PDA

View Full Version : NEW JOB !!!

My Cobra
06-04-2005, 10:39 PM
Well i got offered a job with Verizon on friday. I will be doing installs on business lines and some home lines. I have decided to take the job. The job pays twice as much as the one i am at now and has all of the stuff we want later in life when it is time to retire. Will be good to move out and get my own place (About 30 min from where i live now) and a decent job. Went and looked at places today. Found one right on the lake that is nice and would be well within my price range :) Just figured i would update you guys from the last time i applied for the job. :nailbite:

coopdog21
06-04-2005, 10:41 PM
Well i got offered a job with Verizon on friday. I will be doing installs on business lines and some home lines. I have decided to take the job. The job pays twice as much as the one i am at now and has all of the stuff we want later in life when it is time to retire. Will be good to move out and get my own place (About 30 min from where i live now) and a decent job. Went and looked at places today. Found one right on the lake that is nice and would be well within my price range :) Just figured i would update you guys from the last time i applied for the job. :nailbite:
congrats :clap:

nufc1
06-04-2005, 11:15 PM
hey great congrats you are a local guy ? where you thinking of going to ?, hope everything works out great for you

NoSlo5.0
06-04-2005, 11:26 PM
That's great. Congrats to you.

blown93feature
06-04-2005, 11:32 PM
Hey that's great! I hope it all works out for ya. :thumpupn:

tweety
06-05-2005, 08:47 AM
Congratz :devil:

My Cobra
06-05-2005, 09:01 AM
Thanks! I can not wait. Will be good to finaly get away from the hotel i have been stuck at for so long. place is getting crazy. Plus i get to do a little traveling.

Cobra94
06-05-2005, 10:59 AM
welcome to Verizon!
welcome to verizon.wav (http://www.gotstang.com/download.php?3019)

NoSlo5.0
06-05-2005, 11:27 AM
Thanks! I can not wait. Will be good to finaly get away from the hotel i have been stuck at for so long. place is getting crazy. Plus i get to do a little traveling.

Let's be real! You got to DOUBLE your income :)

Rwest75
06-05-2005, 01:21 PM
Congrats on the new job? where in NC are you relocating to or are you moving out of state?

Ryan

My Cobra
06-05-2005, 02:37 PM
Yea I am working at a hotel in franklin i was given a promotion to supervisor and given 13 an hour. But then there were new owners and he cut every persons pay down. so i am making about 8 an hour now. I was not too happy with this so i said screw it. I went and took all the tests passed them all (7 peopel out of 250 passed it) so i was given a few interviews and was told that i could have a job in Murphy about 40 miles from where i live now but i have to move there if i want the job. He said that he was tired of people tryign to commute. So i told them i would take it. Went and found a nice cabin on the lake. this job pays 16 starting out then in 6 months i am given 19 then in a year i am given 22 an hour. I get to travel to diffrent places to train. The only draw back is that i would have to give up a relationship with my girlfriend that we have put over a year and a half in to. Everybody says i woudl be stupid not to take it. They say that if she wanted things to go on she would adjust to the new place but if not then let it go. Hard to make a choice like that. But i had to pick the future of my job secruity. hopefully i have made the right choice.

_eazy_
06-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Yea I am working at a hotel in franklin i was given a promotion to supervisor and given 13 an hour. But then there were new owners and he cut every persons pay down. so i am making about 8 an hour now. I was not too happy with this so i said screw it. I went and took all the tests passed them all (7 peopel out of 250 passed it) so i was given a few interviews and was told that i could have a job in Murphy about 40 miles from where i live now but i have to move there if i want the job. He said that he was tired of people tryign to commute. So i told them i would take it. Went and found a nice cabin on the lake. this job pays 16 starting out then in 6 months i am given 19 then in a year i am given 22 an hour. I get to travel to diffrent places to train. The only draw back is that i would have to give up a relationship with my girlfriend that we have put over a year and a half in to. Everybody says i woudl be stupid not to take it. They say that if she wanted things to go on she would adjust to the new place but if not then let it go. Hard to make a choice like that. But i had to pick the future of my job secruity. hopefully i have made the right choice.
win some, lose some. money and future > being broke with g/f

J
06-05-2005, 03:09 PM
Well the more money you have .. the more gas you can put in the car to go see her :)

BonesGT
06-05-2005, 03:55 PM
Glad to hear you got something you were lookign for bro!!!! Now you will have gas money to come down to SC some for Mountains Runs, Pool Parties, & Cook Outs...hehehehe

My Cobra
06-05-2005, 04:06 PM
Sounds good. Bones. Hopefully i can get to go on a few runs with the members of BMC again. sorry i missed the past few i been really busy.

Roush2960
06-05-2005, 05:09 PM

Congrats..I just start a new job about two weeks ago.

My Cobra
06-05-2005, 05:11 PM
Nice what are you doing now?

ChromaLusion
06-05-2005, 05:16 PM
congrats

My Cobra
06-08-2005, 08:20 AM
congrats

Leo
06-08-2005, 09:25 AM
congrats

Roush2960
06-08-2005, 12:12 PM
Nice what are you doing now?

Release engineer/Lab manager for a networking company here in town. Worst part is my commute is only tem minutes door to door. Hard to enjoy the roush with that short a commute.

My Cobra
06-08-2005, 12:13 PM
ha ha ha yea i would say so. 20 min a day does not seem fair at all.

YaLeenVert
06-08-2005, 12:27 PM
My mom use to say "good things happen to good people"! Best of luck in your new job, congrats! :beerchug:

MdniteMustang00
06-08-2005, 12:32 PM
Congrats!! That's great!!

I've got an interview today for a new full time job...and im quitting my 2nd job...
But the new job would be 30 miles closer to home!!!

MachGT
06-08-2005, 01:04 PM
Congrats man! :)

Roush2960
06-08-2005, 02:11 PM
Congrats!! That's great!!

I've got an interview today for a new full time job...and im quitting my 2nd job...
But the new job would be 30 miles closer to home!!!

Hope you get it. The market is definaly picking up. I cant stop the recuriters from calling and emialing me. Thats not bad thing..just a bit fustrating.