PDA

View Full Version : Shorty Antenna's

Quikstang01lx
06-27-2005, 11:47 AM
So Iv recieved a few requests and made a couple calls for these shorty antennas.
I can do any size and they are available in stainless steel or black.
I need to know how many people are seriously interested in buying them.
The most they will be is $20shipped
Obviously the more people that buy the less they will be.
I have ~10 people from 3.8mustang.com interested- anyone here?

Im getting one sent to me today- I should have pics up when I get it and install it :thumpupn:

J
06-27-2005, 12:15 PM
as long as they arent the twisted swirly straw lookin ones.. count me in.

95mustang302
06-27-2005, 12:28 PM
I got a shorty antenna installed on my mustang and it looks awsome but i did lose singal but then again I hardly use the radio

roadhugger79
06-27-2005, 06:09 PM
So, How do we place a order or whatever? I'm kind of interested... :beerchug: Thanks!

306Stang
06-27-2005, 06:41 PM
not to hurt ur sales but if ur gonna order black why not save $20 and cut the antenna. i did and you can't even tell

01GTType
06-27-2005, 07:58 PM
I cut my antenna like that too but when I went to reinstall it, it wouldnt fit right. Can you let me know the lengths, I would like a 10" - 12" stainless steel one. Also, are there different tips for these or just one type.

Thanks

Quikstang01lx
06-27-2005, 08:44 PM
Sorry- forgot to subscribe to the thread..LoL

I was primarly gauging intrest in the shorty's...but iv gotten enough that its going down. :thumpupn:
Even better, with the response so far I think the price can be lowered a bit :beerchug:
No need to send money until I atleast have them in transit to me- I dont want to hold your money any longer than I have too.

One was sent out to me today and once I get it pics will be posted. So you can see what your getting.

Length was asked- I can get them in any length.
If you have any other questions feel free to post them or email me at Sales@DiscountMotorsports.net

Quikstang01lx
07-06-2005, 06:37 PM
There are before and after pics, and a pic comparing the length shorty vs. stock.

Overall I am VERY pleased with it. Install is 15min, if that, and a breeze.
I drove around for ~30min throughout town, wooded areas, etc and I dont seem to have lost radio reception. The stations that barely came in before barely come in now- and the ones that came in good are still coming in good.

The installed antenna is 14"

Available in 8" and 14" in either Black or Silver.
The price is $14shipped. It will remain that until I get the batch in and start shipping out. Friday the order will be placed- Im waiting that long to get a gauge of which way people are going. Any questions?
Sales@DiscountMotorsports.net
You can find them under "Monthly Specials"

Regular price will be $20+ship

Quikstang01lx
07-07-2005, 09:34 PM
I forgot to add that these are not the twisty-strawly type. They are exactly like the stock style antenna, only shorter.

J
07-07-2005, 09:40 PM
black. and ill get one

306Stang
07-07-2005, 11:13 PM
. . . . Install is 15min, if that, and a breeze.

not to be a dick or anything but all u do is unscrew the old one then screw the new one in . . . . like 30 sec. i could see 15 min if u cut the old one, bored out the ball on top a bit, repainted it, then put it back on. am i missing something here???

Quikstang01lx
07-09-2005, 11:18 PM
not to be a dick or anything but all u do is unscrew the old one then screw the new one in . . . . like 30 sec. i could see 15 min if u cut the old one, bored out the ball on top a bit, repainted it, then put it back on. am i missing something here???

No, your not missing anything-thats why I also said "if that". It took me ~15min.....but thats finding wrenches, taking pictures and moving my car in/out of the garage.

Your right- its literally unscrew the stocker...screw in the new one. I could easily see this done in 30sec.

Quikstang01lx
07-27-2005, 08:53 PM
Last few days of the $14 shipped......they should be here any day!

:beerchug:

hrsepwrbrat
07-27-2005, 10:34 PM
I already have the 8 inch, I don't listen to the radio at all, so I can't tell you if it made a difference, but it sure looks better!

sublime302
07-27-2005, 10:49 PM
i have the billitt 14" antenna and i didnt lose any signal,. i love it