PDA

View Full Version : Zo6

Hmongstang
12-02-2004, 07:51 PM
http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/112z06blackvettelowered2.jpg

it apparently is true that the new Z06 will sport 500hp and 475lb/ft of torque, 12" wide rear tires, a dry sump oiling system(isn't that cool?), portions of the frame built from magnesium and not aluminum which many speculated, run flat tires(boo), and apparently will offer a choice of interiors

BruntzySVT
12-02-2004, 09:13 PM
ehh thats weak!

Joe Friday
12-02-2004, 09:15 PM
yeah... right... those ls7 sure are going to suck... with over 500 hp N/A....

oh wait... you're wrong. :ugh2:

01GTType
12-02-2004, 09:28 PM
I saw one today on teh freeway... they look sooo sweet! It was the normal 05 C6 though.

232stang
12-02-2004, 09:42 PM
ehh thats weak!
you have got to be kidding me

BruntzySVT
12-02-2004, 09:46 PM
you have got to be kidding me
our members have a problem with sarcasm...lol no but the old ls1 motors are overrated and dont make me bust into my reasons why!

NoSlo5.0
12-02-2004, 10:05 PM
I wouldn't say the old LS1's were overrated, not literally. They produced plenty of power on the dyno. However, it takes a bunch of power to make a big difference in a 1/4 mile race. A couple of tenths may make the difference between a win and a loss, but a couple of car lengths doesn't look like much to the casual observer.

Most of the "speed" contests I see are from 0-45mph on main street...That's where torque rules the roost. A built 347 trumps a blown 281 easily in that arena. I guess the point is, we'll all reach a point where more power won't make a difference on the street, you'll have to loose weight and pay for the parts that get you traction instead (if you want to go any quicker in that 0-45 race between stoplights).

The vette looks slick, bring it on...

BruntzySVT
12-02-2004, 10:26 PM
I wouldn't say the old LS1's were overrated, not literally. They produced plenty of power on the dyno. However, it takes a bunch of power to make a big difference in a 1/4 mile race. A couple of tenths may make the difference between a win and a loss, but a couple of car lengths doesn't look like much to the casual observer.

Most of the "speed" contests I see are from 0-45mph on main street...That's where torque rules the roost. A built 347 trumps a blown 281 easily in that arena. I guess the point is, we'll all reach a point where more power won't make a difference on the street, you'll have to loose weight and pay for the parts that get you traction instead (if you want to go any quicker in that 0-45 race between stoplights).

The vette looks slick, bring it on...

ive seen a 99 cobra put out the same hp if not a lil more then a ls1 both stock....whats that say about a 4.6 vs 5.7

NoSlo5.0
12-03-2004, 08:29 PM
Says the torque curves don't look even a little bit similar? Says the larger displacement motor has a torque curve as broad and as flat as a medieval dining table? I'm not into bashing Fords, blue oval blood through and through here. Peak power doesn't mean shit, the area under the curve is what counts. Torque is what moves a car. The LS1 turns out more where it counts, that's all.

Does ANYONE on this board know how to turn a wrench "all by themselves"?

Laguna Seca R
12-03-2004, 09:49 PM
Agreed... and I'm only a novice. No replacement for displacement. :clap: :thanks:

Says the torque curves don't look even a little bit similar? Says the larger displacement motor has a torque curve as broad and as flat as a medieval dining table? I'm not into bashing Fords, blue oval blood through and through here. Peak power doesn't mean shit, the area under the curve is what counts. Torque is what moves a car. The LS1 turns out more where it counts, that's all.

BruntzySVT
12-04-2004, 02:42 AM

But stock for stock i believe the 4.6DOHC engine is better then a stock LS1 i know the ls1 has way more potential but the ls1 should have came with more power and torque off the showroom floor :ranting:

thumpin347
12-04-2004, 01:38 PM
But stock for stock i believe the 4.6DOHC engine is better then a stock LS1 i know the ls1 has way more potential but the ls1 should have came with more power and torque off the showroom floor :ranting:
LS1s own any mod motor ford has put out.

GM purposely under rated the LS1 in their camaro and firebird so the corvette will remain the big dog in terms of horsepower.

SDRMustang1
12-04-2004, 01:41 PM
LS1s own any mod motor ford has put out.

GM purposely under rated the LS1 in their camaro and firebird so the corvette will remain the big dog in terms of horsepower.
Thats for sure, when Shelby was teaming up with oldsmobile to provide the engines for the Series 1 project, they wanted to use some components from the corvette cause they were perfect for the project but GM wouldnt let them get near it!!

Joe Friday
12-04-2004, 01:56 PM

and thats why we get pulled on by the big bad SS's and Z28's all day long. Not to say the 4.6 SOCH or DOHC motor isn't an excellent power plant, it is. But it can't compete to well with 1.1 L of extra boom boom room. now you strap a blower on top of your doch and it's a diffrent story :D

BruntzySVT
12-04-2004, 02:11 PM
and thats why we get pulled on by the big bad SS's and Z28's all day long. Not to say the 4.6 SOCH or DOHC motor isn't an excellent power plant, it is. But it can't compete to well with 1.1 L of extra boom boom room. now you strap a blower on top of your doch and it's a diffrent story :D
Actually i beg to differ...they had a newer c5 ls1 vett at speedtek when i was getting dynod and with a 11psi Procharger application barely pushing over 400...i think i dynod at more hp then him with my fipk but he still has the weight on me so he'd beat me easily but i was still amazed he did not get any bigger gains!

thumpin347
12-04-2004, 02:27 PM
Actually i beg to differ...they had a newer c5 ls1 vett at speedtek when i was getting dynod and with a 11psi Procharger application barely pushing over 400...i think i dynod at more hp then him with my fipk but he still has the weight on me so he'd beat me easily but i was still amazed he did not get any bigger gains!
thats what a shitty tune will do to any motor...get a conservative tune on the car, and that c5 will push 450 at the wheels easy, an aggressive tune could see more.

BruntzySVT
12-04-2004, 02:37 PM
thats what a shitty tune will do to any motor...get a conservative tune on the car, and that c5 will push 450 at the wheels easy, an aggressive tune could see more.
I duno how the tune went but these guys specialize in F-bodies so im sure it was a good tune...! Im just not a chebby person! :lol: I hate my brothers camaro...o god they are so uncomfortable ...with the mustangs everything just clicks!

NoSlo5.0
12-04-2004, 02:47 PM

You gotta be careful there. If I set your a/f ratio to 10.5:1 at WOT, you'd be struggling to make 275rwhp, that guy might have had a crappy tune or faulty ignition. Hell, he could have been making so much power that his clutch was slipping badly. Any which way you slice it, his car was broken...

Besides, we're talking n/a LS1 vs. n/a DOHC/SOHC engines. The only point that I don't really think is arguable is that a 320hp rated DOHC will not beat a 320hp LS1 in a speed contest, the LS1 has too much torque to offer when it matters. Get that DOHC some 4.10's and keep the revs high in the band and it might hang, but it won't win.

Here's the real deal, the differences are small enough that nine times out of ten, the winner won't be determined by the car's ability, but the driver's. I make well over 400hp, but if a friggin Grand Prix catches me sleeping, he will have appeared to win the 0-45mph race. I'd still have him by 25-30 car lengths at the strip, but that doesn't matter at the time does it?

Besides, your shortblock is built like a brick shithouse, get yourself a teeny weeny blower pulley, a tune, and tell us all to shut the hell up!

04redmach1
12-04-2004, 02:48 PM
Dude chevy is a BIG POS!! Let me say like this: The GTO is 350 hp. Why does my 305 mach whoop its a$$. The 03 vette is rated hell i dont know what its rated but i beat it too and that was stock. So whats the deal with the squirrels in a wheel. Cuz thats all chevy has in a motor. Ive got 4 seats less hp and more comfee ride than a vette. not to say its couple thousand cheaper.. I believe a lil kid will see which is better all around. and a SS stands for super $hit cuz thats all that is. Man I love my mach bwahahaha. poor lil chevy. and i give a swift kick in the nuts to GM :nutkick: :whip: :jerkit:

NoSlo5.0
12-04-2004, 02:53 PM
Go to the track and line up against a real driver...Your Mach, although respectable, will get spanked.

thumpin347
12-04-2004, 02:54 PM
Dude chevy is a BIG POS!! Let me say like this: The GTO is 350 hp. Why does my 305 mach whoop its a$$. The 03 vette is rated hell i dont know what its rated but i beat it too and that was stock. So whats the deal with the squirrels in a wheel. Cuz thats all chevy has in a motor. Ive got 4 seats less hp and more comfee ride than a vette. not to say its couple thousand cheaper.. I believe a lil kid will see which is better all around. and a SS stands for super $hit cuz thats all that is. Man I love my mach bwahahaha. poor lil chevy. and i give a swift kick in the nuts to GM :nutkick: :whip: :jerkit:
tons of factors determine why you beat a GTO and a Vette...1) the drivers suck, 2) you blind side jumped them off the line and they tried to catch up, gained, but shut down before passing you.

fact is, an SS is a solid 12 second car with a half decent driver, and the GTO, i've seen stockers pull high 12s.

go to a track, line up next to an SS, and guaranteed, if the guy knows what hes doing, all you see are tail lights. its a given, stock for stock, the stangs always fall to the camaro. as much as i hate GM, i respect the LS1

NoSlo5.0
12-04-2004, 02:55 PM
Jeez, you'd think I owned a Chevy!?

Disclaimer: *I love Fords. I would never buy a Chevy. Owned 5.0's since '92*

So that's the last negative thing I'll post about my favorite car...(true or not)

NoSlo5.0
12-04-2004, 02:56 PM
The MACH would look the best...

BruntzySVT
12-04-2004, 03:12 PM
You gotta be careful there. If I set your a/f ratio to 10.5:1 at WOT, you'd be struggling to make 275rwhp, that guy might have had a crappy tune or faulty ignition. Hell, he could have been making so much power that his clutch was slipping badly. Any which way you slice it, his car was broken...

Besides, we're talking n/a LS1 vs. n/a DOHC/SOHC engines. The only point that I don't really think is arguable is that a 320hp rated DOHC will not beat a 320hp LS1 in a speed contest, the LS1 has too much torque to offer when it matters. Get that DOHC some 4.10's and keep the revs high in the band and it might hang, but it won't win.

Here's the real deal, the differences are small enough that nine times out of ten, the winner won't be determined by the car's ability, but the driver's. I make well over 400hp, but if a friggin Grand Prix catches me sleeping, he will have appeared to win the 0-45mph race. I'd still have him by 25-30 car lengths at the strip, but that doesn't matter at the time does it?

Besides, your shortblock is built like a brick shithouse, get yourself a teeny weeny blower pulley, a tune, and tell us all to shut the hell up!

Actually hahaha no need to put my A/F at 10.5 because right now it goes from a lean 13 all the way down around 5k rpms to a rich 10 haha im so fjucked w/ my a/f i need it fixed but not going to tune untill i get my pulleys!

thumpin347
12-04-2004, 03:19 PM
Go to the track and line up against a real driver...Your Mach, although respectable, will get spanked.
you beat me to it

spiffy
12-04-2004, 06:22 PM
http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/112z06blackvettelowered2.jpg

it apparently is true that the new Z06 will sport 500hp and 475lb/ft of torque, 12" wide rear tires, a dry sump oiling system(isn't that cool?), portions of the frame built from magnesium and not aluminum which many speculated, run flat tires(boo), and apparently will offer a choice of interiorsi dont like the new design of those.. when ever i look at them all i think about is the viper

04redmach1
12-04-2004, 06:42 PM
Dude no it wont. I raced 3 trans am ram air--4 vettes---1 SS camaro-- and a 2000 camaro with LS1 and all bolt ons including exhaust and beat all of em.I have got my a$$ handed to me by Z06 but hell i had to try. And the guy with the 2000 camaro is a drag racer so he knows how to drive. And the GTO HAHAHA joke. You can even read that in muscle mustangs. Driver or no driver , 50-60 more horses than me it should tear me a new a$$hole. :diss:

Joe Friday
12-04-2004, 07:09 PM
Dude no it wont. I raced 3 trans am ram air--4 vettes---1 SS camaro-- and a 2000 camaro with LS1 and all bolt ons including exhaust and beat all of em.I have got my a$$ handed to me by Z06 but hell i had to try. And the guy with the 2000 camaro is a drag racer so he knows how to drive. And the GTO HAHAHA joke. You can even read that in muscle mustangs. Driver or no driver , 50-60 more horses than me it should tear me a new a$$hole. :diss:

http://www.fotoblick.de/cards/shit-happens.jpg

Just so ya know.. thats bullshit

thumpin347
12-04-2004, 08:00 PM
ok paul walker

stalkerbabe
12-04-2004, 08:37 PM
ok paul walker
dont be a dork be nice!

thumpin347
12-04-2004, 08:39 PM
dont be a dork be nice!
its all in good fun, nothing personal

04redmach1
12-04-2004, 08:41 PM
Well im not gonna argue, I have a mach and I know what it will do. So go buy one and you will find out. Dont knock what you dont know. :nya: :asswave:

04redmach1
12-04-2004, 08:44 PM
Oh ya and I drive better than paul walker.... I dont need computer images... :w00t:

NoSlo5.0
12-04-2004, 09:56 PM
Sure, perhaps Ford got one right. Seems the Machs are pretty strong runners. Especially if you believe all the internet hype. I haven't seen it materialize at the track yet, others say they have. Apparently some of these cars are getting into the high 12's totally stock.

BruntzySVT
12-05-2004, 02:36 AM
Haha that picture of that bull shit is so funny!

04redmach1
12-05-2004, 02:09 PM
I seen a new mustang GT run a 13.66 in the 1/4 . For what ive got done to my car ive hit 12's. Im getting my tires today so I should be alot better.

thumpin347
12-05-2004, 02:13 PM
I seen a new mustang GT run a 13.66 in the 1/4 . For what ive got done to my car ive hit 12's. Im getting my tires today so I should be alot better.
are u saying you should hit 12s or you have slips for 12s??