PDA

View Full Version : just got this email at work......

MachAngel04
03-25-2005, 01:12 PM
Hello Chicago Office!

Plante & Moran has been selected to appear in a commercial for Triton College. Our offices and staff will represent the exciting professional world that awaits students after college graduation.

Moveo Integrated Branding will be in our office next Thursday, March 31st, noon-3PM filming various aspects of our office. They may also ask for volunteers to appear in certain shots (this could be your big break!). Please let me know if you would like to be involved and this is also a warning that I may pull you in at the last minute.

hehe I might be a commerical superstar! :thumpupn:

Speaking of being on tv has anyone been on tv before? I was when I was about 8, I was on the Bozo show and I was on Cookies team ( for those of u who know what I am talking about) but we lost = ( I still have the tape though....memories! = )

CODY2003
03-25-2005, 01:19 PM
I walked behind a news crew here on campus once. :thumpupn:

01GTType
03-25-2005, 01:30 PM
I was on Cops.. bad boys bad boys... :D

j/k

thunderbolt64
03-25-2005, 01:30 PM
I have a short video news clip of me and my Fairlane at a car show. That was like 15 years ago.

MachAngel04
03-25-2005, 01:31 PM

j/k

sure ur jk!

ComputerGuy
03-25-2005, 01:34 PM
I was seen on TV during the Superbowl halftime show. I was on the cast of the Air Forces Tops in Blue when we did the show. My Mom still has the tape

thunderbolt64
03-25-2005, 01:35 PM

Let me guess...........they busted into your trailer, there ya was drunk, and shirtless.

J/K

j/k

HerNastyNotch
03-25-2005, 01:49 PM
I was on the show How'd They Do That... I was working at Nielsen Media Research in the computer room at the time when the show came in to film how Nielsen Ratings come about... lol

ComputerGuy
03-25-2005, 01:53 PM
I was on the show How'd They Do That... I was working at Nielsen Media Research in the computer room at the time when the show came in to film how Nielsen Ratings come about... lol

Now that is an interesting subject. How does that work, without hijacking this thread.

HerNastyNotch
03-25-2005, 02:05 PM
When i worked there it was a pretty simple thing... Those lil black boxes on your TV would call into our VAX system in the middle of the night, usually starting around 2 am, and upload all the data they had stored for the last 24 hours. This uploading goes on until just after 8 am. The uploading comes in blocks by regions so we don't have 25,000 boxes calling in at once.

Then the data gets transferred from the VAX to MVS and VM mainframe systems where it is processed and distributed to the appropriate departments and external clients (NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, etc.).

This was several years ago... it had been in the works to do away with MVS and go to UNIX, but I don't know if they ever did. It was interesting work if you could handle the hours... 3 on, 3 off, 12 hour shifts. *ugh*

cobraspence
03-25-2005, 05:21 PM
wow a VAX? I haven't worked with one of those since the early 90's. I would guess that whole system has been moved to a different platform by now...

HerNastyNotch
03-25-2005, 06:32 PM
wow a VAX? I haven't worked with one of those since the early 90's. I would guess that whole system has been moved to a different platform by now...
They were still using VAX in 1996 when I left...

You think that's bad... as recently as 1993 or 1994 they were still using All-In-1 for email and word processing! Do you remember that system?

LMAO

Cobra94
03-25-2005, 06:38 PM
I was on my local news. i was the guy with the jacket covering his head as i was being lead into the court room.

ComputerGuy
03-25-2005, 06:45 PM
I was on my local news. i was the guy with the jacket covering his head as i was being lead into the court room.

wow. Michael Jackson is on these boards

Cobra94
03-25-2005, 07:04 PM
wow. Michael Jackson is on these boardsMy lawyer said I cant talk about it :censored:

cobraspence
03-25-2005, 11:08 PM
They were still using VAX in 1996 when I left...

You think that's bad... as recently as 1993 or 1994 they were still using All-In-1 for email and word processing! Do you remember that system?

LMAO

Yes I remember All-in-1. fortunatly I got out and into PC's about that time. We actually had a copy of Lotus and Wordperfect loaded on our Vax about that time. Just thinking about the old times gives me heartburn!!!

My Cobra
03-25-2005, 11:24 PM
Nice, make sure you are wearing a GS tee shirt. maybe j coudl hook you up.