PDA

View Full Version : Sad day at the Varin household

AJ SnkNV
03-19-2005, 11:29 AM
We have been having problems with one of our Boxers over the last couple days and we had to take him into the emergecny room at 5 am. Found out he was having kidney failure and may even have problems wiith his liver. Needless to say, we had to make a very tough decision this morning and have him put to sleep. Boy it is tough when you have had the dog part of your family for only 6 years and I know my older boxer is going to wander around for the next couple days looking for him. Now we just have to explain to our 4 yr old daughter what happened

MachAngel04
03-19-2005, 12:10 PM
Awww so sorry to hear that. My family also had to put our german shephard to sleep when I was 7 and I still remember that day exactly. And then about 3 1/2 years ago we had to put our other dog to sleep, now that was sad = (
She was an awesome dog!

04Saleen
03-19-2005, 02:13 PM
We have been having problems with one of our Boxers over the last couple days and we had to take him into the emergecny room at 5 am. Found out he was having kidney failure and may even have problems wiith his liver. Needless to say, we had to make a very tough decision this morning and have him put to sleep. Boy it is tough when you have had the dog part of your family for only 6 years and I know my older boxer is going to wander around for the next couple days looking for him. Now we just have to explain to our 4 yr old daughter what happened

Hey Man, Sorry to hear about your Boxer. It is very tough to lose a member of the family. I have a Boxer myself and it will be a very sad day when he is gone. I hope things get better and now you will just have to buy your 4 year old a new Boxer.....

J
03-19-2005, 05:11 PM
wow man that sucks :( Just fill your life with more pets...

I hate when mine die :( Just be happy you got 6 happy years with him!

AJ SnkNV
03-19-2005, 10:14 PM
Thanks everyone and we do have another boxer so we will make sure we give her the extra love

Jim03svt
03-19-2005, 10:33 PM

AJ, I'm so sorry to hear about your Boxer.. They really do leave tremdous holes in our hearts when we lose them.. I'm a BIG animal lover and my heart goes out to you and your family..

Hang in there.. please give your older boxer a squeeze from me.

Jim

AJ SnkNV
03-20-2005, 12:31 PM
will do Jim, thanks for all the kind words everyone. Yesterday was a tough day for the wife and I, it will take a while to get over the loss of Titan.

Jim03svt
03-22-2005, 12:05 PM
Hey AJ..

It's Tuesday, March 22nd.. Just checkin in, hoping you and your family are doing ok..

93ramvert
03-22-2005, 12:11 PM
Hey AJ, I had an English Bull Dog about three years ago, we had her for about 6 months, Already she was such a huge part of the family. We had to put her down because she had a severe heart murmur. She was incontinent and at the end would walk three steps and just flop to the ground in exhaustion. I feel for you man, keep your head up. We've got two male English Bulls now, but we still miss the little girl we lost.
Good Luck
Tom

AJ SnkNV
03-22-2005, 05:28 PM
thanks guys, I was doing ok until I came home today and had a card from the vet with Titan paw prints in them

Jim03svt
03-22-2005, 11:48 PM
It's such a painful thing.. AJ I can tell by the way you're hurting that Titan had a great home.. That's one of the positive things I try to grasp on to when I lose a pet. Titan was only here for 6 years, but I'm convinced he had a great life and a better home with more love than most dogs ever know..

1BadRoushChick
03-22-2005, 11:55 PM
i'm sorry to hear about what happened it's always hard to let a family member go...he's in a better place though being watched over, hope you and the family are doing ok...

Jim03svt
03-22-2005, 11:56 PM
It's such a painful thing.. AJ I can tell by the way you're hurting that Titan had a great home.. That's one of the positive things I try to grasp on to when I lose a pet. Titan was only here for 6 years, but I'm convinced he had a great life and a better home with more love than most dogs ever know..

Jim03svt
03-22-2005, 11:58 PM
WOW.. that's the second time this week my PC sent out a double... It's storming here and it's messing with my satellite signal..

EddieGT
03-23-2005, 01:11 PM
WOW.. that's the second time this week my PC sent out a double... It's storming here and it's messing with my satellite signal..Take it easy with the Jack Daniel's, Jim...

AJ, I'm sorry to hear about Titan. I know how hard it is, been through it several times. I also know how hard and heartbreaking it is to have to make that decision, versus it being a matter of chance (accident or natural causes).

Like some have mentioned, at least you can take comfort in knowing he was in a good home and loved. He lead a good life living in a household where he was appreciated and accepted as part of the family. That is the way pets should always be considered.

I know this next statement may sound somewhat ridiculous to most, but, my betta fish, Bio, passed away the first week of March. He was my companion at work for the last year, and even though it may have not been exactly the same as when I've lost a dog, it was still sad enough. I currently have his lighted bowl with crystal clear water in it, and I will leave it that way for at least another month or so before I get another betta. Some days in the morning I sit down at my desk and feel the impulse to toss a few food pellets in there, then remember he's not here anymore. His name was Bio because I work for a biometrics software company, and his colors matched our old business cards, lol... Yea, I'm a computer geek. But at least one that has a good connection with animals.

It may take a little while, but things will look up. Before you know it, another puppy will come along and will help you feel better about the whole situation. Also, like you said, give your other the extra love. You'll never forget Titan, but your spirits will be up again before too long and all you'll be left with will be the good memories with him.