PDA

View Full Version : fri.13th+novi2k+dyno=

rrspicer
05-14-2005, 12:51 AM
a thrown rod and a cracked block! . Let me start at the begining. Last monday on the way to my tuners shop to get my new novi 2k put on the car my gf rear ended me doing 60 and completly trashed my left quarter panel, tail light, and rear bumper. So with the money I was going to use to build my motor I decided to fix my rear end and repaint the car. So we went ahead as planed an i droped my car off to get the blower put on the car with a safe tune and boost only 8lbs until i get some more cash. And manny (my tuner) said that it will be safe at 8lbs and i should be able to pick the car up this sunday. Well after work today I got a call from him and this is how are conversasion went...
Hello?
he chris, you better sit down for this.
O, ok?
Ok, first let me say that this is the most difficult phone call i have ever made to a customer.

I have a little bit of bad news for you. Well you see I got the blower on and the first run was purfect and at 8lbs your car made 430hp to the wheels. BUT, on the next run at about 7000rpms the boost jumped up to 10 and you through a rod and your entire block literaly exploded!
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!
sorry man, but I cant understand it. This is the first time something like this has ever happend during a tuning session.

here is what I can do for you though. I have an 03 cobra short block sitting here with everything in it and it only have 10k miles on it. if youd like i will cut you ALOT of slack on labor to build you another motor.
ok lets work something out.

So anyways after chatting abit more with him he told me that my heads were still in good enough shape work with. So we decided to port the heads, and bore out the 03block and add new bearrings, rods, and rings, to the new block and also port the factory 01 cobra intake and get an 03 throttle body to fit it and up the boost (but keep it safe But now i cant afford to fix my rear end from the crash. O well, motor>cosmetics (until i can afford to fix it)

Hmongstang
05-14-2005, 01:00 AM
that sucks........ i don't like Friday the 13th, i usually stay home and sleep on it

02BlueStang
05-14-2005, 01:04 AM
that really sucks but at least you are getting an 03 Cobra block in the car....I wish I would have someone cut me labor costs on dumping in a Cobra block into my stang :(