PDA

View Full Version : *** NEW FEATURE *** Member of the month....

J
06-03-2005, 10:54 AM
Tweety has volunteered to do the member of the month.... I think this help you guys get to know each other a little bit better... So tidy up your pages!!

The member of the month does not mean you have 'the best car'... Its just a way of choosing someone who should be recognized... I may be adding a suggestion box so you guys can choose who you would like to see as the member of the month....

Enjoy!

04Saleen
06-03-2005, 11:05 AM
That really sounds like a cool idea.....GO TWEETY!!!!!

ClintEastwood
06-03-2005, 11:09 AM
pshht im so gonna win.

Jim03svt
06-03-2005, 11:47 AM
Tweety has volunteered to do the member of the month.... I think this help you guys get to know each other a little bit better... So tidy up your pages!!

The member of the month does not mean you have 'the best car'... Its just a way of choosing someone who should be recognized... I may be adding a suggestion box so you guys can choose who you would like to see as the member of the month....

Enjoy!

great addition J !!

:thumbup: wtg kelly :thumbup:

spiffy
06-03-2005, 11:52 AM
nice :devil:

306Stang
06-03-2005, 12:10 PM
great idea!!

MysticCobraGirl
06-03-2005, 12:52 PM
Great idea Tweety!

Nice new addition to the site as well!

tweety
06-03-2005, 01:41 PM
Thanks all, on a side note to all the newbies, get your sites up :devil:

SDRMustang1
06-03-2005, 01:43 PM
so that means if we want to be member of the month, we need to bribe tweety, got it thanks!!

Hmongstang
06-03-2005, 02:16 PM
that would be neat if i become member of the month :hahaa: good idea

_eazy_
06-03-2005, 02:45 PM
you mentiond something about tidying up the pages

i strongly disagree that the best member is based on the website... we already have something that recognizes that. i believe the best member award should stritly have to do with forums. (the member who helps most, ect)

just my .02

J
06-03-2005, 02:49 PM
you mentiond something about tidying up the pages

i strongly disagree that the best member is based on the website... we already have something that recognizes that. i believe the best member award should stritly have to do with forums. (the member who helps most, ect)

just my .02
Some people on the forums dont even have stangs. lol

_eazy_
06-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Some people on the forums dont even have stangs. lol

?

So tidy up your pages!!

? X2

Thanks for clearing that up.

amyinastang
06-03-2005, 06:24 PM
I agree with Easy.

There are certain mebers who just seem to outshine others as far as being a great forum family member( stang or not) and I feel this is what it should be based on

just my 2 cents worth.

_eazy_
06-04-2005, 12:18 AM
I agree with Easy.

There are certain mebers who just seem to outshine others as far as being a great forum family member( stang or not) and I feel this is what it should be based on

just my 2 cents worth.
thanks for emphasizing my point ;)

what's yours BTW J???

Cobra94
06-04-2005, 11:09 AM
J, it would seem everytime you create any new feature it adds some kinda of controversy.

GS is not just about forums or websites, but both. together they make 1 great mustang site. the reason why many off us are here. memeber of the month can be chosen from any part of it. not just from the Forums or GS Website, maybe a combinaton

J
06-04-2005, 12:14 PM
Easy so what yer telling me is you havent checked out a members contributions to the site if they havent posted on the forums? Get real.

_eazy_
06-04-2005, 03:32 PM
Easy so what yer telling me is you havent checked out a members contributions to the site if they havent posted on the forums? Get real.
Actually, no. I havn't. The only time i've ever check out a site is if I see something on the forums (like someone's sig or something). I don't rank people unless they directly ask me to, (and sometimes I don't even do that) and I don't do anything on the GS mainpage except host files, resize images, ect.

Again, from my point of view, how can you determine if a member is helpful or friendly if they do not post? I think they can have NO website or a real shitty website and still be the best member. The best teacher award is based on the teacher's ability to teach, not how she dresses, what she drives, or how her classroom looks. I think I have a valid point here.

Cobra94, don't mistake collective critisism and suggestions for controversy. Just because I have an opinion doesn't mean I'm right or wrong. Just cause I feel like saying something on this matter doesn't mean I'm creating some sort of turmoil.

So, with all that out of the way, J can do whatever the hell he wants to with his site. However, J has come to ask the GS family what they think on this feature. I like the idea, I just noticed something J said and disagreed with him.

04redmach1
06-04-2005, 03:48 PM
I say get a hat put all names in it and draw one each month. And im like eazy i dont check too many folks sites. I work and dont have much time to go on here and look at 1000+ websites to pick someone. hell, iny miny miny moe will work too :lol:

_eazy_
06-04-2005, 03:54 PM
I say get a hat put all names in it and draw one each month. And im like eazy i dont check too many folks sites. I work and dont have much time to go on here and look at 1000+ websites to pick someone. hell, iny miny miny moe will work too :lol:

:smack:

Go back to modding your 4-wheeler or something.

04redmach1
06-04-2005, 03:56 PM
thats right smart @$$ im too bsy making car and 4 wheelers fast, not making go-peds fast.... EAZY=DORK :cockandba

_eazy_
06-04-2005, 03:59 PM
thats right smart @$$ im too bsy making car and 4 wheelers fast, not making go-peds fast.... EAZY=DORK :cockandba
i don't own a go-ped dumbshit.

oh, and why must you jiggle your cock while talking about me?

blown93feature
06-04-2005, 04:06 PM
IMOP, I think the whole picture should come into play. I guess it all depends on what you are looking for as far as what determens member of the month.

I think it should be more than just posting away because that's only one aspect of this site. I have gone to several sites, ranked and left a nice message and have gotten nothing in return not even a thanks, to me that's not being involved it's being irregant. If you ask me it should be someone who is involved in all angles, that is being the true teacher!
I hope this thing flys and is awarded to a member who is supportive in all aspects to this site.

04redmach1
06-04-2005, 05:11 PM
Cuz u remind e of it, one eye cant see, head no brain, hangs around with nutz, and asshole around the corner. >owned<

nufc1
06-05-2005, 01:04 AM
ok my 2 cents ... i agree with easy and blown ( disregarding the crap between easy and red co'mon is it so bad you have to go for it! like this ?) fun family!
ok let tweety pick , her idea let her run with it see how it goes . i trust that she wont pick friends give her the bennifit of the doubt ! . i mean there is a lot of work to be taken on adn she shouldnt have to put up with crap either!! ok said my bit i dont need any bad chit back ok . i only got 2cents worth smile be happy

Cobra94
06-05-2005, 04:10 PM
Cobra94, don't mistake collective critisism and suggestions for controversy. Just because I have an opinion doesn't mean I'm right or wrong. Just cause I feel like saying something on this matter doesn't mean I'm creating some sort of turmoil.

Oh hell no. im not. I have no prob with opinions. And i would never be that blind or ignorant. hell I've got mine. My point was not about your thoughts or opinion. Read it carefully, and I quote: "J, it would seem every time you create any new feature it adds some kinda of controversy." What was ment was every new feature weather it the hunt, faceoff, ultimate face off, breaking down the member points, whatever, ..someone posts about it and starts with an opinion (like yours). then it turns into an argument. Hell, i gave my opinion.

eazy, c'mon, we've talked, u know how I am. But watch, wait and see. the 1st time some one is picked, there will be some one there to bitch about it.

Rwest75
06-05-2005, 04:49 PM
I say add a button to eveyones site and one that shows up on the fourms that everyone can see everyone elses button but you can not see your own button, kinda like how you have it set to do nominations for the car show and the ultimate face off. You can nominate someone else but you cant nominate your self and you should only be allowed to nominate one person a week or month. Leave the nominations open for the first 3 weeks of the month then the top 5 nominees for member of the month can be voted on by eveyone. On the last day of the month the winner will be posted and featured the following month for the entire month. Also build in a feature where that person, while they are being featured as the member of the month, can not be nominated again for the rest of the year. At the end of the year, do a run off for Member of the year and that can be made up from all the past months members of the month. Kinda like how playboy does the centerfolds of the month for the playmate of the month (I read the articles :D) An automated process would make it everyones choice not just one persons and it would make it so that one person could not be accused of being a favorite.

Another option is for tweety to choose a few members she feels are worthy canidates and then let the GS community vote on it.

Ryan

nufc1
06-06-2005, 01:04 PM
ryan that sounds great i would hope they all think about what you just said . you got any old playmates lol j/k

Rwest75
06-06-2005, 01:59 PM
you got any old playmates lol j/k

No dont got them anymore. The wife urged me to throw them out after we got married cause she didnt want any of the kids to find them, and they would cause i did when i was a kid.....LOL. I later found out that i could have sold them on ebay. I havent read any since i was in Iraq and those were all sent over by other peoples friends and family. We were not allowed to bring them back with us though. The building I stayed in though, had a wall of nothing but cut out pics of chics from different magazines. It was called the great wall of va.... you get the idea. Another guy had a similiar wall and he named it " Women who wouldnt sleep with me in a million years" LOL

Ryan

nufc1
06-06-2005, 02:11 PM
lmao ahhhhhhhh well just asked cheers

storm7127
06-06-2005, 05:24 PM
:j: I knew we were good friends for some reason Tweety.

tweety
06-06-2005, 05:35 PM
ha ha. Nope it will all be done fairly :devil:

_eazy_
06-06-2005, 07:42 PM
Oh hell no. im not. I have no prob with opinions. And i would never be that blind or ignorant. hell I've got mine. My point was not about your thoughts or opinion. Read it carefully, and I quote: "J, it would seem every time you create any new feature it adds some kinda of controversy." What was ment was every new feature weather it the hunt, faceoff, ultimate face off, breaking down the member points, whatever, ..someone posts about it and starts with an opinion (like yours). then it turns into an argument. Hell, i gave my opinion.

eazy, c'mon, we've talked, u know how I am. But watch, wait and see. the 1st time some one is picked, there will be some one there to bitch about it.
agreed, but thats a given

OZ98Cobra
06-07-2005, 08:31 PM
MOTM is agreat idea - and for what it's worth, here's my two bits worth on the subject:

The very thing that has made GS a hit and that sets it apart from the multitude of same ol' forum based stang sites are the features offered on the main site - the Members Websites, the Tournament, The Hunt, the Face Offs, the Ranking system - the forum is just one part of a larger whole. Yes, forum participation should be considered as part of the criteria for selecting MOTM, but so should all the other areas.

Leo
06-08-2005, 09:28 AM
great idea. www.floridastreetscene.com has the same idea and i totally like the idea

93ramvert
06-08-2005, 09:57 AM
I agree that the MOTM should participate in all aspects of the website. That's what is going to set one member apart from another. 1 Person (Tweety since she has volunteered) should go thru and see what member has been involved in every aspect of the website and that person should be up for MOTM. I like some others have busted my ass ranking every web page here on Gotstang Last I looked over 500, in return I have gotten 270 ranks back to me. Someone isn't participating in the "whole" website. Some of these members are regularly on just the gorums others are on just the websites, but the bottom line is they are not well rounded and active in the "whole" website as J has designed it. You don't get employee of the month at Walmart because you stand behind the cash register and ring in shit, you get it for being well rounded.

MOTM is another great idea that should be based off of well rounded participation on the gotstang? website as a whole. :lol:

That's my .02, give me shit if you want, you can be guaranteed I'll give it back