PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP FAST W/STANG!!!! PLEASE READ!!!

StangLord
08-21-2005, 07:07 PM
I have a 2003 Ford Mustang V6 manual, the problem that I'm having is this:

1. Whenever I'm driving and shifting gears I sometimes can't shift into any of the other gears? I push in the clutch and try to move it into a gear but it feels like it's blocked?

2. Sometimes when I'm at a stoplight and it turns green, I put the car into first gear and press the gas. The problem is that the car doesn't move but I can hear and see the engine rev up???

3. Sometimes when I'm stopped and I put the car in neutral is cuts off like it's in a gear, but I clearly have it in neutral?

4. Last problem, the reverse lights stay on ALL THE TIME, even when I'm driving????

Do you have any idea what is wrong with my car? Thanks for the help, everyone goodbye. Vince

1nasty96
08-21-2005, 09:00 PM
there is something seriously wrong with your tranny??? Take it to the dealership if its still under warranty.

auriansmustang
08-21-2005, 09:02 PM
wow, that's odd....??? i've never hard that happen before

Cobra67
08-24-2005, 07:48 AM
You first need to check the fluid level in the transmision. It is probably low and will cause shifting problems, if it gets too low it will burn up the transmission and get stuck in gear. It also sounds like a clutch problem too. You will most likely need to have the clutch disc, pressure plate and throw out bearing replaced. Do you work on it yourself or take to a garage? Let me know I will talk you through the repairs if needed. :nxnos: :gso: :gso: :nxnos:

Nicoleb3x3
09-10-2005, 10:45 AM
new car than I've ever owned...but

I had an 88 Daytona that did weird stuff...2nd gear was 3rd.. hard to put it into 1st from neutral somtimes...totally f-d up...

it was the linkage.
was an easy fix for my Dad...fixed it in 20 mins with a pc of aluminum. (I was 16 and was my first car)

crimsonblack
09-17-2005, 05:17 PM
It could be the synchronizer or something like that. When you push the clutch in the there's a sync process that allows the shift or something like that. You need to take the vehicle in for service. Had this problem with an AMC four speed.