PDA

View Full Version : Cowl question

Wendy
04-02-2005, 05:04 PM
Hi guys! I think the weakest link in appearance on my Mustang is the cowl (plastic peice above the hood) is greying with age. I have tried all kinds of products on it and they just don't help. I found a new one at 50resto.com but it's 129.95 + shipping. Mine is in great shape just not so black anymore. Can anyone suggest a cheaper place to get this or something that might help mine? Is there any painting this thing?

:D

J
04-02-2005, 05:21 PM
you talkin about the piece in between the hood and the window? that the wipers fit into?

spiffy
04-02-2005, 06:47 PM
paint that mofo

HerNastyNotch
04-02-2005, 06:57 PM
:devil:
paint that mofo

Wendy
04-02-2005, 10:08 PM
Yeah it's the peice btwn the windshield and hood. I can't imagine what paint is going to stick to that plastic though. I can try it but if it screws it up then I'll still have to buy a new one...

J
04-02-2005, 10:09 PM
Make sure you use some type of promoter.. and clean it real well.... but Get a cleaner that DOESNT HURT PLASTIC... or it will melt it.

crimsonblack
06-24-2005, 11:41 PM
Make sure you remove it from the car. In some instances "Flat Black" looks great on parts that aren't seen that much. The gloss black can crack or have the shine fade.

First clean it throughly. 5.0 offers a prep cleaner that works great. I used it on the vinyl interior parts as well as the plastic pieces before painting. Make sure you lay down even thin coats. Likely three or four coats will do it.

It will look great and save yourself the $120 price tag for something else.