PDA

View Full Version : the blue devil is giving the FORD GT a HUGE runs for its money

Leo
07-01-2005, 11:41 AM
the ford what? i know i know i own a ford and alot of you guys are die hard ford owners but this blue devil will totally own the ford GT in weight, cost, power, and suspension. 2900 lbs with an LS6 7.0L v8 WITH A BLOWER. im sorry i love ford to death but this new little corvette will hold its ground. seems like ford has a nice dark cloud over them if they decide to mass produce these. this car costs only 100,000 and the GT is about 50 grand more. this is definetly one cool car

http://www.305sr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5300&highlight=blue+devil+spotted heres a link if you click on it it shows photos also.

News

We hear 2005 Le Mans class winner Jan Magnussen is turning faster-than-Z06 laps in the Blue Devil at Nurburgring. (Photos by Bernd Rauh)

Blue Devil Lives!! When GM's vice chairman speaks of an ultra-performance Corvette, we listen
BOB GRITZINGER
Posted Date: 6/29/05
General Motors vice chairman Bob Lutz won’t confirm this car exists, but he is not saying it doesn’t. We first wrote about Chevrolet’s ultra-performance Corvette—dubbed Blue Devil, most likely to catch the attention of GM CEO and Duke Blue Devil grad Rick Wagoner—shortly before the sixth-generation Corvette debuted at the Detroit auto show in January (AW, Dec. 22 and 29, 2004). We asked Lutz about the car during a recent exclusive interview with AutoWeek.

“Let’s just say [Corvette chief engineer] Dave Hill is not a guy who likes playing second fiddle to any high-performance car on the road,” said Lutz. “My guess is we’re going to find a way to do something beyond the Z06, that would be at a much higher price point, and which would compete with some of the leading high-performance cars of the world.”

Lutz said the car may be delayed while the company focuses most of its engineering might on pulling ahead profit-making vehicles like its next-generation large sport/utilities and pickups.

“But there is certainly no lack of desire on anyone’s part to establish the supremacy of the Corvette,” says Lutz.

Spied on the Nurbürgring, Blue Devil appears to be living up to the earlier hype. Eyewitnesses said the car sounds supercharged, confirming reports the engine is likely a blown version of the Z06’s 7.0-liter V8, producing upward of 600 hp. Look for lightweight carbon fiber body parts to reduce weight to about 2900 pounds.

Pricing will likely start somewhere around $100,000 if and when the car makes production in 2006.

Leo
07-01-2005, 12:52 PM
http://www.fuelslut.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30635 heres another link with discussions

J
07-01-2005, 01:12 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/JaMMin2525/102690.jpg

synister281
07-01-2005, 02:35 PM
if i was rich and i had to choose between the FORD GT and a hopped up CORVETTE...

i'd take the GT hands down.

think about it, there is NOTHING like the ford Gt on the road... there is no base model that any joshlub could buy... the vette on the other hand is an "affordable" sports car with different stages... C6, Z06, and now this beast. Granted its a sweet ass corvette, but it still doesnt have the GT appeal.

thus

Ford GT > *

still :beerchug:

MachGT
07-01-2005, 02:36 PM
I want to see someone with a highly modified GT :)

Leo
07-01-2005, 02:49 PM
theres not much more you can really do to a GT. it comes with forged internals. with some badass heads and a poweradder. what else are you going to do to it?

im sorry man but this vette is prolly the sickest shit to ever come out of any american showroom. it competes even with the enzo.
the ferrari slayer will get slayed. sorry to say it but this thing is badass. and at 50 grand less and less weight.
yes it looks very similar to a vette
yes its a chevy
but hey you know what ITS A PUSHROD.
i think fords worst move was to make the modular engine.
maybe in a few years the ford GT will step up to the blue devil but i dont see that happening with the shelby GT 500 coming out anytime soon.

_eazy_
07-01-2005, 05:28 PM
what more can you do to it?

:rofl:

try 20 psi of boost on it's bullet-proof motor, then, methanol inject it, then, add 4.10 or 4.30 gears in it.

Roush2960
07-02-2005, 01:06 AM
ITs a Hope they build car also. If it came into production it would go for more then 100K.

NoSlo5.0
07-02-2005, 01:26 AM
but hey you know what ITS A PUSHROD.
maybe in a few years the ford GT will step up to the blue devil but i dont see that happening with the shelby GT 500 coming out anytime soon.

You know, that's almost laughable to me. The amount of engineering and technology in the GT makes it not even comparable to a bolt-on vette. There is nothing exotic about the hopped up vette.

There were a ton of reasons for the advent of the modular motor, mainly cost reduction as a result of a common parts bin. The stock 302 block is a weak POS. The stock 5.0L HO motor by todays standards is an underpowered POS. You couldn't make the power the new 3 valve produces in a n/a setup without dumping 3-4 grand into your 5.0. Nobody despises that fact more than me...

Leo
07-02-2005, 09:59 AM
You know, that's almost laughable to me. The amount of engineering and technology in the GT makes it not even comparable to a bolt-on vette. There is nothing exotic about the hopped up vette.

There were a ton of reasons for the advent of the modular motor, mainly cost reduction as a result of a common parts bin. The stock 302 block is a weak POS. The stock 5.0L HO motor by todays standards is an underpowered POS. You couldn't make the power the new 3 valve produces in a n/a setup without dumping 3-4 grand into your 5.0. Nobody despises that fact more than me...

have you read the mags lately? dude the 05 modular engines extremely sensitive. if you mess with anything in that car it has a fit. you have to tune the car to bolt on a cold air intake wtf is that shit? and how much do parts for the modular cost compared to the pushrod?

5.0L = comes with forged pistons and can eat up a 125 shot without taking a shit.

some of the modulars are actually good but the 2valves are the weakest motors to come out. i actually like the mach 1 and new edge stangs. hey i know some of them whooping brand new cobras with simple bolt ons and drag radials (with an automatic tranny)

but look at the new c6 vette. that thing gets 28 mpg. i dunno man i guess i was a little harsh saying that it was the worst move that ford did and im sorry to offend anyone. but i sure wish they kept the pushrod

NoSlo5.0
07-02-2005, 10:28 AM
...and im sorry to offend anyone. but i sure wish they kept the pushrod

You didn't offend me, the only modular in my garage is in my Expedition.

Dollar for Hp, the modulars aren't much more expensive to turn up than a 5.0L. Times are changing. AFM did a shootout with just such a question in mind. There is nothing crappy about a 2 valve PI headed 4.6, it plain smokes the 5.0 in stock form. Drop a set of heads and an intake on the 5.0L and the playing ground is leveled, but at a high cost. as far as tuning goes, try dropping some serious parts on your car without some tuning, it won't go. Tuning isn't a bad thing, they didn't deliberately make the car "sensitive" to aftermarket parts, it is a result of strict emissions standards.

That GT could be powered by a turbo 3.8, I'd still take it over the Vette. One car is exotic and worldly, the other isn't and will never be. We could build a Mustang to spank the GT, but I would rather cruise in the GT. a sure sign the engineers got it done right.

04redmach1
07-02-2005, 10:37 AM
Well i beg to differ.... i have put a 125 kit on plenty of 2003 2004 Gt's and NO problems yet, and one has all bolt ons. And for the Vette.. It will NEVER be 100,000 if in production. I mean look at the new Z06, 75,000 lol ya right id buy the Cammer stang b4 that POS. And the Ford GT, a tune is good for over 50 rwhp, pulley 30-40 ,water/meth injection is close to 100. Their is soooo much more you can do. Face it Chevy has got the beat down.

Hoofbeats are louder then Heartbeats.

And FYI the ford GT is selling for $125,000 here.

Now back to the Pushrod/Mod debate. Pushrods are great but with the same hp the mod will get better gas mileage and run more efficient. And a stock 302 will get its ass beat by a 2000 and up V-6 ( i know for fact)
Oh and i have shot 250 through my mach 1 4 times and nothing happen to it, Xcept haul ass hehe.

spiffy
07-02-2005, 11:31 AM
have you read the mags lately? dude the 05 modular engines extremely sensitive. if you mess with anything in that car it has a fit. you have to tune the car to bolt on a cold air intake wtf is that shit? and how much do parts for the modular cost compared to the pushrod?

5.0L = comes with forged pistons and can eat up a 125 shot without taking a shit.

some of the modulars are actually good but the 2valves are the weakest motors to come out. i actually like the mach 1 and new edge stangs. hey i know some of them whooping brand new cobras with simple bolt ons and drag radials (with an automatic tranny)

but look at the new c6 vette. that thing gets 28 mpg. i dunno man i guess i was a little harsh saying that it was the worst move that ford did and im sorry to offend anyone. but i sure wish they kept the pushrod the tuning issue isnt the engine its the pcm/ecm and the same problem would likely
happend with most modern OBD II vechicles

Leo
07-02-2005, 11:52 AM
Now back to the Pushrod/Mod debate. Pushrods are great but with the same hp the mod will get better gas mileage and run more efficient. And a stock 302 will get its ass beat by a 2000 and up V-6 ( i know for fact)
Oh and i have shot 250 through my mach 1 4 times and nothing happen to it, Xcept haul ass hehe.

mach 1 is one of my favorite stangs reguardless of the engine

NoSlo5.0
07-02-2005, 11:58 AM

Having driven a stock '00 3.8 for a few weeks, and every iteration of the 5.0L, I can't say I buy that comment at all. The 3.8 is over a 100ft-lbs of torque shy where it counts. The weight difference is neglibible on straight line performance, must have been the state of the tune. The V6 has nowhere near the pull of a 5.0. Driver error is the only explanation for the "fact".

stone_turp
07-02-2005, 01:39 PM
originally posted by 04redmach1
Hoofbeats are louder then Heartbeats.

:devil:

Leo
07-02-2005, 01:50 PM
Having drivin a stock '00 3.8 for a few weeks, and every iteration of the 5.0L, I can't say I buy that comment at all. The 3.8 is over a 100ft-lbs of torque shy where it counts. The weight difference is neglibible on straight line performance, must have been the state of the tune. The V6 has nowhere near the pull of a 5.0. Driver error is the only explanation for the "fact".

agreed completely. my car is bone stock right now save for flowasters and a xpipe and i eat up stock GTs from 95-2004 all the time.

hell ive been to the track and ive seen a 98 with bolt ons running 15.00 flat. which is a few tenths slower than what i run.

stone_turp
07-03-2005, 12:46 AM
So do I bro so do I! Amazing what a little tuning can do!

stone_turp
07-03-2005, 12:54 AM
My thoughts one the blue devil!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/sillybstard/flippinbird.jpg

blown93feature
07-03-2005, 04:53 AM
My take on the vet is that you give credit where credit is due. I would consider that car to be more than a bolt on wannabe and should be considered a car to be reckened with. There is a ton of modern technoligy it that ride and I wouldn't refuse it that is for sure, and on the other hand if there was a choice I would take the gt just out of prefference of body style and future capabilities.I would say if the car does come to life, you would see it stickered for far more than 100k because of a dealers premium jack,just like the gt has sold for 200k from dealers.

stone_turp
07-03-2005, 09:07 AM
134,000 For the GT here in VA Beach.

NoSlo5.0
07-03-2005, 10:38 AM
Even if I made enough green to purchase a car like either of those, I don't think I could justify the expense.

Give the vette props for being a badass machine, but it isn't in the same league as the GT. If GM had gone to the trouble of creating a new platform from the ground up, a clean sheet of paper so to speak, and had ended up with a car that wasn't a vette, then I'd be doing a little happy dance for them.

You could dump as much power into a Mustang, spend as much on suspension tidbits, and pretty much end up with a streetable racecar, but it's just a Mustang in the end, and not worth 100k no matter what.

White Stang
07-03-2005, 06:54 PM
agreed completely. my car is bone stock right now save for flowasters and a xpipe and i eat up stock GTs from 95-2004 all the time.

hell ive been to the track and ive seen a 98 with bolt ons running 15.00 flat. which is a few tenths slower than what i run.

Your car is alot lighter than a 99 to 04. your engine is probally around 200 horses stock and more torque compared to the modular 220 at the wheels so I would not jump on the push rod engine beats modular engine. The Facts are the Modular Overhead Cam Motor is the best thing since VTEC :rofl: :lol: I have a 2 valve modular and live in Ft Lauderdale Maybe we'll line up at the track one day if you head up there :naughty: :nailbite:

NoSlo5.0
07-03-2005, 09:12 PM
Your car is alot lighter than a 99 to 04. your engine is probally around 200 horses stock and more torque compared to the modular 220 at the wheels so I would not jump on the push rod engine beats modular engine. The Facts are the Modular Overhead Cam Motor is the best thing since VTEC :rofl: :lol: I have a 2 valve modular and live in Ft Lauderdale Maybe we'll line up at the track one day if you head up there :naughty: :nailbite:

I'd do it, but it seems everytime I drive to Florida I end up in a ditch....

I believe the modulars Leo's bustin on are the non PI headed 96-98's. They did suck bad.

04redmach1
07-03-2005, 09:34 PM
I raced a 89 GT stock, and V-6 had dual exhaust and K&N.
I beat em by 2 cars. May have been car wasnt taken care of or it was just a turd. Point is the 5.0 wasnt THAT fast to begin with.

But go jump on the new 4.0 with a stock 5.0 ,and yu will get ur feelings hurt.

NoSlo5.0
07-04-2005, 11:28 AM
I raced a 89 GT stock, and V-6 had dual exhaust and K&N.
I beat em by 2 cars. May have been car wasnt taken care of or it was just a turd. Point is the 5.0 wasnt THAT fast to begin with.

But go jump on the new 4.0 with a stock 5.0 ,and yu will get ur feelings hurt.

You should have done a lot better than 2 car lengths. Mach's are mid to high 13 second cars bone stock right? Seems like most 5.0's were running mid to high 14's stock, mine ran 15's flat in stock trim (Hawaii air not so good as Englishtown).

Besides, who has a stock 5.0 these days? Nobody I know...

04redmach1
07-04-2005, 01:24 PM
no no not in the mach. in the V-6 . My mach would blow the doors off stock 5.0 . My moms V-6 is what beat the 5.0 . Her little V-6 would fly. It had the ford racing headers, and true dual exhaust on it, with K&N.
I was surprised.

Leo
07-04-2005, 10:14 PM

log on to www.305sr.com alot of people from ft lauderdale and south florida log on there, we have meets and everything its not a car club its an enthusiast website just like gotstang but theres more then just mustangs.

I believe the modulars Leo's bustin on are the non PI headed 96-98's. They did suck bad.

you hit the nail on the head.

no no not in the mach. in the V-6 . My mach would blow the doors off stock 5.0 . My moms V-6 is what beat the 5.0 . Her little V-6 would fly. It had the ford racing headers, and true dual exhaust on it, with K&N.

what tranny did the 5oh have and what did the v6 have? alot of it could have to do with driver error. i only know 2 v6 mustangs that can blow the doors off alot of cars and one of them has a beautiful twin turbo setup.

lets keep this 5.0 vs 4.6 discussion the thread is getting very interesting

CallawayGT
07-05-2005, 12:15 PM

Yeah, I really hate having over 300fwhp with 4.10s through a 5spd and getting 25hwy mpg.Hell, why did we even go fuel inection?I sure do miss adjusting points too.:rolleyes: