PDA

View Full Version : any street racers out there?

Leo
06-24-2005, 12:13 PM
just curious... anyone out here street races on a daily basis?

J
06-24-2005, 12:21 PM
to many cops.. plus im on supervision for 2 tickets :)

stone_turp
06-24-2005, 12:43 PM
I used to go to the races before the cops shut them down. Now the cops are so bad that about all you can do is play a little on the interstate with the ricers. I never raced my car just showed up to support my boys who did race.

SDRMustang1
06-24-2005, 12:49 PM
races are on hold in my area too, high school just let out and the cops are lookin hard for kids doin bad things

HerNastyNotch
06-24-2005, 12:54 PM
In Tampa the cops issue tickets to the spectators as well as the racers... :(

Leo
06-24-2005, 12:56 PM
i dont go to the main hangouts. kinda the sub hangouts. like 15 of us while everyone else is in the main hangout. its alot quieter, no ricers. we run it in diff locations. i havent gotten ticketed yet and ive been doing it for a few years now. had maybe 1 close call... no biggie... street racing is fun and im not stopping anytime soon

My Cobra
06-24-2005, 12:59 PM
no street racing for me. i will go from a roll once in a while but will not just meet up just to race if we do that we go to the track

Leo
06-24-2005, 01:11 PM
roll racing is the gayest shit in the world... sorry man heads up only for me... i ONLY roll as long as i get a dig race right after

J
06-24-2005, 01:13 PM
roll racing is the gayest shit in the world... sorry man heads up only for me... i ONLY roll as long as i get a dig race right after
Yer so serious about racing.. why dont you just take it to the track?

Leo
06-24-2005, 01:48 PM
the track is 2.5 hours away... sorry dude ive gone there and i had a blast. but its too far

J
06-24-2005, 01:49 PM
This kinda brings me to the point of... why. Thats like saying I beat a Viper in a street race.. Trust me. I did. lol

BossHoss
06-24-2005, 02:30 PM
We used to back in the day...back in Montana we had a few
1/4 stretches of road marked off...remote and off the beaten trail...
we even had a guy build a mini-christmas tree that ran off a car
battery...then it got to the point that too many people got to know
where we raced and it turned into a circus then the cops started
staking out our spots...

Now,with a family,mortgage.etc....I don't get into it anymore..too much
to lose...especially if you go up against some idiot who drives over
his head and take you or others out.

stone_turp
06-24-2005, 03:53 PM
Hey man the track is 2 hours away from me too but I still go once a months for sh*ts and giggles. Just a fun thing to do on a fri night or sat. I won't race anybody on the street too much at jeopardy(2 kids,wife,job) Being a defense contractor, if you get into any kinda trouble with the law IE jailtime. They will fire your ass on the spot no questions asked. We used to have a cop friendly hang out too. It was great the cops drove right through the middle of us and didn't mess with anybody until of course the local rice got involved. :fu: :rice:

Hmongstang
06-24-2005, 05:51 PM
i do my racing at the track

02BlueStang
06-24-2005, 06:03 PM
Im on probation for a ticket.....Basically the only races that go around here is in the Kent area and the cops are all over it....Its just stupid to go and do...

If you wanna race best is at the track...then you can adjust your car and tune it to be perfect...Jim bob in his Honda can't tell you that when you blow his doors off....

here in washington they also ticket spectators with a 1000 fine and jail time possible....The people caught racing have their cars impounded and they are sold at auction no questions asked and no second chances....if you lose your car, you can always buy it back from the city :lol:

My Cobra
06-24-2005, 10:06 PM
I have to say that you have some of the dumbest comments i have ever heard. There is a point where you grow up and take in to account that street racing is just lame. If you care that much about it take it to the track. No matter what you are going to have somebody say "my ac was on, the guy did not yell go loud enuff, i thgouth we were racing to farther down the road." so to me it is worth the drive to go to the track pay the 10 bucks and get a slip saying yea i beat you. rather than you word aginst his. why do peopel that run 15's in the 1/4 go out looking for races?

stone_turp
06-24-2005, 11:20 PM
Hey I run 16's LOL I don't look for crap though but I get alot of it.

My Cobra
06-24-2005, 11:33 PM
lol the offical GS redneck SWEET. did not know we had one of those yet.

_eazy_
06-24-2005, 11:38 PM
i used to show up to some local race events and win some quick $$ (all they have around here are slow imports)

But.. i've grown up from that... i'll race a guy to 60 or 70 just to compare my car to another... but no more serious racing.

my rush comes from toppin out the stang on the mid bay bridge at 2 am.

StarDriver
06-25-2005, 12:18 AM
From info on another site, Florida is going after street racers and confiscating cars. It might be safer to take it to the track. Also, if you run on the street DON'T videotape it, the tape can be used as evidence if the cops catch you.

My Cobra
06-25-2005, 08:10 AM
yep, but then again you have the insraunce companies goign to the tracks and writing down tag numbers and if you are racing they will drop you. Geico has done it to a lot of peopel over on svtp so take your tags off when yago. does not seem fair the only reason i can think of why they woudl do it is becuase of the extra wear it puts on your car and the more likley you are to crash on your way home or some crap like that.

04redmach1
06-25-2005, 12:41 PM
In Columbus ,GA EVERY friday and saturday night we get together and street race. There is a spot that you can see interstate from , and its the finish line . We usually have 100 cars or so. Cops dont mess with us too much unless their is a wreck then they get strick for lil bit. And we ALWAYS video tape it. If im not racing then im the cam car. i can kepp up with most of them. Its great up here. But there is one i stay away from right now. 1000+ HP in a supra.. Me too slow for that one hehe

_eazy_
06-25-2005, 07:21 PM
In Columbus ,GA EVERY friday and saturday night we get together and street race. There is a spot that you can see interstate from , and its the finish line . We usually have 100 cars or so. Cops dont mess with us too much unless their is a wreck then they get strick for lil bit. And we ALWAYS video tape it. If im not racing then im the cam car. i can kepp up with most of them. Its great up here. But there is one i stay away from right now. 1000+ HP in a supra.. Me too slow for that one hehe

You drive a 4 wheeler. You don't have a stang. Quit talkin shit ;)

ITLRUN
06-25-2005, 09:15 PM
>owned< Street Racer here lol on Gandy in Tampa on occations lol and they got to catch us first lol but in town we will race anyone who tempt's us we have a very good radar detector :dance: and so far thank God no tickets. :beerchug:

Rwest75
06-25-2005, 09:49 PM
No street racing here. Occasionally i ll have my foot in it a little bit but i drive the interstate and highways so they are all patroled by state troopers who give no slack. I havent had a ticket in about 3 years and my record is clean and my insurance rates are fairly low and i would like to keep it that way.

Ryan

My Cobra
06-25-2005, 09:58 PM
cops here have some pretty sick cars. they take the ones that were street racing and impound them then give them to the cops to use as squad cars. there is a 05 GT that is black 4 camaros (2 of which are cammed and have full bolt ons and worked heads) and a few other cars liek jeeps and what not. I would not dare try to out run a cop that has a cb and a cammed camaro that has been worked like that lol.

levi505
06-29-2005, 10:52 AM
I race whenever i get the chance to. not so much on the street anymore since i got busted in my boys car with him in the passenger seat. heavy fines and his car got impounded and sold at auction. i still run on the street every once and a while but mostly on the track now. :dance: