PDA

View Full Version : OMG... What a moron! (video of 05 GT at the dragstrip)

EddieGT
03-01-2005, 05:09 PM
I wish I could find a version of the video without the damn music... Can't hear the engine/brakes/squeals to figure out what the heck went wrong... But from the looks of it, the guy overcorrected (not to mention, he let go off the gas too fast while still in a low gear).

Probably differential lockup...

:cussing: Moron...

http://www.norcal1320.com/videos/2005gt.wmv

I'm just glad he didn't hit the Cobra!!

04redmach1
03-01-2005, 05:21 PM
What a no driving ass.... look where he gets lose.... he gets out of groove and hits slick spot. :ugh2:

PhaQGM
03-01-2005, 05:22 PM
All I can say is... wow.

EddieGT
03-01-2005, 05:26 PM
All I can say is... wow.

me -> :nutkick: <- '05 Mustang GT driver

Any questions?

NoSlo5.0
03-01-2005, 05:51 PM
Differential lockup?! Say some more crap like that, it makes me giggle. He was boiling the left rear because he was driving outside of the lane, probably because he was distracted by the taillights on the car in the left lane. Then the dork snaps the wheel and hits the brakes.

He wasn't fit to be driving a friggin FWD Civic.

EddieGT
03-01-2005, 06:47 PM
Differential lockup?! Say some more crap like that, it makes me giggle. He was boiling the left rear because he was driving outside of the lane, probably because he was distracted by the taillights on the car in the left lane. Then the dork snaps the wheel and hits the brakes.

He wasn't fit to be driving a friggin FWD Civic.

Hey, take it easy, I was quoting the site I had originally found this video on, but forgot I linked straight to the video and not the thread.. lol

But I do agree... After all, Cobra's do distract people with their sexy rears.. ;)

Was that Bruntzy on the left lane???

stalker
03-01-2005, 08:25 PM
I've seen the vid without the music, but the guy that was hosting it took it down. He mis shifted. On a Ford it locks the rear tires and puts you into a skid. On an LS1 car, you bend the hell out of your pushrods.

NoSlo5.0
03-01-2005, 09:24 PM
Nuttin but love Eddie!

If you and Stalker want to clarify your comments on the locked rear, I'm definitely all ears. I uh build rearends, engines, and everything in between and on top of and below, and I've never heard of such a silly comment, that's all. How's a traction loc affected by a missed shift?

CallawayGT
03-02-2005, 12:13 PM
linky no worky:(

EddieGT
03-02-2005, 12:25 PM
Let me see if I saved it locally... I'll upload it here.

04redmach1
03-03-2005, 10:04 AM
How come link dont work anymore????