PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts about Mother of Fallen Soldier

93ramvert
08-16-2005, 08:42 AM
Personally I think Cindy Sheehan shoulkd go home and be with her surviving family. Bush can't see this lady personally, or he'll be expected to see every Tom, Dick, and Harry that wants to see him. Bush isn't the only one that made the decision to go to war, he isn't to blame for the death of her son Casey. Casey voluntarily signed up for the military, Casey went on a voluntary mission to help some wounded soldiers. Casey is a hero, he died for his country and his mother is doing him an injustice by calling out Bush the way she is. There's more of an agenda, here not just the loss of her son. Her family is ashamed of her, as a Veteran myself I would be disgusted with my parents if the pulled anything even remotely close to this. The decision to go was made, even Kerry supported it, EVERYONE needs to stand behind our efforts, because it just feeds the sand fleas, it drives them because they know we are seperated, just like in Vietnam, they thrived off of America's division. Now is not the time to fight about going to war, that time was before we sent thousands of men and women to fight. When they see our politicians fighting over it they enjoy it. Cindy needs to go home and take care of her family.

J
08-16-2005, 08:57 AM
well said

04redmach1
08-16-2005, 12:51 PM
Someone needs to :smack: some sense into her.
Soldiers need more support than they are getting. If I was over there and heard the crap thats said my moral would be WAY low. Need to boost confidence and get our troops spirt up. :beerchug:

Wrench
08-16-2005, 01:20 PM
Her husband filed for devorce because of her actions. So now she isn't only without her son, but husband also. Serves her right.

J
08-16-2005, 01:21 PM
Some women are cooky. Alot of them need to learn to keep their mouth shut.

crimsonblack
08-16-2005, 08:19 PM
Well Said!!! I'd like to kick her freakin' ass around the moon along with all those standing there with her.

This is a very touchy subject. I am behind the President 100%. I spent six years in the Navy aboard a nuclear submarine and I am patriotic. The enemy finally brought the war to our soil and it was time to take the fight against terrorism head on. On the downsode I don't honestly believe that we are bloodthirsty enough to win the battle. Until we fight dirty and drag them through hell and back we cannot end terrorism completely. We must fight fire with fire. There's no taking the high road. If the battle moves into the gutter we fight mean and we fight dirty. We fight to win.

I honor the men and women of the armed forces, risky their lives keep secure the freedoms that I enjoy. Their fight to keep us safe is the ultimate in heroism. I am ashamed when I see people on the streets standing against what this country is doing. The time for debate is over. Our troops, our brothers and sisters, our family, children and friends are there putting their lives on the line. It's time for ALL Americans to rally behind the troops. To cheer them on in public and in our prayers. I thank them all.

My apologies for the rambling.

ITLRUN
08-17-2005, 06:08 AM
We can't say any more than you all have said but again well said to all of you.

This is some of what it will be like if we loose the war on Terror

So, keep the faith and may 'God Bless America'...

93ramvert
08-17-2005, 07:44 AM
Well Said!!! I'd like to kick her freakin' ass around the moon along with all those standing there with her.

This is a very touchy subject. I am behind the President 100%. I spent six years in the Navy aboard a nuclear submarine and I am patriotic. The enemy finally brought the war to our soil and it was time to take the fight against terrorism head on. On the downsode I don't honestly believe that we are bloodthirsty enough to win the battle. Until we fight dirty and drag them through hell and back we cannot end terrorism completely. We must fight fire with fire. There's no taking the high road. If the battle moves into the gutter we fight mean and we fight dirty. We fight to win.

I honor the men and women of the armed forces, risky their lives keep secure the freedoms that I enjoy. Their fight to keep us safe is the ultimate in heroism. I am ashamed when I see people on the streets standing against what this country is doing. The time for debate is over. Our troops, our brothers and sisters, our family, children and friends are there putting their lives on the line. It's time for ALL Americans to rally behind the troops. To cheer them on in public and in our prayers. I thank them all.

My apologies for the rambling.

I agree, we need to be more bloodthristy. Never mind getting down and dirty, all we need to do is just use our potential, We can't win the fight the way they are figthing, no one could. We need to use all of our military resources, why do we have them if we can't and won't use them?

There are candle light vigils scheduled all around the country, to show support for this dumb bitch, go to moveon.org, Let's get out there during these vigils and show our support for America, President Bush aside. You can put in your zip code and it will give you the closest vigil to you.

It's not the Republicans bringing the US down, It's not the Democrats bringing the US down, it's the Civil War between them. The division between them is disgusting, who is representing America when these guy's can't work together after making a decision. The Dem's agreed to go to war, now it's all Bush's and the Republican's fault that we are there. Both sides are to blame for a bunch of crazy shit that has gone on in the last 10-20 years, o.k. go way back, but it's getting worse. We are in a Civil War without the weapons, and it's all about self gain not about the Country. Before we know it we'll be called the Divided States of America, then The Republic of China. Instead of stupid bitches like this we need every day Americans like us to step up and start making noise, Like someone else said above, the silent majority, Let's start making noise before we're speaking chinese.

Cobra94
08-18-2005, 10:32 AM
............It's not the Republicans bringing the US down, It's not the Democrats bringing the US down, it's the Civil War between them. The division between them is disgusting.............
well said Tom, it wont be terrorism, it will be bipartisanship that will destroy this country.

MachGT
08-18-2005, 11:17 AM
The republicans are actually being reasonable. It's the democrats that are being crazy.

If you dig into the mother's past, she was an anti-war nut prior to her son being killed

Black Stallion
08-18-2005, 01:33 PM
She just needs to shut the **** up and go home. Granted, I'm sorry for her loss, but she isn't the only one, there are over 1700 families who lost someone in this war, you don't here them storming Bush's camp.

The Guardian
08-18-2005, 05:48 PM
I am deployed right now writing history about Opertation Noble Eagle. It is sad that she lost her son. My family be sad if something happened to me but they would not be doing anything like that. Casey did voluntarily sign up and unfortunately that is one of the risks we in the military take. I just hope everyone can come home safe and sound SOON!

thunderbolt64
08-18-2005, 06:14 PM
I guess I have mixed emotions about this one. Are we really there for the right reasons? No Weapons of Mass Destruction were never found. Sure, Saddam was a bad dictator, but were we ever really threathen? I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but like I said, did we go in for the right reasons? It seems like we, the U.S., have destablize the whole area. I think we are stretching ourselves thin, and you will prolly see more people here, opposing our occupation of Iraq. I was young when Vietnam occurred, but I can remember all the protests to that war. I think we are going to see many more protests, especially the longer we are there.

GT Dan
08-20-2005, 03:14 AM
I guess I have mixed emotions about this one. Are we really there for the right reasons? No Weapons of Mass Destruction were never found. Sure, Saddam was a bad dictator, but were we ever really threathen? I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but like I said, did we go in for the right reasons? It seems like we, the U.S., have destablize the whole area. I think we are stretching ourselves thin, and you will prolly see more people here, opposing our occupation of Iraq. I was young when Vietnam occurred, but I can remember all the protests to that war. I think we are going to see many more protests, especially the longer we are there.

Theres nothing wrong with having an opposing opinion. The biggest problem is the slant that people put on it. While there weren't any WMD's found, there were several reports that Saddam was in the process of developing and obtaining them.

Fortunately, there were several countries, not just the US that had intelligence reports of this. Of course, everyone is back tracking now but it doesn't change what they thought they knew. It appears that Saddam liked to exaggerate what he actually had and it bit him in the butt. I mean really, think about it. Someone runs around telling everyone how bad their car is, they better be prepared to back it up.

Destabilizing the region is a good thing. There are people that hate this country and everything it stands for regardless of what happens in Iraq. Hopefully, as Iraq embraces Democracy it will empower the people to take control of their lives and see there is more to the world than some cleric saying everything is evil. Encourage them to think for themselves rather than eat what is force fed to them from some pissed off religious fanatic.

As for Sheehan, she lost any ounce of credibility she had when she aligned herself with Michael Moore. She is being used as a tool by the Anti-war folks and isn't smart enough to realize it...

93ramvert
08-20-2005, 09:47 AM

No thunderbolt I respect what your saying "I'm sure much to everyones surprise" But we went in based on the fact that intelligence said there were WMD'S there. Do we hold off and what to see if it's true, It's to late then, We went for the right reasons, the only reason the Dems. want to pull out is because, it will be a failure on Bush's part right now, a knock on the rep. know if we stay and things turn around (As long as we fight to our potential and not there's) it's a win for Bush and the rep.

wildthing
08-24-2005, 07:28 AM
well said everyone. i think she needs to gp home , iam very sorry for her lost but bush can't meet with every mother who loses a son or daughter. they are very brave and all heros lets not let her tarnish what they have done .