PDA

View Full Version : Stalker SS Inserts?

02BlueStang
08-30-2005, 12:23 AM
Well since I decided against getting a Saleen bumper simply because of their customer service and quality among other things....But another reason was that I love the look of the SS inserts on the bumper and if I had gone with a Saleen bumper I would have had the letters filled simply because mine is a V6 and not a Saleen....

My question lies with this, I like the look of the Stalker bumper but also the fact that it says "STALKER" on it but am unable to find any Stainless Steel inserts that are made for the bumper...I know J has a stalker bumper along with some other people, do any of you have SS inserts and if not does anyone know if I can even get a set for the stalker bumper?

I plan on going with a Stalker bumper and Razzi Side skirts most likely

J
08-30-2005, 08:10 AM
You copy cat! lol

coreyjo
08-30-2005, 08:29 AM
Just my opinion, but I do not like the letter inserts for bumpers. I don't need to be a rolling billboard.

CODY2003
08-30-2005, 08:48 AM
you will probably have to have them made for you. I have seen the vinyl ones but not the stainless ones.

J
08-30-2005, 09:19 AM
Mine are painted

J
08-30-2005, 09:22 AM
http://www.mrbodykit.com/bodykits/99mustang.htm on this site there is a saleen rear bumper with the shit already filled in.

stalker
08-30-2005, 10:25 AM
where did you get yours done at J?

J
08-30-2005, 10:27 AM
my uncle painted my bumper, he did it.

02BlueStang
08-30-2005, 10:33 AM
interesting, they now offer it in Urathane, before it was only Fiberglass....I wonder what the fitment is like though, anyone ever order from them?

Scott 01Cobra
08-30-2005, 10:53 AM
The reason we do not make them is because there really is no demand for them. Not only that but I would need to create the artwork for them which is a bit of a PITA.

I do a TON of custom work but I make the customer create the art in CAD then I convert it to a file that the Laser reads.

I could cut STALKER no problem but I would need a file created - I wouldn't want to do it myself like I did for all the other letters I sell.

I could prolly direct you to a ton of guys that would do it in vinyl but if you want Stainless it wil have to be custom.

I undertand why you wanted to fil the saleen bumper. I did the same on my Cobra. Didn't want it to say Saleen - so I had mine filed when painted.

Let me know if I can help you in any way - At least I DO my own work and don't just order letters from someone else.

J
08-30-2005, 11:08 AM
LOL believe it or not people ask if my car is a saleen.. even though it says stalker in white right on the back........ coo coo

RedTwilight
08-31-2005, 03:35 PM
Scott- If I drew up some custom letters for my Cobra would you be able to make a set of inserts. e-mail me with what you would require also a price for what it may cost. my e-mail is RedTwilightZero@aol.com
Thanks