PDA

View Full Version : Add any comments here to make Got Stang? even better!

J
11-08-2004, 02:30 PM
Please post anything you want to be seen here.. I wrote the gotstang ranks/web interface so if you want anything added please suggest it!

Forum ideas are welcome too!

CODY2003
11-08-2004, 02:34 PM
It may not seem like much, but I really like te feature that lets others see who is viewing a thread. That would be cool here if you like. :o
[edit] I also noticed that in our profiles, the lettering is white on a white background.

_eazy_
11-08-2004, 02:37 PM
this board shold encorperate everything other boards have :cool:

this is hopefully gonna kick a$$

J
11-08-2004, 03:16 PM
It may not seem like much, but I really like te feature that lets others see who is viewing a thread. That would be cool here if you like. :o
[edit] I also noticed that in our profiles, the lettering is white on a white background.
Enabling this option will show the current users browsing a particular forum on forumdisplay.php while adding one query. This can have an effect on performance. The Alphabetical option requires more resources than the random option.

Enabled :)

CODY2003
11-08-2004, 08:16 PM
Thx. much better
I was thinking you might want to make a general apperance forum, concidering that the engine classification sections would be more oriented toward performance mods. Just a thought.

_eazy_
11-08-2004, 08:21 PM
and a good thought too... like, have a Body, Interior, and Misc. thread

csc
11-08-2004, 08:22 PM
dont see nothin bad yet, but i'll let ya kno if i do!

Domin8stang
11-08-2004, 10:33 PM
yah i'll talk to j about that stuff cody, and maybe we'll add it...maybe just a general Mustang Forum, where all that stuff can go...we dont want to dividethings up into too many little areas u know...so maybe a anything mustangs forum...

Frank Drebin
11-08-2004, 11:02 PM
I'd like to have a link at the bottom om the thread to refresh and redirect you to the forum you're in.

Domin8stang
11-08-2004, 11:50 PM
i'll let jay know in the morning and see if we cant do that :thumbup:

232stang
11-08-2004, 11:58 PM
why is it that in every thread that i post, i automatically subscribe :confused:

232stang
11-09-2004, 12:03 AM
is there any way to not view the thread backwards?

Frank Drebin
11-09-2004, 12:15 AM
is there any way to not view the thread backwards?

User CP > Edit Options > Thread display options.

232stang
11-09-2004, 12:38 AM
good stuff

Jetlag
11-09-2004, 01:07 AM
Also a "Wheels and Tire" forum.

I'm having trouble deciding what kind of rims to buy :)

J
11-09-2004, 09:46 AM
Just fixed the drop down menus... and the jump to top of page is now enabled.

_eazy_
11-09-2004, 03:08 PM
Also a "Wheels and Tire" forum.

I'm having trouble deciding what kind of rims to buy :)

post that in the appearence forum... we're keeping things down to a minium for simplicity :thumbup:

Stang Gurl
11-09-2004, 10:07 PM
Hi Guys!
Some of you already know me from 3.8. For those who don't. Im stang gurl!
First of all, the site looks awesome... good job guys! :j:
I have two suggestions to keep this site amazing:

To the moderators:
You are the authority figures of the forum. You set examples and maintain order on the boards. Its an important job and full of responsibility. Other forums have allowed thier mods to treat members with disrespect and abuse thier mod status. Maintain the rules and show everyone respect and the moral of this site will be unlike any other mustang site and make it a more friendly environment for members old and new.

To the members:
Members are going to disagree and not share the same views 100% of the time. It's perfectly kool to agree to disagree. Keeping the flaming to a minimum will not only make this site a more comfortable place to visit and encourage other folks to register, but, it will also ease the load that the moderators have to deal with and keep them in a good mood lol. I realize we are all human and have disagreements or make jokes. But knowing when the joke or disagreement is over, inappropriate, hurtful, not needed, or heading in an ugly direction is key in preventing flame wars and dampering the success of this site.

Personally, I love visiting my mustang forums. But like everyone else, I don't like getting flamed for having different tastes and such. Lets all try to appriciate everyones diversity in thier cars and thier personalities and this site is going to OWN ALL!

Thanks for letting me speak my mind and I look forward to making new mustang friends here.

Kimberly
Stang Gurl
:devil:

AutumnOrangeGT
11-09-2004, 10:09 PM
Hi Guys!

To the moderators:
You are the authority figures of the forum. You set examples and maintain order on the boards. Its an important job and full of responsibility. Other forums have allowed thier mods to treat members with disrespect and abuse thier mod status. Maintain the rules and show everyone respect and the moral of this site will be unlike any other mustang site and make it a more friendly environment for members old and new.

To the members:
Members are going to disagree and not share the same views 100% of the time. It's perfectly kool to agree to disagree. Keeping the flaming to a minimum will not only make this site a more comfortable place to visit and encourage other folks to register, but, it will also ease the load that the moderators have to deal with and keep them in a good mood lol. I realize we are all human and have disagreements or make jokes. But knowing when the joke or disagreement is over, inappropriate, hurtful, not needed, or heading in an ugly direction is key in preventing flame wars and dampering the success of this site.

Personally, I love visiting my mustang forums. But like everyone else, I don't like getting flamed for having different tastes and such. Lets all try to appriciate everyones diversity in thier cars and thier personalities and this site is going to OWN ALL!

Thanks for letting me speak my mind and I look forward to making new mustang friends here.

Kimberly
Stang Gurl

exactly why i should be a mod.. :)

_eazy_
11-09-2004, 10:12 PM
Hi Guys!

To the moderators:

To the members:

Kimberly
Stang Gurl

Well spoken. :thumbup:

_eazy_
11-09-2004, 10:13 PM
exactly why i should be a mod.. :)

We have plenty of mods for now. When more members come (many more members) there will be a time for increased moderation. You'll be one of the first on the list. :cool:

Stang Gurl
11-09-2004, 10:25 PM
Well spoken. :thumbup:
Thanks

AutumnOrangeGT
11-09-2004, 10:27 PM
We have plenty of mods for now. When more members come (many more members) there will be a time for increased moderation. You'll be one of the first on the list. :cool:

:cool:

J
11-09-2004, 10:32 PM
Thanks
are those your eyes ??

_eazy_
11-09-2004, 10:33 PM
are those your eyes ??

If they are: :drool:

Stang Gurl
11-09-2004, 10:37 PM
are those your eyes ??
LOL no those arent my eyes lol... that sig is a joke from another forum lol... that IS my car tho lol :devil:

Domin8stang
11-09-2004, 10:38 PM
hahha that must be from 3.8 and the ub3r nazi mods there sometimes, most are laid back, but some are power hungry

Stang Gurl
11-09-2004, 10:40 PM
hahha that must be from 3.8 and the ub3r nazi mods there sometimes, most are laid back, but some are power hungry
NATE! How the hell are ya! Kool site mah nucca. Yes, my sig is a defiance of 3.8 and their nazi ass mods. (some... not all)
:fart:

_eazy_
11-09-2004, 10:45 PM
NATE! How the hell are ya! Kool site mah nucca. Yes, my sig is a defiance of 3.8 and their nazi ass mods. (some... not all)
:fart:

Silly sixers.

232stang
11-09-2004, 10:50 PM
why is it that in every thread that i post, i automatically subscribe :confused:

Stang Gurl
11-09-2004, 10:54 PM
Silly sixers.
Ah come one now lol.... :fart:

_eazy_
11-09-2004, 11:00 PM
Ah come one now lol.... :fart:

im j/k. all my friends drive v6 stangs. im the only one at my school with a 1999+ GT

Stang Gurl
11-09-2004, 11:03 PM
im j/k. all my friends drive v6 stangs. im the only one at my school with a 1999+ GT
I wanted a GT but two things stood in my way:

A) they wouldnt finance me for that much $$$ and...
2) I cant drive a stick lol....

The dealership here just got in a new 05 GT tho... Im thinking about taking that baby out for a test run and learning how to drive a stick on that biotch hahaha.

_eazy_
11-09-2004, 11:06 PM
I wanted a GT but two things stood in my way:

A) they wouldnt finance me for that much $$$ and...
2) I cant drive a stick lol....

The dealership here just got in a new 05 GT tho... Im thinking about taking that baby out for a test run and learning how to drive a stick on that biotch hahaha.

Just takes practice like nothing else. A good teacher helps :cool:

PM me if you want some easy tips for getting started~

Stang Gurl
11-09-2004, 11:32 PM
Just takes practice like nothing else. A good teacher helps :cool:

Yeah my husband tried to teach me but we just got distracted with sex lmfao... sorry jk lol

_eazy_
11-09-2004, 11:48 PM
Yeah my husband tried to teach me but we just got distracted with sex lmfao... sorry jk lol

yeah that tends to happen with sticks ;)

AutumnOrangeGT
11-10-2004, 12:23 AM
its easy to learn, rev to 3k, drop clutch, flore it, shift again....

Da Mighty Anteater
11-10-2004, 03:19 AM
Easy suggestion for the boards.

After making a post, you have to scroll all the way to the top to get back to the link to the list of threads.

If I could say, get to the lounge, by clicking a link at the bottom of the page instead of having to scrroll all the way up... I would be very happy.

Great site! :j:

_eazy_
11-10-2004, 07:20 AM

After making a post, you have to scroll all the way to the top to get back to the link to the list of threads.

If I could say, get to the lounge, by clicking a link at the bottom of the page instead of having to scrroll all the way up... I would be very happy.

I suggested that a couple days ago... and someone else said it again yesterday. I'll see what i can get him to do. :thumbup:

J
11-10-2004, 07:55 AM

Welcome to the site bud... and there is a "jump to top" link way at the bottom of the page.. is this not what yer talkin about?

Da Mighty Anteater
11-10-2004, 11:06 AM
Welcome to the site bud... and there is a "jump to top" link way at the bottom of the page.. is this not what yer talkin about?

That will do I suppose, but it would be just nice to jump straight back to the list then jump to the top and then jump to the the list.

_eazy_
11-10-2004, 05:48 PM
That will do I suppose, but it would be just nice to jump straight back to the list then jump to the top and then jump to the the list.

exactly.

BruntzySVT
11-11-2004, 06:26 PM
mod me!

DrewSStanG
11-12-2004, 09:27 PM
alternate the colors on the rows and colums for the forum

bgc2004
11-16-2004, 08:19 PM
I think it looks really good.

MustangFan
11-17-2004, 05:39 AM
I would like to post under the s/n (MustangFan) I originally chose when I signed up tp GS.com

Stang Gurl
11-17-2004, 08:35 AM
I have another suggestion guys... could you add a RULES sticky somewhere so that folks know what will get them warnings, bans, and what they are not supposed to do on the site? We had an incident over last night that kept me busy and they remarked that they could do what they wanted because they werent breaking any of the rules. I think the rules need to be specifically outlined for the good of the site. JMO.

thanks
Stang Gurl

spiffy
11-19-2004, 02:30 PM
*random idea* what if u had a list of top ten fastest? have people prove there speed with pics of them holding there time slips

_eazy_
11-19-2004, 02:31 PM
*random idea* what if u had a list of top ten fastest? have people prove there speed with pics of them holding there time slips

already in the making ;)

spiffy
11-19-2004, 02:44 PM
already in the making ;)sweet

spiffy
12-15-2004, 11:22 PM
mod forum?

95mustang302
12-29-2004, 01:49 AM
cant wait 2 see that time slip section!!!

J
12-29-2004, 08:18 AM
already in the making ;)
really? who is making this?

AcidKoolz
12-29-2004, 02:04 PM
rut row, someones in trouble

CODY2003
01-01-2005, 07:03 PM
Just an little detail, but when I edit the title of one of my threads it changes in the actuall thread but not on the forum page. Can you change this? I updated my thread and the title didn't change so noone knows. :cussing:

J
01-01-2005, 07:35 PM
You have to have admin to do that currently... let me check on this.

J
01-01-2005, 07:43 PM
OK... try re-editing your thread.

_eazy_
01-01-2005, 09:22 PM
@ the time i posted that i ran the idea by you a couple times and you thought it was fine... so i figured you were doing that

J
01-01-2005, 09:35 PM
What exactly do you want to see? A timeslip section on gotstang.com? like in their profile? They have an option to upload a timeslip?

_eazy_
01-01-2005, 09:38 PM
What exactly do you want to see? A timeslip section on gotstang.com? like in their profile? They have an option to upload a timeslip?
make a new section (in the forums) titled GotStang's Fastest

and go in order of time... do 1/4 and 1/8 mile times..

you put it something like this (exclude the dots)

Name.....1/4 mile time & mph......1/8 mile time & mph......r/t.....60'.....mods

J
01-01-2005, 09:40 PM
oh so just use the forums?

I mean I dont want to have duplicate data... there is already a 1/4 time over at gotstang.com...

_eazy_
01-01-2005, 09:43 PM
oh so just use the forums?

I mean I dont want to have duplicate data... there is already a 1/4 time over at gotstang.com...
then rename that to GotStang's fastest and link it to the new forum

CODY2003
01-01-2005, 09:53 PM
OK... try re-editing your thread.
No worky.

J
01-01-2005, 10:08 PM
No worky.
OK try it once more.. I guess setting the allowed time to edit a thread title to 0 only disables it all together instead of allowing it all times... I set it to like 1000000000000000000000000000000 seconds... so try it now.

CODY2003
01-01-2005, 10:17 PM
OK try it once more.. I guess setting the allowed time to edit a thread title to 0 only disables it all together instead of allowing it all times... I set it to like 1000000000000000000000000000000 seconds... so try it now.
T/Y

Me Win! :dance:

redpony
01-11-2005, 10:35 AM
Awesome site, really like the wallpaper

CODY2003
01-14-2005, 09:15 AM
Hey J. I was thinkin, on the main page the user tools that you have on the left are kinda small. What about making buttons instead of just hyperlinks so that people like me with higher resolutions can click them easier. :thumpupn:

J
01-14-2005, 09:24 AM
Hey J. I was thinkin, on the main page the user tools that you have on the left are kinda small. What about making buttons instead of just hyperlinks so that people like me with higher resolutions can click them easier. :thumpupn:
rofl im in the process of doing the extras right now... I will do the menus on the left next.. great suggestion :)

Dreaco
02-26-2005, 08:47 PM
j we could use a menu to pm ppl that are online with out going it to that forum and clicking their name, also a quick link to check the pms old new and sent...Thanks

Robert

J
02-26-2005, 08:58 PM
j we could use a menu to pm ppl that are online with out going it to that forum and clicking their name, also a quick link to check the pms old new and sent...Thanks

Robert
Ill work on this tomorrow night.

Novidlx
03-07-2005, 05:29 PM
Hey J,
Sure would be nice to have a supercharger smilie, Thanks.

:thanks:

J
03-07-2005, 05:33 PM
Hey J,
Sure would be nice to have a supercharger smilie, Thanks.

:thanks:
can you post an example?

Novidlx
03-07-2005, 05:38 PM
I'll try to find one, may take awhile.

Novidlx
03-07-2005, 05:43 PM
no luck yet,i'll keep looking.

Novidlx
03-07-2005, 06:35 PM
J,
As of now i can't find one. I'll let you know when i do.

C-YAA

4havnfun
04-19-2005, 07:57 PM
I'm liking the site but I'm having trouble keeping track of which stangs I've already ranked. It would be nice if the ranking pages showed you which ones you had already ranked.

Just my 0.02 worth. :beerchug:

stalkerbabe
04-19-2005, 08:04 PM
http://www.gotstang.com/maint.php?edit=whovoted

stalkerbabe
04-19-2005, 08:06 PM
nevermind!
did i help you

4havnfun
04-26-2005, 12:19 PM
http://www.gotstang.com/maint.php?edit=whovoted

Thanks but what I was looking for was some way of figuring out who I hadn't ranked yet out of all of the members with websites. I started going through the web sites one by one but as people get ranked they move around and I've lost track of which ones I have done. It would be great if the same red/green indicator that shows up when you look at who has ranked you could show up when you displayed the car ranks. Showing the existing score you gave them would also be a nice touch.

J
04-26-2005, 12:34 PM
Thanks but what I was looking for was some way of figuring out who I hadn't ranked yet out of all of the members with websites. I started going through the web sites one by one but as people get ranked they move around and I've lost track of which ones I have done. It would be great if the same red/green indicator that shows up when you look at who has ranked you could show up when you displayed the car ranks. Showing the existing score you gave them would also be a nice touch.
I was going to do this... I just dont see a point... When yer browsing the site... and you see someone... its quicker to click on their website then to scroll through a list of 50+ names to see if you have ranked them... IMO.

4havnfun
04-26-2005, 01:24 PM
I was going to do this... I just dont see a point... When yer browsing the site... and you see someone... its quicker to click on their website then to scroll through a list of 50+ names to see if you have ranked them... IMO.

It falls under the category of "different strokes for different folks". It would work for me but if you see it another way that's cool as well.

J
04-26-2005, 01:28 PM
It falls under the category of "different strokes for different folks". It would work for me but if you see it another way that's cool as well.
The only way to maybe make this work would to make the persons username/website link a different color if yuo havent ranked them yet....

Jim03svt
04-28-2005, 02:47 AM
This is a maintainence idea.
I was wondering how possible it would be to add a delete check box to the private guestbook messages, so that if a member has accumulated HUNDREDS they could check the boxes then click on ONE delete link to clean it up. I had let mine build up since November...had 400 plus and it took me all night to delete them. I will try to clean house more often in the future, but I thought I'd throw this idea out here and see what y'all thought.

4havnfun
04-28-2005, 06:15 AM
The only way to maybe make this work would to make the persons username/website link a different color if yuo havent ranked them yet....
Thant would work for me :beerchug:

4havnfun
06-01-2005, 05:18 PM
Just noticed that the car ranking provided on this page is actually one better than your actual ranking.

nufc1
06-05-2005, 12:48 AM
hi J let me say you are puttong so much work into this site ! and i know i mat be a pest BUT . you did great with the delete old messages ! could you do the same with the upload to your web site as well SORRY but my pute is slow ! and when i get into loading pics i forget to delete the and wow i got %hit loads of pics taking up space . you did it once could you do it to get rid of pics uploded to website as well ? hope you dont think i am a bother ! if you do lmao tuff luck i love this site so much you will have to BAN me . cheers m8

LeonSORTX
06-09-2005, 12:35 AM
Hey J!!!

I really enjoy the website !! This is a great idea ya got going here..... Maybe you can add an "Event Calendar" so Members of clubs can add any big events or meets?

Leon

levi505
06-24-2005, 10:28 AM
was wondering if the t-shirts come in black with white lettering and if not could it? would love to get a black shirt. thanx

crimsonblack
06-24-2005, 08:27 PM
I think there should be Best of on the site. Stuff like "BEST" Engine 5.0 and 4.6, Interior upgrade/mod Fox Body & SN95 models (or all together with bonus points for the age of the vehicle; body mod; rim appearance on a mustang; girl on a mustang; etc. The site spends to much time worrying about rating each other for points that don't mean anything, rather than using this great site for sharing ideas, experiences, modifications, how to's and so on.

What about a "How To" area for Got Stang? I have seen some great after market add-ons and modifications that these people are doing themselves. They could take pictures and explain how the step by step is done. This would make others more comfortable tearing the pony down if they knew what was involved to do it. Wing Doors, interior mods, engine upgrades, ground effects kits, prepping to get the pony painted, whatever.

hrsepwrbrat
07-29-2005, 06:41 PM
Ok I have a suggestion. If you already have it and I missed it, sorry! How about a thing where you can read what you replied to someone in the guestbook? I sometimes check it real quick and don't remember whether I replied to someone or not...

LeonSORTX
07-31-2005, 04:38 PM
was wondering if the t-shirts come in black with white lettering and if not could it? would love to get a black shirt. thanx

A big "Bump" on the black shirt!! I would buy one!! Also I would like to see a feature where you can search by year of make for all the Mustangs here!!

Leon

sublime302
07-31-2005, 11:07 PM
yeah black shirt would be good, i'd buy one... and a black tank shirt for my girl too...

nufc1
08-09-2005, 06:45 AM
j can we have a slightly larger avatar ?????????

J
08-09-2005, 08:00 AM
j can we have a slightly larger avatar ?????????
On the forums? Or on gotstang.com?

nufc1
08-12-2005, 06:19 AM
why not both there seems to be plenty room . just a thought

cdhstang
09-04-2005, 01:53 PM
A section that breaks it into section of the US

Nicoleb3x3
09-18-2005, 12:54 AM
What about a contest? I'd like to be able to win something! Like a GotStang hoody!

Black Stallion
10-03-2005, 01:34 PM
I think a section for people with Steeda mustangs would be pretty sweet. I mean we have a Roush and Saleen section, why not Steeda? Just my .02 :devil: Keep up the great work J, love the site.

Nicoleb3x3
10-18-2005, 06:43 PM
Hi J, when you get time can you consider this?

-Upload files...add option to upload multiple files..similar to the manage web site area?

-Option to change the default text size in the user's new posts...I always like to post in size 2...but need to do it manually each time I post???

crimsonblack
10-31-2005, 12:21 PM
Yeah, size 2 default would be nice. Everyone seems to be using it, and having to do it for every entry makes it a pain in the rumpola.

fordfanboi
12-07-2005, 11:29 AM
The thing I like most about the OTHER site I frequent is that it allows full HTML code on my pages. I'm able to order / size the pics, embed a movie, etc. That's the only thing that held me back from moving in here back in April? when I joined, allthough, I'm trying to move in now. ;)

Any chance we'll be able to have more control on our pages here? :naughty:

J
12-07-2005, 11:43 AM
The thing I like most about the OTHER site I frequent is that it allows full HTML code on my pages. I'm able to order / size the pics, embed a movie, etc. That's the only thing that held me back from moving in here back in April? when I joined, allthough, I'm trying to move in now. ;)

Any chance we'll be able to have more control on our pages here? :naughty:
Please speak up, what do you want to be able to do? The only HTML code I strip out is javascript.

fordfanboi
12-07-2005, 11:51 AM
Hold that thought... looks like I can do more than previously stated! :smack:

I do have JS on my other pages, but it's not an absolute need. Damn - teach me to post before actually trying it again! My bad!

Was HTML available before April too?

fordfanboi
12-07-2005, 02:16 PM
Cool - managed to get most of it over! Thanks for the heads up! :beerchug:

J
12-07-2005, 02:19 PM
Hold that thought... looks like I can do more than previously stated! :smack:

I do have JS on my other pages, but it's not an absolute need. Damn - teach me to post before actually trying it again! My bad!

Was HTML available before April too?
HTML has been available since GS went live last year

MachGT
12-07-2005, 02:54 PM
I think it would be good if we could vote on our cars in the car show as well. I know of a few people who won't vote in their category just cuz they can't vote for themselves and don't want to help someone else beat them

fordfanboi
12-07-2005, 04:11 PM
HTML has been available since GS went live last year

Geez - where was my head when I first tried it out?!?! http://www.rankmyride.com/images/s_/10.gif

Sorry!

stangracer44t
12-24-2005, 03:40 AM
Is there any way to change your gsm# display picture that shows up in your profile? And if not it would be cool if it could be changed so that you can do so.

J
12-24-2005, 10:08 PM
Is there any way to change your gsm# display picture that shows up in your profile? And if not it would be cool if it could be changed so that you can do so.
Which profile picture are you referring to?

stangracer44t
01-15-2006, 02:48 AM
When you go to view somebodys profile from say there website when u click on there profile button. It shows there GSM# logo right below General info. Thats the pic i'm referring to.

ClintEastwood
09-07-2006, 01:05 AM
We could use a reputation system. Im sure you have seen it on other forums. It would show us who is contributing to the site.

Droptop2001GT
10-24-2006, 02:32 PM
J, I think it's time for a new pony icon that represents 50,000 points. :thumpupn:

Droptop2001GT
04-05-2007, 12:30 PM
J, I think it's time for a new pony icon that represents 50,000 points. :thumpupn:
I think we definitely need a 50k point horse now. There are some people with a TON of those 10k horses.

91GT347
04-05-2007, 01:22 PM
this is true.

88GTGirl
05-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Unless I am missing something a better help or FAQ section would be helpful.. There are things I don't understand and can't find help on it.

crimsonblack
05-31-2007, 07:24 AM
Maybe a 100K horse would be a good idea now. Maybe a flo. green or bright yellow.

BLWN66
08-15-2007, 10:21 AM
Okay call me crazy. . .how about. . .a FORD BLUE background??? lol

Otherwise best Mustang Site on the net.

Squid
08-18-2007, 07:57 PM
I use the "Upload Photos" section then HTML link to them on my web pages. When you do a show photos or a preview from the car show, these photos don't show up. Any way to add them into the mix for people to see?

jsdeering
05-14-2008, 04:15 PM
how do you get classified.

bucket
05-14-2008, 05:34 PM
go here and click get classified

http://www.gotstang.com/membersbyclass.php#jump