PDA

View Full Version : what is needed????

livefast68
06-16-2005, 02:21 PM
:hmmm: i have a friend that owns a 94 ( or 95 not sure) base model 6 banger. go ahead and laugh but he has a 'stang while i currently dont.... and we were wondering how much trouble is it to swap over a CARBED v8 mainly a 351W or 427 stroker? we can get our hands on a 351W and 5 speed dirt cheap and since a 5.0 and 5.8 are basically the same block and he COULD have had a 5.0 ........ we know the basics would be needed like of course motor tranny and possibly rear end.....anything else? i mean we are gonna run a carb not FI and we dont need A/C. thanks everyone and hope to hear from some one soon.

NoSlo5.0
06-16-2005, 06:41 PM
Motor tranny stuff is easy. Making the speedometer stuff work isn't (maybe). Fuel system needs to be converted to a low pressure style. Easy to do.

livefast68
06-16-2005, 08:46 PM
so..... we would have to change out fuel pumps and motor/tranny and possibly the rear end. not worried about guages immediately...... those we can get later....lol
thats awesome now knowing a 351 or the stroker 427 will fit without to much trouble. what kind of cowl hood would be needed or would a stock one fit? thanks for ANY info....

fastmustangs1
06-26-2005, 09:57 PM
The motor tranny and rear end shouldn't be a problem. You might have a problem with the electrical like the speedo, computer etc. :nutkick:

6seclx
06-28-2005, 11:15 AM
well if you take the a/c unit out you would have a whole lot more room to put a bigger motor but if you do big block the whole front end might have to be removed to fit it but other than that its fairly easy

Cobra67
08-27-2005, 07:07 PM
th only problem is passing state inspection provided your state has that (Va. does and you would get busted for non factory emissions). The actual installation would be no problem. Let your imagination run wild. By the way the windsor engines should fit without many height problems, with all the different air cleaners out there. :nxnos: :gso: :gso: :nxnos: