PDA

View Full Version : sim card removal for celli

_eazy_
03-06-2005, 12:02 PM
okay, i have a Motorola T720 and I want to switch to a new cell...

both phones are on same provider so i think i can just change out the sim card...

now, i have no idea how to do this or where the card is located on the T720... i looked a bit on the internet but i cant find what i need..

any help is appreicated...

Fastest302
03-06-2005, 12:11 PM
is it behind the battery

02BlueStang
03-06-2005, 05:10 PM
yep, pop the battery out of the phone and the Sim card just slides out...The little corner that is cut off will match up to the way it slides into your new phone or the one you are swapping it with....Remember the Phones themselves do not have a carrier attached to them, when you buy a cell phone plan you are paying for the Sim card which is what has all the info, your number etc on it....So if you ever want a new phone, just go out and buy the phone you want without a plan and transfer the sim card over and wallah, you keep all your info, your original number, voice mail, etc :)

_eazy_
03-06-2005, 05:44 PM
yep, pop the battery out of the phone and the Sim card just slides out...The little corner that is cut off will match up to the way it slides into your new phone or the one you are swapping it with....Remember the Phones themselves do not have a carrier attached to them, when you buy a cell phone plan you are paying for the Sim card which is what has all the info, your number etc on it....So if you ever want a new phone, just go out and buy the phone you want without a plan and transfer the sim card over and wallah, you keep all your info, your original number, voice mail, etc :)
so if i wanted a new razor, my old t720 sim card would fit and work NO problem?

thanks a ton for the info

My Cobra
03-06-2005, 05:48 PM
sounds cool. Got to be some draw back. my cell place programs a shit load of numbers in to it when ever i go back to get a new phone.

02BlueStang
03-06-2005, 06:33 PM
all sim cards are universal (from my experiences)...I have yet to run across one that will not work for a different manufacturers phone (example switching from a Motorola to a Nokia, etc)....

I switched my phone from a Nokia, to a Samsung and have let friends borrow just my phone cause it can take pictures etc and then just switched out my sim card into their phone for the day.....Sim card is what your contract is for not the actual phone you order with your cell phone plan...Lose/damage the sim card and they are pricey to replace ;)

If you are going to buy a brand new phone, lets say you want a flip phone vs a standard one, look online for stores that will sell just the phones without a plan at manufacturer price...if you go to a Tmobile outlet etc and ask for just a phone without a plan, usually they are around 300-500 bucks when actually the phone itself you can find online for around 100...Thats how they get most people to get a plan with the phone they want because they think its more expensive to go out and buy just a new phone then to sign up for a new plan and get the phone they want ;)

My Cobra
03-06-2005, 08:04 PM
sounds like somethign they would do.

_eazy_
03-06-2005, 10:11 PM
badass... thanks guys for the help.

now the only feat is finding the sim cards in the phones..

i'm told the one for the t720 is behind the battary (i'll check tomarrow)

I have an LG that im switchin to... i just gotta find it's sim card lol

im such a dumbass :(

02BlueStang
03-06-2005, 10:23 PM
haha dont get discouraged and no problem about the help....

Most of the flip phones or smaller sleeker phones have it tucked behind the battery...Simply find the 2 little clips that are holding he battery in (usually little silver tabs you squeeze on each side of the battery) and slide it towards the bottom of the phone, or simply use a sharp steak knife on some models and just lift up the edge and it will pop out....Sim card just slides out, no clips or anything...just use your thumb and press down and slide at the same time, then simply look at the sim card and you will see 1 corner that has a chunk cut out of it, match that up with your new phones Sim holder and slide it into place....This is where playin with those little circle, square etc blocks in preschool really pays off....who said you never learned anything in school you wouldnt need later :lol:

Just make sure you dont hold the sim car on the wires, hold it on the edges like you would a CD etc, they are pretty durable so don't be afraid to give it a little arm strength but they come out fairly easily so if you find yourself reaching for the needle nose pliers, somethings wrong :hmmm:

_eazy_
03-06-2005, 11:21 PM
haha dont get discouraged and no problem about the help....

Most of the flip phones or smaller sleeker phones have it tucked behind the battery...Simply find the 2 little clips that are holding he battery in (usually little silver tabs you squeeze on each side of the battery) and slide it towards the bottom of the phone, or simply use a sharp steak knife on some models and just lift up the edge and it will pop out....Sim card just slides out, no clips or anything...just use your thumb and press down and slide at the same time, then simply look at the sim card and you will see 1 corner that has a chunk cut out of it, match that up with your new phones Sim holder and slide it into place....This is where playin with those little circle, square etc blocks in preschool really pays off....who said you never learned anything in school you wouldnt need later :lol:

Just make sure you dont hold the sim car on the wires, hold it on the edges like you would a CD etc, they are pretty durable so don't be afraid to give it a little arm strength but they come out fairly easily so if you find yourself reaching for the needle nose pliers, somethings wrong :hmmm:

im the type then when working one something like my car for example... if it dosn't budge with slight pressure... i pussy out and get someone else to do it... that way i can blame them ;) lol, thanks for the tip ;)