PDA

View Full Version : Problem: didn't know if this was normal or not

QT in a Stang
11-20-2004, 10:12 AM
I have an 02 mustang, with a single disk cd player. I have bought about 5 diffrent cd's from all diffrent places (best buy, target, walmart,etc) And when i load them in my cd player the screen says " NO DJ" "NO DJ". I have other cd's that work just fine. I tried them all in my dad's 04 gt (6 disk) and they work fine!
I took it to the dealer on monday and they replaced my whole unit and still it says the same thing. Ford has no idea (they blame the cd's) and the stores that sold me the cd's blame the head unit and ford.

Anyone else had/have this problem.

Roush2960
11-21-2004, 12:23 PM
you have a 02...Is the stereo a Mach 460 or the standard stereo?

Sound more like the CD then the head unit.

232stang
11-21-2004, 01:32 PM
sound like the cd's are the problem

J
11-21-2004, 05:29 PM
sound like the cd's are the problem

QT in a Stang
11-21-2004, 06:18 PM
It's the stock unit, it's a mach unit i know that.
I don't see how it could be the cd's when i bought them all diffrent places and then returned 2 of them back (this afternoon) and they still don't work. I am taking it to another dealer later in the week, and just see what they say. An after market unit is looking better and better.

Stangs4Life
11-28-2004, 03:32 PM
The problem could lie in the anticopy scheme that some of the music industry is using these days.

In order to keep people from pirating, one of the things they are doing is writing the TOC (table of contents) outside the normal parameters so that burners can't read the TOC.

In new players, this doesn't cause much of a problem as they've been bulit to compensate, but older hardware players can have fits because of it.

crazhorse
11-29-2004, 01:53 PM
dayum pirates........... arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :looney:

Stang Gurl
11-30-2004, 04:59 AM
The problem could lie in the anticopy scheme that some of the music industry is using these days.

In order to keep people from pirating, one of the things they are doing is writing the TOC (table of contents) outside the normal parameters so that burners can't read the TOC.

In new players, this doesn't cause much of a problem as they've been bulit to compensate, but older hardware players can have fits because of it.
this irritates the shit out of me... like musicians and shit dont make enough money alreadly good lord.

_eazy_
11-30-2004, 11:01 PM
this irritates the shit out of me... like musicians and shit dont make enough money alreadly good lord.

amen. god forbid we actually listen to their music.

Hockeyb0y3
12-01-2004, 03:17 AM
sounds like an excuse to up grade :-D

QT in a Stang
12-04-2004, 11:13 AM
Well upgrading is not in the budget right now, I got yet another head unit but in on last thursday and it's still doing the same thing. Not knowing what else to do i wrote letters to the 6 cd's companys who's cd's will not play in the car and told them what was happening. I don't expect it to change anything, i just had to vent.

Stanggurl i love the stripes on your car :)

Snake
12-07-2004, 05:56 PM
that's why I keep an audio unit in both my rockets that has a cassette player in the unit so I tape off the house cd and play the cassette in the car.

I ran into this yrs ago when cd's first came out and i figured the best way to go was my recorded cassettes in the car.hell of a lot cheaper than upgrading your deck everytime the cd format changes.

04redmach1
12-08-2004, 09:16 AM
I can get ya a CD player for $115 shipped with 5 year warranty.

Fastest302
12-28-2004, 05:09 PM
You should upgrade your head unit. And the cds could work on there. It also depends on the Brand of the cd Player to.

My Cobra
12-28-2004, 10:37 PM
i got a sony and never had any trouble. I had the stock one and had it say that once.

Jim03svt
02-13-2005, 02:19 PM
I have an 02 mustang, with a single disk cd player. I have bought about 5 diffrent cd's from all diffrent places (best buy, target, walmart,etc) And when i load them in my cd player the screen says " NO DJ" "NO DJ". I have other cd's that work just fine. I tried them all in my dad's 04 gt (6 disk) and they work fine!
I took it to the dealer on monday and they replaced my whole unit and still it says the same thing. Ford has no idea (they blame the cd's) and the stores that sold me the cd's blame the head unit and ford.

Anyone else had/have this problem.

I think you might have a poltergeist..lol Have you thought about getting a DJ to ride around with you and see if that helps?

Welcome to the club!! Anyone who has a country music lyric as their signature is okay in my book! :thumbup:

Fastest302
02-13-2005, 06:03 PM
i got a sony also i didnt have any problems with it also!

stalker
02-13-2005, 07:04 PM
Try copying the CD on your computer to a new one. If it still doesn't work, then tell Ford it's their problem. If it does work, then tell the CD manufacturer you want a refund.

Cobra94
02-13-2005, 11:13 PM

Anyone else had/have this problem.ah just swap out your dads 6 CD for your stock head unit. :lol: HE WON'T MIND RIGHT?