PDA

View Full Version : What do you all want to do for a living?

StangDriver5650
11-22-2004, 09:39 PM
Once you're out of college.

I'm planning to fly F-16's in the Air Guard and then get on with an air carrier like Fed Ex, or an airline after the Guard. I got my pilots license when I was 17 and been working toward some more ratings so I'm on my way. :dance: If not that, maybe something in the mortgage business/real estate.

232stang
11-22-2004, 09:40 PM
auto technician

J
11-22-2004, 09:40 PM
Aircraft = The shit...

I am going to be a UNIX admin / Network Security Analyst... good shit.

_eazy_
11-22-2004, 09:47 PM
my dad has a carbon fiber company out that uses patented technology that cures the carbon fiber instatly thru a process of electrolosis. I plan to open my own branch off his company to where i'd make automotove parts for the mostang (everything from engine, to body, ton interior) for the mustangs... i'd work a lot with the 05... with this technology, i'd be able to make almost anything that normal carbon fiber processes couldnt even dream of.

i'll proally come out with the first carbon fiber wheels.. my dad and I have been desiging them for about a year now... i just need to get my design engineer degree

StangDriver5650
11-22-2004, 10:06 PM
my dad has a carbon fiber company out that uses patented technology that cures the carbon fiber instatly thru a process of electrolosis. I plan to open my own branch off his company to where i'd make automotove parts for the mostang (everything from engine, to body, ton interior) for the mustangs... i'd work a lot with the 05... with this technology, i'd be able to make almost anything that normal carbon fiber processes couldnt even dream of.

i'll proally come out with the first carbon fiber wheels.. my dad and I have been desiging them for about a year now... i just need to get my design engineer degree

That sounds awesome, very cool technology. You will make a ton of money if you get those carbon fiber wheels out. :devil:

_eazy_
11-22-2004, 10:09 PM
That sounds awesome, very cool technology. You will make a ton of money if you get those carbon fiber wheels out. :devil:

they would be marketed to areas in racing such as NHRA, INDY, NASCAR... anything who needs to have 100X the strength of steel and half the weight of plastic... less unsprung weight and stronger.

stalkerbabe
11-22-2004, 10:12 PM
SIT ON MY ASS, some times clean and take care of bailey!

_eazy_
11-22-2004, 10:14 PM
SIT ON MY ASS, some times clean and take care of bailey!

what about cook? :lol:

spiffy
11-22-2004, 10:16 PM
mechanic

Hmongstang
11-22-2004, 10:39 PM
as of right now, i help my folks run our family store and i'm also worker up toward becoming a fire fighter.

Roush2960
11-22-2004, 10:47 PM
Electronics Technician was what I wanted to be before. Now I am working towards my EE...Just cant decide what type of EE.

BruntzySVT
11-23-2004, 01:06 AM
Owning my own chain of small business corporations each individually owned so i get tons of royalties!

ComputerGuy
11-23-2004, 05:08 AM
Too late for me

BruntzySVT
11-23-2004, 05:47 AM
Too late for me
its never to late, go computer guy, become that male stripper you always wanted to become! I have faith in you son

BossHoss
11-23-2004, 06:47 AM
Parts mgr....Terex and John Deere industrial machinery

AJ SnkNV
11-23-2004, 07:11 AM
Work for Sports Supply Group selling sporting goods to schools, park and rec, little leagues and so on. Also just sold my sports bar about a year ago and now created an investment company that buys and sells houses

BruntzySVT
11-23-2004, 07:38 AM
Work for Sports Supply Group selling sporting goods to schools, park and rec, little leagues and so on. Also just sold my sports bar about a year ago and now created an investment company that buys and sells houses
So you supplied those god awful dodge balls in 4th grade lol jk!

slowrider
11-23-2004, 10:15 AM
I am an unemployed Database guy trying to keep from his mustang.

Gotta love the wonderful world of IT :nutkick:

AJ SnkNV
11-23-2004, 10:31 AM
Why yes we do sell dodge balls, and since the movie came out we cant keep them in stock. There are alot of schools that banned the game, something about picking on the slow fat kids wasnt fair :)

gotvenm
11-23-2004, 04:05 PM
Multimedia/WWW

Mostly doing educational multimedia... history, gov, etc...

ComputerGuy
11-23-2004, 04:29 PM
its never to late, go computer guy, become that male stripper you always wanted to become! I have faith in you son

Will require alot of Enzyt and some other meds!!

I am pretty much doing what I have wanted to do. After 23 years in the Air Force as a COOK, Yes cook, I went got a bunch of MS Certs, no degree here though.

By the luck of God, I think I have a pretty dream job as the computer field goes. I get to test and deploy patches via SMS, no small feat, test software, and deploy it, do alot scripting and installer programming, threat mitigation, etc.

Just like today. I did final testing on a package I wrote that deploys and installs a program that allows users to watch TV on the computer systems through streaming media.

After the final testing I installed a Server and program that sends text based messaging to workstations like you get on your TV for Storm Warnings etc. I reversed engineered the install process, configured an ini file with the settings I wanted, and created a silent install batch file that worked awesomely.

And this was all before lunch!!

BruntzySVT
11-23-2004, 04:32 PM
Will require alot of Enzyt and some other meds!!

I am pretty much doing what I have wanted to do. After 23 years in the Air Force as a COOK, Yes cook, I went got a bunch of MS Certs, no degree here though.

By the luck of God, I think I have a pretty dream job as the computer field goes. I get to test and deploy patches via SMS, no small feat, test software, and deploy it, do alot scripting and installer programming, threat mitigation, etc.

Just like today. I did final testing on a package I wrote that deploys and installs a program that allows users to watch TV on the computer systems through streaming media.

After the final testing I installed a Server and program that sends text based messaging to workstations like you get on your TV for Storm Warnings etc. I reversed engineered the install process, configured an ini file with the settings I wanted, and created a silent install batch file that worked awesomely.

And this was all before lunch!!
haha enzyte, your the man!

EddieGT
11-23-2004, 04:54 PM
Once you're out of college.

I'm planning to fly F-16's in the Air Guard and then get on with an air carrier like Fed Ex, or an airline after the Guard. I got my pilots license when I was 17 and been working toward some more ratings so I'm on my way. :dance: If not that, maybe something in the mortgage business/real estate.

:devil: My aunt is an engineer for Lockheed Martin, formerly General Dynamics (F-16 developement/manufacturing), and the F-16 has been my favorite aircraft since I was a little kid. I dreamed of becoming an AirForce pilot and fly F-16s, but a health condition prevented me from doing so.

I really hope you get that opportunity. It's a dream "job" (can you really call a job something you take pleasure on doing every day?)

As for me, what I'd like to be some day is a test driver for a performance car manufacturer. Anyone here ever play NFS: Porsche Unleashed? That's the closest I've ever been to fulfilling that dream, hehe. :lol:

Roush2960
11-23-2004, 05:50 PM
I want to be a big rig driver of donkeys.

Then I can always say I am haulin-Ass.

SDRMustang1
11-23-2004, 05:59 PM
Got the whole teacher thing goin on right now (only one more year of school!!!) but after learning how to paint cars, planning on opening a paint shop with one of my buddies to keep busy during the summer!

EddieGT
11-23-2004, 07:47 PM
Aircraft = The shit...

I am going to be a UNIX admin / Network Security Analyst... good shit.

And when you do, you'll recommend integrating physical and logical biometric security measurements with your company's/consulting clients' network infrastructure.

...And you'll give me a call to perform the implementation in the mentioned network... ;)