PDA

View Full Version : Got Stang? Regional Forums

EddieGT
11-22-2004, 02:29 PM
J, any plans for regional forums? I wouldn't mind moderating the NW forum (covering OR, WA, and other NW states). ;)

I hope this isn't a :dupe: post... I tried to look for a similar thread but couldn't find one (maybe I didn't look hard enough).

Either way, :gso:

CODY2003
11-22-2004, 02:41 PM
I don't think that the size of the site warrents regionals yet. Besides, I think I'm the only Tx guy here. :goodbye:

EddieGT
11-22-2004, 02:46 PM
I don't think that the size of the site warrents regionals yet. Besides, I think I'm the only Tx guy here. :goodbye:

I could be too, if I end up moving back. :lol:

I moved up here from DFW area 5 years ago... Thinking of moving back in 2 or 3 years.

I'm going to be down there workin an implementation case through my company sometime in the next few weeks.

EddieGT
11-22-2004, 02:50 PM
I was also thinking, since the forum is in constant growth, the regional forums could be created as regional trends appear... For instance, if enough people from Florida are active (say, 10+), they could all get together and start a request thread for their own regional forum. So on, so forth...

The idea is to have a place to organize local meets, ask questions regarding service places/dealers, or quickly find other people who may wanna go for a drive on a sunny afternoon...

I do agree if not enough people from a specific region frequent the board, it would just make a regional forum for that area dead... But I think at least 10 could make for a decently active regional.

Thoughts?

J
11-22-2004, 03:01 PM
I was also thinking, since the forum is in constant growth, the regional forums could be created as regional trends appear... For instance, if enough people from Florida are active (say, 10+), they could all get together and start a request thread for their own regional forum. So on, so forth...

The idea is to have a place to organize local meets, ask questions regarding service places/dealers, or quickly find other people who may wanna go for a drive on a sunny afternoon...

I do agree if not enough people from a specific region frequent the board, it would just make a regional forum for that area dead... But I think at least 10 could make for a decently active regional.

Thoughts?
Sounds good to me... we should chat.

Stormin
11-22-2004, 03:21 PM
I would be interested in Northeast ..............

EddieGT
11-22-2004, 03:31 PM
Sounds good to me... we should chat.

Cool.. PM, IM, or forum?

J
11-22-2004, 03:37 PM
Cool.. PM, IM, or forum?
IM ME: StangLuverJ

crazhorse
11-22-2004, 03:48 PM

naw I'm from tx as well...... heh far right side :wazzup:

BruntzySVT
11-22-2004, 04:01 PM
Hey cody in from FTW...do you goto the sheridans frozen custard a lot down in lubbock!?

CODY2003
11-22-2004, 04:18 PM
Hey cody in from FTW...do you goto the sheridans frozen custard a lot down in lubbock!?
Nope, I try to stay away from downtown. I don't really like driving in large cities so downtown is somewhere I don't need to be. :lol:

BruntzySVT
11-22-2004, 04:32 PM
Nope, I try to stay away from downtown. I don't really like driving in large cities so downtown is somewhere I don't need to be. :lol:
lubbock big? all you have is tech!

EddieGT
11-22-2004, 08:24 PM
See, look at all the TX people in here, Cody!!

Alright NW people, show yourselves... ;)

I'll be in TX in about 2 or 3 weeks (work-related). Maybe I could meet up with some of you and show off my rental car. The last time I had a rental it was like Rio with a gutless 1.6L engine, so I removed the airbox and left the intake completely open and it gave me like probably an extra .05 HP, that was good enough for 0 to 60 in about as long as a Superbowl commercial! Damn POS! :vomit:

Then another time I got a Nissan Murano SE AWD... That one was fun! (CVT!)

Stang Gurl
11-22-2004, 08:38 PM
I got the midwest covered! :dance: