PDA

View Full Version : WOOT! Got my first dyno!

BruntzySVT
11-27-2004, 11:49 AM
Well it was dyno day at a local speed store so i went along with many other mustang owners! There was a 01 that hit 299 off bottle and 398 with a 100 shot! It was awesome! I was looking around online at stock cobra dynos and most average about 360ish hp and 350ish tq liike that one chick that has
STOCK DYNO 365.8 HP - 349.2 TQ
on our website!

Well a guy in front of me with an o/r h pipe and weld in flowmaste mufflers hit 379hp 375tq so iwas like crap im not going to hit my goal! My goal was 390-400 but most cobras with exhaust work dont make it over 385 without aftermarket headers! So i went and when they hit the high rpms my supercharger went silent like i thought it broke ive never heard a supercharger go silent like mine did but i hit 392.2rwhp and 380.2rwtq! I was amazed..my other to were close to that also i hit a 12:3 a/f ratio! But then the a/f nose dived so thats not good the guy said probably just a tune should do it! It caused me to loose power at higher rpms but i was amazed i hit that much just off exhaust!

SDRMustang1
11-27-2004, 11:55 AM
Congrats, Ill just go put my v-6 back in its box and bow to the power of the cobra...LOL...

BruntzySVT
11-27-2004, 12:04 PM
Congrats, Ill just go put my v-6 back in its box and bow to the power of the cobra...LOL...
thnks lol

Roush2960
11-27-2004, 12:07 PM
Congrats on the nice numbers.

What have you change out to hit that?
My buddie with a 03 has changed out Exhaust and Air intake. He has the steeda CAI and the Bolra Catback system ...with just those he hit 400RWHP/400+ rwtq in his cobra. The A/F issue is common on 03 and was change..tune wise in the 04. Get that changed and you will hit over 400 yourself. Good luck

./M@

BruntzySVT
11-27-2004, 12:13 PM
Congrats on the nice numbers.

What have you change out to hit that?
My buddie with a 03 has changed out Exhaust and Air intake. He has the steeda CAI and the Bolra Catback system ...with just those he hit 400RWHP/400+ rwtq in his cobra. The A/F issue is common on 03 and was change..tune wise in the 04. Get that changed and you will hit over 400 yourself. Good luck

./M@
no intake just cat back and x pipe!

AJ SnkNV
11-27-2004, 12:27 PM
very nice numbers

232stang
11-27-2004, 12:42 PM
me too

Roush2960
11-27-2004, 12:49 PM
I would also suggest you try a run with the stock H-pipe on. I have heard that the X-pipes on cobras have taken away power. With you numbers though I find it hard to believe. Add the Steeda CAI and you will be happy with the results. I have in on my KB setup..It works. I might be able to help get you a discount ...IE internet sale from a vendor I know.

BruntzySVT
11-27-2004, 02:41 PM
I would also suggest you try a run with the stock H-pipe on. I have heard that the X-pipes on cobras have taken away power. With you numbers though I find it hard to believe. Add the Steeda CAI and you will be happy with the results. I have in on my KB setup..It works. I might be able to help get you a discount ...IE internet sale from a vendor I know.
i duno if i want steeda..im thinking FIPK or JLT

SDRMustang1
11-27-2004, 02:46 PM
I have heard mixed things on the FIPK ones, but you can get what you want! The steeda is a proven winner with people i know!

thumpin347
11-27-2004, 02:51 PM
get a JTL intake...they are pretty proven on the 03/04s...i just dont understand who the hell told you x-pipes take power away. i understand that OE exhausts that ford is putting out are decent, but there is NO WAY an X-pipe will take away from an 03/04s numbers...especially above 4k rpm.

Roush2960
11-27-2004, 04:20 PM
that was from a 03 owner that felt like he lost. I dont have a dyno to prove any diffrent. I love mine , But was just passing on what I have heard.

What is the JTL cai for the cobra. I have never heard of that one?

BruntzySVT
11-27-2004, 05:14 PM
that was from a 03 owner that felt like he lost. I dont have a dyno to prove any diffrent. I love mine , But was just passing on what I have heard.

What is the JTL cai for the cobra. I have never heard of that one?
www.jlttruecoldair.com

thumpin347
11-27-2004, 05:46 PM

i know where that guy is coming from, but he might have been expecting too much gains off of a mod like an x pipe. i've felt like i lost power after doing headers, but i gained a good amount through the mid and top end, and not so much on the bottom end. its easy to expect alot from a single mind and sometimes that'll blur your vision. its dyno proven that with a cat back x pipe and intake, and computer reflash will get you over the 400 rwhp mark.

as far as passing off what you heard, you're just giving people a false impression. not to be a nit picky about it, but i just dont like seeing people claim something that isnt 100% true.

BruntzySVT
11-27-2004, 06:20 PM
i know where that guy is coming from, but he might have been expecting too much gains off of a mod like an x pipe. i've felt like i lost power after doing headers, but i gained a good amount through the mid and top end, and not so much on the bottom end. its easy to expect alot from a single mind and sometimes that'll blur your vision. its dyno proven that with a cat back x pipe and intake, and computer reflash will get you over the 400 rwhp mark.

as far as passing off what you heard, you're just giving people a false impression. not to be a nit picky about it, but i just dont like seeing people claim something that isnt 100% true.
shit i would have hit 400 if my freaken a/f didnt drop like a bat outta hell! Also if i got any intake 25-30hp in most cases i would be at 420 without a tune!

thumpin347
11-27-2004, 07:28 PM
shit i would have hit 400 if my freaken a/f didnt drop like a bat outta hell! Also if i got any intake 25-30hp in most cases i would be at 420 without a tune!
you have one of those factory freaks with a well built motor meeting exact tolerances...consider yourself lucky. dont expect too much out of the intake though...you are using ricer mentality, like the 14hp increase on the boxes of AEM systems.

BruntzySVT
11-28-2004, 04:55 AM
you have one of those factory freaks with a well built motor meeting exact tolerances...consider yourself lucky. dont expect too much out of the intake though...you are using ricer mentality, like the 14hp increase on the boxes of AEM systems.
Ricer mentality!? do you want to see some dynos of 33.3rwhp 8rwtq dynos from the FIPK? if so jsut jot your ass over svtperformance.com and take a search its all over! matter in fact ive never seen a gain under 15 off intake bud~!

maemaimay
11-28-2004, 12:59 PM
ooo. looks good. i need to re-dyno too. haha. dangit.

thumpin347
11-28-2004, 02:20 PM
Ricer mentality!? do you want to see some dynos of 33.3rwhp 8rwtq dynos from the FIPK? if so jsut jot your ass over svtperformance.com and take a search its all over! matter in fact ive never seen a gain under 15 off intake bud~!
i've seen 15-20...not too much more...but you're the 03/04 owner, you know more about what it'll do for your car than me :devil:

_eazy_
11-28-2004, 05:29 PM
nice #'s... all you need is some headers and heads and you'll be 450+ ;)

thumpin347
11-28-2004, 06:06 PM
nice #'s... all you need is some headers and heads and you'll be 450+ ;)
heads? :diss:

_eazy_
11-28-2004, 06:11 PM
heads? :diss:

c-y-l-i-n-d-e-r h-e-a-d-s

thumpin347
11-28-2004, 06:37 PM
c-y-l-i-n-d-e-r h-e-a-d-s
i knew you meant cylinder heads. as far as i'm concerned, there are no aftermarket head casts, and the only way he could go with a set of heads is a set of used heads that have been ported or someone that sells new casts that have been ported. dont see a point in doing that when there are stock headed/stock internal/stock cam 03/04s running 800+whp

_eazy_
11-28-2004, 07:33 PM
i knew you meant cylinder heads. as far as i'm concerned, there are no aftermarket head casts, and the only way he could go with a set of heads is a set of used heads that have been ported or someone that sells new casts that have been ported. dont see a point in doing that when there are stock headed/stock internal/stock cam 03/04s running 800+whp

i have no clue about the part world for the F/I cobra's... but on my GT, new heads would get me 40hp

thumpin347
11-28-2004, 07:44 PM
i have no clue about the part world for the F/I cobra's... but on my GT, new heads would get me 40hp
again...there are no new casts for the 4.6...all you will find are stock PI heads that have been ported, valved jobbed, etc. its not like the 5.0's and 5.8's where you can choose from plenty of different casting designs. you have one cast to choose from in your case, but a few different machinists that offer a worked STOCK head. you must be talking about the Patriot heads or fox lake heads, and those are just ported PI heads

_eazy_
11-28-2004, 08:06 PM
again...there are no new casts for the 4.6...all you will find are stock PI heads that have been ported, valved jobbed, etc. its not like the 5.0's and 5.8's where you can choose from plenty of different casting designs. you have one cast to choose from in your case, but a few different machinists that offer a worked STOCK head. you must be talking about the Patriot heads or fox lake heads, and those are just ported PI heads

thanks for correcting me ;)

thumpin347
11-28-2004, 08:15 PM
thanks for correcting me ;)
dont get me wrong...while they are great for adding power, you'll see alot more benefits going with a nitrous system, or saving up for a VT stroker kit or supercharger. the cost outweighs the benefits for 40hp

BruntzySVT
11-29-2004, 12:10 AM
Its said on stock internals corba engines can handle up to 700hp..i dont know if thats safe but! Only way i could get past 600hp would be to go with a diff. s/c set up like kb or whipple!