PDA

View Full Version : how much is to much

slickmustang
06-15-2005, 08:38 PM
I got a 94 cobra with a soon to go in it a 342 low compression short block that D&D built with a cam they cut for it all the good parts in it with crane electronic's to retart the timing and I got a meth inj.system to go in it to cool it a little with a pro-m 80 mm MAF with 42 lb inj and lot's of other stuff but what's the most boost can I get away with on a Kenny Bell blower with a 14 lb pully that was on it when I got it.Im thinking it can handle it has anyone out there run or seen somthing like this with this kind of boost run ok? slickmustang

NoSlo5.0
06-16-2005, 06:39 PM
Too close to the limit of the stock shortblock for my comfort. What heads? What lower intake?

slickmustang
06-16-2005, 07:51 PM
The short block isn't stock D & D built it with the good rods and crank and pistons with a girdle to help hold it togather because I told them that a blower was going on it and the heads are the GT 40's with a port job with bigger exhaust valves.So im not to worryed about the block unless I get over 500 hp and with the cam they cut for topping out at 6,500 RPM im not planning on running that kind of RPM very much.I put a lot of money trying to get it to berth as much as possible with the off road x-pipe and long tube headers. Slickmustang

fastmustangs1
06-26-2005, 04:05 PM
I wouldn't push the stock block to its limits. I would just stay around that before I pushed it to hard. :wow: