile round trip to work and back, at 12mpg, I'll find better tings to do than go in for only a half days worth of work, I have sid work that pays better than that.

02BlueStang
09-05-2005, 09:44 PM
2.92 regular...I just paid 3.02 for 89 octane though

MysticCobraGirl
09-06-2005, 07:29 AM
3.29 For premium here in the Clearwater/Tampa Bay Florida area.

I have seen regular (89) for 3.39 in some areas!

J
09-06-2005, 09:46 AM
Gas came down a bit for me... 3.19 for premium... as opposed to 3.40 the other day

SVO
09-06-2005, 10:41 AM
As you will also notice driving around town, look at the prices of used econo-box cars (Hondas, Mazdas, ETC) you will notice the price of them jumped as well.
I noticed that one car lot on my way to work had a fuel miser last week for little over a $1k and now today it was maked up to $2950.
This crap is all coming full circle, except for our pay rates. :ranting:

ClintEastwood
09-07-2005, 02:31 PM
i just saw something interesting in the paper today...

Average price for gas in Wisconsin: $3.04 per gallon
Average price for gas in Louisiana: $2.74 per gallon.

Shouldnt that be reversed?....Louisiana has the lowest price per gallon in the nation, but the northern states have the highest? We didnt get hit by a hurricane

EddieGT
09-07-2005, 04:46 PM
i just saw something interesting in the paper today...

Average price for gas in Wisconsin: $3.04 per gallon
Average price for gas in Louisiana: $2.74 per gallon.

Shouldnt that be reversed?....Louisiana has the lowest price per gallon in the nation, but the northern states have the highest? We didnt get hit by a hurricane
Their gas mixture is mixed with sewer water... Hence the discount. :lol: