PDA

View Full Version : A warning concerning one of our members.

stalker
03-08-2005, 12:36 PM
As copied from my club website.

So im about 90% sure I just got ripped off to the tune of $500.

found a good deal on some nitrous parts on one of the Mustang boards I read. I did a little background research on the seller, didnt come up with anything too terrible. So I decided to go ahead and buy the parts. i payed useing paypal and my payment cleared on March 2nd at wich point this person was suposed to email me and tell me when the package was shipped. Well, here we are on March 8th and I still have no email saying the parts were shipped... or just to keep me informed. Starting to get a little worried about the situations so I went back to Corral (message board I bought the parts off of) and dug a little harder for some info on the seller. Well, I didnt have to dig too hard... the day I sent this guy money, someone else had replied to his 'FOR SALE' post and stated that the guuy was a scammer, and listed everything he knew of this person to prove it (wich was more then enough) and to worn everyone to not do buisness with this guy.... DAMN... a day late for me though.

So, I Emailed the guy trying to warn everyone to see if he had any personal information about this seller so I could try and get my money back. The guy emails back with this:

Here is the info I have on Trevor Case.

Trevor Case, board name TrevX aka Myfast2004gt.

Hangs out at MustangWorld (banned) , Modularfords (banned), Stangnet, Gotstang.

Home address:
2808 N.Valderos,
Angleton Texas, 77515
Cel# 799-8222

Mom and Dad- Debbie and David Case
Home # 979-849-8318
Same above address
Dad's E-mail allsomecowboy@yahoo.com (allsomecowboy@yahoo.com) (unconfirmed)

Justin, as you know us Canadian are mellow people until we get screwed over. I will ensure no one else gets scammed.

Keep me in the loop and keep close contact. I will help everyway I can. I also have numerous E-mails and Web postings that proves well beyond a reasonable doubt that he is a con artist.

What boards do you hang at and what is your board name(s).

Good luck.

Rob Chatton

Needless to say, I was a little surprised. It seams that this isnt a guy at all... its a kid who lives with his parents still. Rob also informed me that he had spoken to the kids parents and the mother didnt believe what was going on! FUCKIN EH!!!!!!

Im emailing and calling, I dont exactly know how to go about getting my money back but Im not about to have some steers-n-queers wanta be cowboy kid, fuck with me!

this just sucks

stalkerbabe
03-08-2005, 12:40 PM
thats what happens when you trust a 17 year old to do business with

Jim03svt
03-08-2005, 12:49 PM
Stalker, I'm sorry to hear what happened and that you're going though this.. Unfortunately there's a lot of predators out there.. The one good thing is, most criminals are dumb and eventually get caught. I know it's a long shot, but I hope you get your money back..

Good luck and thank you for warning the rest of us about him!

CODY2003
03-08-2005, 01:06 PM
sorry to hear that. This would probably be more effective in for sale.
moving.

Fastest302
03-08-2005, 01:25 PM
i got scammed to i bought a Pony rear window decal for my stang and i payed and everything and so the a**hole didnt send me my sticker so i reported him to ebay so i dont know whats up with it also. im either gonna get the sticker or he has to give me my money back!

CallawayGT
03-08-2005, 01:36 PM
that sucks:(

02BlueStang
03-08-2005, 02:31 PM
sorry to hear that you got ripped off.....You do have options for getting your money back though

obviously you do not live by the guy but you can file a claim in small claims court and do a proceeding through the mail....I have had to tell friends to do this as well as they had been screwed over by similar people who need to grow up and learn some respect for others....basically you file then put all of your evidence, the letters stating that this guy is a fraud would be EXCELLENT for your case and I can guarantee a win as he has no defense, then send it all to the court....The kid would be notified and do the same thing for his defense...A judge would look over all of the materials that were sent in and make a judgement, after losing the kid would have a permanent mark on his credit report stating that a judgement by a court had found against him....My mom working at a bank in dealer finance would tell anyone that this is a Red Flag for any bank that this individual would attempt to take out a loan with.....Since he is also underage the process of getting your money back would go under the responsibility of his parents....you can garnish their wages, put a lean against their house, car, property etc until payment is made in full and you have informed the court....

I wish you luck and hope that this pimple faced kid gets what he deserves and learns a lesson in life: Go out and get a job.

EZMachN
03-08-2005, 02:31 PM
Guys, TrevX is still posting around SVTperformance.com

I suggest you guys go over there and explain what all has happened. There are TONS of Texas guys that can probably personally go take care of your problems

Fastest302
03-08-2005, 02:49 PM
Guys, TrevX is still posting around SVTperformance.com

I suggest you guys go over there and explain what all has happened. There are TONS of Texas guys that can probably personally go take care of your problems

That sounds like a good idea

Aerosi665
03-08-2005, 03:55 PM
Contact the police now. Honestly, they can inform you how to go about your situation and if you have his home/phone #, they might even contact him and question him. Not only that but it will probbaly scare him into giving you the parts, if not, take him to court, you will win with all the information and other people you have beside you.

My Cobra
03-08-2005, 06:14 PM
i would contact pay pal and tlel them what happend. they can take the money back. My friend did this with a supercharger. Then one night he went over to the guys house and ripped the supercharger off the guys car and took it. so he got his money back then stole the part. Not giving any ideas but if it is worth it to you i would take a little road trip and scare the kid for real. you can hang up if it is a phone call but when somebody is in your yard or meets you at school with the cops in front of all your friends its a diffrent story.

firemedic
03-08-2005, 09:50 PM
Hi Guys, Rob here from Canada.

Yes I have been making waves about Trevor. The lieing little Bastard.

Anyway, under "Stuff for Sale" here and "Vortech for sale" you will read my statements.

Here is a quick note.

After my issues I gave him fair warning. After deadline I started posting everywhere I knew him to be. A few days after I had bought and paid for the kit, he relists it at 1/2 the price. Same kit!

I feel lucky I got as much as I did.

A few Texans went to get thier money back for an Ipod he had sold several times over. Got money and passed info to parents. I have talked to his Mom and today, when calling his house, talked to Trev. Told him I promise to make his life hell! He hung up.

There are several others on different boards who have been scammed over NX, Vortech and misc. stuff.

I am heading over to SVTperformance to find him. If I post a nasty story, all of you come on over and join in or if you are already there I am coming.

Let me know if you find him anywhere else. Together we will win!

Aerosi665
03-09-2005, 12:24 AM
Keep it going man.

quiksilvrstang
03-11-2005, 12:31 AM
Sorry to hear about this but it seems to be happening more and more on boards all over. In your situation if you paid through Paypal, just file a claim and you will get your money back. I am new to this board and really appreciate it being here, but if this type of stuff keeps up then who is going to be willing to buy anything from anyone.............thieve's suck my exhaust or my fist, which ever come first.

Later

Aerosi665
03-19-2005, 07:01 PM
I found TrevX at www.svtperformance.com and I posted this thread to warn people against getting scammed by him.

93ramvert
03-23-2005, 12:02 PM
Getting ripped off sucks, Some dick stole $3,000 from me. He was supposed to do my roof and he split. Cops can do nothing because of the "contract" and small claims means shit if the just say he no longer lives at this address. Because it's a certified letter they will have to sign for it. If they deny he lives there, they just take the damn thing back. Two years now of making this kids life a hell, Cobra94 and I are always running into him. When the time is right he'll pay.