PDA

View Full Version : Quick Little question for the newer users here...

J
03-14-2005, 12:06 PM
What do you guys find most confusing when you first sign up?

Was it easy to setup a profile?

Was it easy to setup a webpage?

What was the most confusing about the two?

Are the rules on the Hunt / Face-off Pages clear enough?

Im always trying to make things easier for the users.. please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

1BadRoushChick
03-14-2005, 12:08 PM
when i first signed up I had no idea what all the horses were for, there should be one page to explain what they all mean for all the new users, the profile was easy to setup, the website took me a while to make only because I didn't have the time but it was easy when I got to it the other day since i'm on a few other forums, as for the face-offs and the hunt, there should not just be an opinions thread at top, maybe if there was an explanation of what it is, and how it works in one thread that would be easier but that is imo

02BlueStang
03-14-2005, 12:53 PM
after being on several other forums everything was pretty straight forward...The only thing that confused me at first was setting up a signature here for the forums...I thought I was supposed to do it from the main site page where you can edit your profile and what not but figured out that those were just for adding the "vote for me" HTML code to your sig...finally found the control panel here on the forums and set one up....Everything else was really easy to pick up on and I think the Face offs, The Hunt, and ranking of the rides is pretty sweet and one of the things I love about this site and why I chose to stick around :beerchug:

I was over at Yellow Mustang registry though and noticed they have a lot more games in the arcade that are pretty cool :nutkick:

J
03-14-2005, 01:29 PM
had no idea what all the horses were for, there should be one page to explain what they all mean for all the new users

Great Idea! I will make this happen.

I was over at Yellow Mustang registry though and noticed they have a lot more games in the arcade

Please just PM me and tell me what game you would like to be added. I will install it ASAP :)

Great suggestions so far...

smokin87lx
03-14-2005, 01:38 PM
Everything was a little confusing at first, but seems pretty strait foward now....should have the webpage up by tonite....Look foward to kicking some of your Arses in the near future..... :woohoo:

stangman190
03-16-2005, 07:33 PM
Yeah the horses thing got me and still kinda is but everything else was pretty easy to figure out

stangman190
03-16-2005, 07:46 PM
oh yeah also how to get the sigs

J
03-20-2005, 06:13 PM
when i first signed up I had no idea what all the horses were for, there should be one page to explain what they all mean for all the new users,

Just added.

http://www.gotstang.com/help.php#horses

J
03-20-2005, 06:13 PM
oh yeah also how to get the sigs
Post in the Foto-Chop Section.. ask for CODY

My Cobra
03-25-2005, 11:36 PM
CODY does a great job !

Wendy
03-26-2005, 10:07 AM
I have it now but there were two things that were the most confusing:
1. You have a different avatar, sig, etc. for the forums than for the other part of the board (webpage, face offs, etc.)
2. In the who voted section, it should be explained what that means in greater detail. I thought the red ones meant they voted against you in a face off. It's really that they ranked you but you haven't ranked them. So I was getting ready to vote against all those people :P when someone explained it to me. hehe whoops! Maybe it should be called 'who ranked' instead of 'who voted' with a good explanation - unless I am just extra slow. lol

02BlueStang
03-26-2005, 03:44 PM
I thought the same thing Wendy.....when I first started going over the site I noticed the red ponies next to people's names in the "who voted" section and I thought that meant that they had stopped by your page but not voted for you, so that meant that I wasn't going to vote for them :lol:......after realizing that it meant they had voted for me I soon voted for everyone who had visited my page to make sure I ranked those individuals who had ranked me and then started going over the cars in the Member Ranks page and voting on the cars....

J, great feature of being able to view the next 50 cars in the member ranks section :beerchug: now I can go through and see everyones rides....

audiobahn81
04-20-2005, 11:11 PM
I found everything to be pretty easy to do and the newbie check in awnsered my question on how to set up a web page this place rocks

crawlin302
04-21-2005, 12:47 PM
I must be retarded or something but I cannot figure out how to challenge someone.

93ramvert
04-21-2005, 12:54 PM
No I would say your retarded, well maybe but that would mean me too. I could'nt figure it out at first either, as a matter of fact I did it by accident during the try-out phase and got my ass handed to me. You visit the web page of the person you want to challenge, and there will be an orange face-off title with a little lightening bolt above it, it's in the row that shows who's web page your viewing, click on that and away you go.