PDA

View Full Version : I was just asked a very good question about 5 lug conversions!!

HerNastyNotch
02-15-2005, 07:03 AM
I just realized that you have pro stars...but they are 5 lug and foxes are only 4 lug. How did you get 5 lug, Ford Ranger parts?
Yeah, I could only get the pro stars in 5 lug and I really wanted them, so I told John to convert me! LOL

But 4 to 5 lug conversion is really not as difficult as everyone thinks... And Ford Ranger parts are not the only solution!

For the front of your car you can use the rotors from a 1991 Lincoln Mark VII. That is what is on my car.

For the rear, don't bother calling Ford or going after Ranger axles... Call Automotive Engineering or Gearhead (locally in Tampa Bay) and they sell a Mustang 5 lug conversion kit for somewhere around $200 that includes two Motorcraft drums and axles. Ten times cheaper than going to Ford and getting the axles and drums from them, but Motorcraft IS Ford... go figure! LOL

Anyways, the grease seals and bearings for the front and rear will transfer over, but I wouldn't recommend re-using... replace them.

mysteed
02-15-2005, 11:46 AM
yep, not to metion there are tons of more choices for rims and you can put on much larger brakes.