PDA

View Full Version : MY CAR IS A 3.9L PEOPLE...

Stang Gurl
02-12-2005, 11:05 AM
I am so tired of arguing this point so here is the damn link... if this doesnt satisfy those of you who argue with me, I will gladly take photos of my motor and the places where it is labeled 3.9L...

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/99-04/04/

ComputerGuy
02-12-2005, 11:33 AM
I guess Joe Friday Got to ya!!

I believe you. Brad Barnett is an excellent source for any Mustang information.

04redmach1
02-12-2005, 11:34 AM
YES in 2004 there were mixed engines.. a 3.8 and a 3.9 V6. My girl and mom have the 3.9 . What numbnut says there aint one?
Someone doesnt know there mustangs :loser: :smack:

Stang Gurl
02-12-2005, 11:36 AM
I guess Joe Friday Got to ya!!

I believe you. Brad Barnett is an excellent source for any Mustang information.
yeah it wasnt just him though... I have to argue this constantly... I just wish people would do a little research and know what the hell they are talking about before spouting off information that is incorrect. I know my car. :dance:

Stang Gurl
02-12-2005, 11:36 AM
YES in 2004 there were mixed engines.. a 3.8 and a 3.9 V6. My girl and mom have the 3.9 . What numbnut says there aint one?
Someone doesnt know there mustangs :loser: :smack:
peek at my guestbook for your numbnut :thumpupn:

04redmach1
02-12-2005, 11:40 AM
:rofl: :lol: Im not on here to piss anyone off BUT DUDE.... you should know there is a 3.9 !! And see you tried to make someone look stupid and look whos goofy LOL :loser: :asswave:

Stang Gurl
02-12-2005, 11:41 AM
:asswave:
nice azzzz :drool2:

04redmach1
02-12-2005, 11:42 AM
Thanx,,, ive been workin on my thigh master :w00t:

Stang Gurl
02-12-2005, 11:43 AM
Thanx,,, ive been workin on my thigh master :w00t:
this is a helpful exercise too ----> :humpybana

04redmach1
02-12-2005, 11:44 AM
:rideme: Ya i should be REAL skinny LOL

Stang Gurl
02-12-2005, 11:44 AM
:rideme: Ya i should be REAL skinny LOL
:devil: :rofl: Im toned lol

04redmach1
02-12-2005, 11:55 AM
:woohoo:

CODY2003
02-12-2005, 12:52 PM
Well, it could be argued as to the difference. I believe that it just comes from some slightly different valvetrain settings and a slightly larger valve dome.
So they are in essence the same motor, only different heads. But I'm not arguing with you.

04redmach1
02-12-2005, 02:00 PM
heads are lil differ thats only differ. But still 3.9

Aerosi665
02-12-2005, 02:07 PM
GS3.9L #000000000002

ComputerGuy
02-12-2005, 02:10 PM
I carry a badge.

DUMB DA DUMB DUMB!!

04redmach1
02-12-2005, 02:14 PM
We know your special,but we dont need to know your teacher gave you a badge for it :rofl:

Fastest302
02-12-2005, 02:14 PM
i believe it becuae my friend has the 3.9l v6 motor in his mustang!

Joe Friday
02-12-2005, 03:06 PM
oh snaps, I guess I was wrong. I apoligize for not keeping up, nor caring, about the updates to the V6 mustang. So does that extra .1 liter help you get that break neck speed outa your V6? :D

CODY2003
02-12-2005, 03:12 PM
oh snaps, I guess I was wrong. I apoligize for not keeping up, nor caring, about the updates to the V6 mustang. So does that extra .1 liter help you get that break neck speed outa your V6? :D
No, but it does improve the gas milage and make the engine respond to forced induction and Nitrous better similar to the Hemi(old Hemi, not the new nameplate POS). In fact, better than the Ford V8 does.

Joe Friday
02-12-2005, 03:16 PM
so your comparing the 3.9 to a HEMI I think your getting a little ahead of your self.

EDIT: Also i think if you put a blower on the 4.6 or the 5.0 running lets say... 14 psi.. and a blower on the 3.8 or 3.8 running 14 psi, the V8 is sitll going to make more power.. thats just what it does.

CODY2003
02-12-2005, 03:18 PM
so your comparing the 3.9 to a HEMI I think your getting a little ahead of your self.
I mean, cylinder to cylinder. and I said similar, not the same as.
Come on, reading is your friend. :loser:

Joe Friday
02-12-2005, 03:23 PM
I mean, cylinder to cylinder. and I said similar, not the same as.
Come on, reading is your friend. :loser:

No. I'm pretty sure they have very little in common. seeing as the hemi has a hemisperical combustion chamber, hence the name HEMI and it makes power, and the 3.8 just sucks and makes little power

CODY2003
02-12-2005, 03:26 PM
No. I'm pretty sure they have very little in common. seeing as the hemi has a hemisperical combustion chamber, hence the name HEMI and it makes power, and the 3.8 just sucks and makes little power
Here is a nce big surprise for you. The ford 4.6L V8 has himespherical heads. :nailbite: The just don't advertise it. In fact most engines today do.

Stang Gurl
02-12-2005, 03:26 PM
Damn skippy... I each machs for lunch :devil:

:rofl:

Joe Friday
02-12-2005, 03:28 PM
Here is a nce big surprise for you. The ford 4.6L V8 has himespherical heads. :nailbite: The just don't advertise it. In fact most engines today do.

yeah, but it's not a true hemi, in compaison to the old mopar, the cylenders were not only hemispherical but the spark plug was placed at the very top of the compustion chamber vs on the side. and guess what.. your 3.8 is not a hemi. were talking about your crap-tastic V6 remember.

Stang Gurl
02-12-2005, 03:29 PM
Joe, look... it doesnt matter two shits to me how fast my car is... if it mattered to me I would have opted for a V8, makes sense dont it?

My point is... if you are going to TELL someone what thier car is or isnt... have your FACTS in order first, otherwise you look silly... the .1 extra prolly doesnt do shit... but that doesnt dismiss the fact that my car is NOT a 3.8... it is a 3.9... end of discussion. >owned<

Joe Friday
02-12-2005, 03:30 PM
owned, I think not, you're owned every day you have to drive that car around :D

CODY2003
02-12-2005, 03:30 PM
yeah, but it's not a true hemi. and guess what.. your 3.8 is not a hemi. were talking about your crap-tastic V6 remember
Yes in the true sense of the term it is. And you can call it what ever you want to, but that won't change the fact that the V6 is an all around better engine than your V8, cylinder for cylinder. But please... keep arguing.

Stang Gurl
02-12-2005, 03:31 PM
owned, I think not, you're owned every day you have to drive that car around :D
dude... this is getting personal... you are a moderator on this site... you should control your flames.

Regulator
02-12-2005, 03:33 PM
Yes in the true sense of the term it is. And you can call it what ever you want to, but that won't change the fact that the V6 is an all around better engine than your V8, cylinder for cylinder. But please... keep arguing.

Hmmm, if you really think that suck ass V6 is better than a V8, well....you're just a moron.

CODY2003
02-12-2005, 03:34 PM
Hmmm, if you really think that suck ass V6 is better than a V8, well....you're just a moron.
Hmmm....If you think that a V8 is all mighty only because it is faster, than you are a moron.

Stang Gurl
OH and next time you have some bullshit to TELL me partaining my car PM it to me and keep the attitude out of my public guestbook... J should really screen his mods prior to painting thier names orange. :fu:

Joe Friday

Yeah thats it... you nailed it right on the head... The overhead valve 3.8 (or for that matter 3.9) V6 is a better engine than the 4.6 SOHC, or DOHC. :ugh2:

Stang Gurl
DIE n00b :fu:

CODY2003
02-12-2005, 03:35 PM
Yeah thats it... you nailed it right on the head... The overhead valve 3.8 (or for that matter 3.9) V6 is a better engine than the 4.6 SOHC, or DOHC. :ugh2:
Actually it's a pushrod. Once again, you have only shown that you havn't even researched to support your claims.

Joe Friday
02-12-2005, 03:35 PM
dude... this is getting personal... you are a moderator on this site... you should control your flames.

Cry me a river.. It's a joke don't get all upset when you talk smack, chances are someone else is going to say something back :D

Stang Gurl
02-12-2005, 03:36 PM
Cry me a river.. It's a joke don't get all upset when you talk smack, chances are someone else is going to say something back :D
I didnt talk smack asshole... you came to ME in my fucking guestbook so fuck off. :fu:

Regulator
02-12-2005, 03:36 PM
No, but it does improve the gas milage and make the engine respond to forced induction and Nitrous better similar to the Hemi(old Hemi, not the new nameplate POS). In fact, better than the Ford V8 does.

I guarantee that .1 liter of displacement will not make a noticeable difference, and certainly not enough to ever compare it's ability to withstand forced induction to that of the Hemi.

Joe Friday
02-12-2005, 03:37 PM
Hmmm....If you think that a V8 is all mighty only because it is faster, than you are a moron.

And if you think the V6 is better because you have one, or make up some bull shit story on how the V6 is better? then you my friend are the moron..

Regulator
02-12-2005, 03:38 PM
Actually it's a pushrod. Once again, you have only shown that you havn't even researched to support your claims.

Overhead valve also = pushrod. That's another way of saying it. Are you sure you know anything about cars?

Joe Friday
I didnt talk smack asshole... you came to ME in my fucking guestbook so fuck off. :fu:

I tried to find a smiley of someone crying, but i couldent find one for you.

Regulator
DIE n00b :fu:

I don't really think you should talk to me that way

Regulator
02-12-2005, 03:40 PM

Of course there is more to it than that. ease of modification, sound, technology, etc.

CODY2003
02-12-2005, 03:41 PM
I guarantee that .1 liter of displacement will not make a noticeable difference, and certainly not enough to ever compare it's ability to withstand forced induction to that of the Hemi.
So I would guess that you also think that because it is only a small change that a 3/8 intake spacer doesn't make much of a difference.
Or that a few degrees of timing advance don't make much of a difference either.
It's all about simple geometric stress factors. the more spherical the combustion chamber is, the better it withstands the increased preasures.

I guess that because I have a V6 then that I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, so I'll leave it alone. You almighty gods of the V8 win.

thumpin347
02-12-2005, 03:42 PM
i'm not here to argue anything...but to say a 3.8 is a better all around motor than the 4.6 is kinda ludacris. both motors suck balls compared to other auto makers, plain and simple...4.6's make no torque and could be more efficient in terms of HP, and the 3.8...well, it makes no torque and could also be more efficient in terms of HP. i mean, cmon, nissans VQ motor puts out 287hp/274tq at 3.5L...you both have shitty motors

Stang Gurl
02-12-2005, 03:42 PM
I tried to find a smiley of someone crying, but i couldent find one for you.
I have figured it out... you V8 guys (not all, but a few) obviously have small CACKS... otherwise you wouldnt be so defensive of your displacement. People like you and KANE are nothing better than bullies who in real life, prolly get the shit kicked out of them on the regular, so you have to come here for a self esteme boost. LOOK AT ME IM BIG BAD INTERNET JOE FRIDAY! wooo fuckin' hoooo! who gives a FUCK which is better? Just fucking drop it... if you had stayed your stupid ass out of my guestbook with this bullshit which you know nothing about, this arguement would not be happening... you are just pissed cause you look STUPID for not knowing JACK SHIT... Have a good day :beerchug:

Stang Gurl
02-12-2005, 03:43 PM
I don't really think you should talk to me that way
what are you gonna do? E-beat me up?

Regulator
02-12-2005, 03:45 PM
:thumpupn:
So I would guess that you also think that because it is only a small change that a 3/8 intake spacer doesn't make much of a difference.
Or that a few degrees of timing advance don't make much of a difference either.
It's all about simple geometric stress factors. the more spherical the combustion chamber is, the better it withstands the increased preasures.

I guess that because I have a V6 then that I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, so I'll leave it alone. You almighty gods of the V8 win.

Regardless of stress factors or design of the combustion chamber, it will never withstand increased PRESSURE like a Hemi would. Why is that? A hemi is a man's engine, it is stout and built for performance. A 3.8 (or 3.9) V6 is built for high school girls and metrosexuals who want to pose with the image of a Mustang.

Yes an intake spacer and advance timing will make a difference. Less than a coke can of displacement per cylinder isn't going to give you much SOTP difference.

At least now you understand you don't know what the hell you're talking about, life is much more fun when you aren't living in denial

thumpin347
Of course there is more to it than that. ease of modification, sound, technology, etc.
umm, sound...yes, ease of modication, NO, technology NO

have you ever tried to rip apart heads off of a 4.6 for a cam swap? i've never cursed out loud as much as i have trying to work on my friend's mod motor. ease of modication, you can only say that about the ford pushrods. i could have a motor torn down and assembled with the block in the car in less than a day.

now, no technology is involved in any of ford's cars. you think because the mod motor runs an ODBII makes it a technological marvel? its the most basic engine management system available to the auto market.

Joe Friday
yeah thats it.. and you look like a jackass for driving that monstrousity you call a mustang around too.. you should paint some more interior panels in your free time. And if you think for some reason my "Cawk" size is some how realted to the right choice I made of selecting a V8 then you dont know what the hell your talking about.

http://www.gotstang.com/photodisplay.php?file=1560

Regulator
02-12-2005, 03:47 PM
what are you gonna do? E-beat me up?

Did I ever say that? When did I insinuate that I wanted to do such a thing, I don't beat women up

CODY2003
02-12-2005, 03:47 PM
:thumpupn:

Regardless of stress factors or design of the combustion chamber, it will never withstand increased PRESSURE like a Hemi would. Why is that? A hemi is a man's engine, it is stout and built for performance. A 3.8 (or 3.9) V6 is built for high school girls and metrosexuals who want to pose with the image of a Mustang.

Yes an intake spacer and advance timing will make a difference. Less than a coke can of displacement per cylinder isn't going to give you much SOTP difference.

At least now you understand you don't know what the hell you're talking about, life is much more fun when you aren't living in denial

Great support for you claim. I give mechanical analysis, and you counter with high school namecalling. :rofl:

Stang Gurl
02-12-2005, 03:48 PM
You guys can argue about which motor is better all you want... this was never my arguement... my arguement is do NOT come and tell me my car is one thing when I KNOW what my car is... I give a shit less about whether or not it performs better... the FACT is my car is what it is and nothing else. You guys have fun hashing out which is better. I could care less.

Joe Friday
02-12-2005, 03:49 PM
Great support for you claim. I give mechanical analysis, and you counter with high school namecalling. :rofl:

Yeah, but saying that .0167 liter displacement per cylender is going to make the 3.8 a beast... :ugh2:

You guys can argue about which motor is better all you want... this was never my arguement... my arguement is do NOT come and tell me my car is one thing when I KNOW what my car is... I give a shit less about whether or not it performs better... the FACT is my car is what it is and nothing else. You guys have fun hashing out which is better. I could care less.

Your not going to reply any more... man that really upsets me...

Stang Gurl
02-12-2005, 03:50 PM
yeah thats it.. and you look like a jackass for driving that monstrousity you call a mustang around too.. you should paint some more interior panels in your free time. And if you think for some reason my "Cawk" size is some how realted to the right choice I made of selecting a V8 then you dont know what the hell your talking about.

http://www.gotstang.com/photodisplay.php?file=1560
monstrosity? LMFAO... dude stfu... seriously... you are GAY. :gay: dont hate me cause my car would pull more pussy than yours ANY DAY. :lol:

CODY2003
02-12-2005, 03:50 PM
Good thinking....Run from the egos while you still can. :rofl: It't to late for me. :lol:

Regulator
02-12-2005, 03:51 PM
umm, sound...yes, ease of modication, NO, technology NO

have you ever tried to rip apart heads off of a 4.6 for a cam swap? i've never cursed out loud as much as i have trying to work on my friend's mod motor. ease of modication, you can only say that about the ford pushrods. i could have a motor torn down and assembled with the block in the car in less than a day.

now, no technology is involved in any of ford's cars. you think because the mod motor runs an ODBII makes it a technological marvel? its the most basic engine management system available to the auto market.

So are you saying that a pushrod 3.8 is easier to mod and get power out of than a 4.6? I'm speaking in terms of technology the overhead cam design vs. the pushrod design which has been used for years. Obviously there had to be some technological and mechanical advantage or else why wouldn't they keep cranking out 5.0's?

Joe Friday
monstrosity? LMFAO... dude stfu... seriously... you are GAY. :gay: dont hate me cause my car would pull more pussy than yours ANY DAY. :lol:

Yeah, those stock rims really get the ladies eh? :gay:

thumpin347
you guys are stupid for arguing about something like this...you both should be stripped of your mod privileges

CODY2003
02-12-2005, 03:52 PM
Yeah, but saying that .0167 liter displacement per cylender is going to make the 3.8 a beast... :ugh2:
I didn't say that is would become a beast. I'm saying that it will become a more well rounded engine that has more to it.

CODY2003
02-12-2005, 03:53 PM
you guys are stupid for arguing about something like this...you both should be stripped of your mod privileges
I have to agree with you on this. I'm dropping out. It's not worth fighting against the egos in here any more.

Stang Gurl
02-12-2005, 03:53 PM
Yeah, those stock rims really get the ladies eh? :gay:
If you ONLY knew LMFAO.... again you have no idea what you are even getting into here so you should stop there while you can... I just dropped 5Gs into my car... recent pics soon to come :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

this is the part where you say im stupid for not getting a blower

Joe Friday
02-12-2005, 03:54 PM
I didn't say that is would become a beast. I'm saying that it will become a more well rounded engine that has more to it.

Okay, just checking, BTW dosen't the 3.8 go into windstar mini vans?

Regulator
If you ONLY knew LMFAO.... again you have no idea what you are even getting into here so you should stop there while you can... I just dropped 5Gs into my car... recent pics soon to come :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5g's into decals and 22's?

Stang Gurl
I have to agree with you on this. I'm dropping out. It's not worth fighting against the egos in here any more.
Yeah and you know what they say about boys with big egos dont ya cody? :lol:

CODY2003
02-12-2005, 03:55 PM
Okay, just checking, BTW dosen't the 3.8 go into windstar mini vans?
A different version of it yes.

Stang Gurl
5g's into decals and 22's?
No sweetheart... the only decals on my car are on my quarter window and those are called SPONSORS...

Joe Friday

If you didn't get a blower you're a tard. Please tell me you got lambo doors, shitty rims, underglow lights, dat shit be ballin yo

thumpin347
So are you saying that a pushrod 3.8 is easier to mod and get power out of than a 4.6? I'm speaking in terms of technology the overhead cam design vs. the pushrod design which has been used for years. Obviously there had to be some technological and mechanical advantage or else why wouldn't they keep cranking out 5.0's?
ease of modification will ALWAYS point to a more primitive motor like the 302.

CODY2003
02-12-2005, 03:57 PM
Yeah and you know what they say about boys with big egos dont ya cody? :lol:
No comment. My ego's up there pretty good too. :rofl:

Regulator
02-12-2005, 03:58 PM
well given we are talking about a 3.8 vs. a 4.6 the 5.0 doesn't really come into play. Of course a pushrod 5.0 is easy to work on, also the fact that they are compact in size so working in the engine bay is a breeze.

I'm just saying a 4.6 is easier to mod than a 3.8

ComputerGuy
02-12-2005, 03:58 PM

Your not going to reply any more... man that really upsets me...

WOW. All I have to say is your mother should have been PRO-CHOICE.

You are such a HIGH MIGHTY 4.6 Owner. You look down upon US LITTLE 3.8 or 3.9 owners. GUESS WHAT.

You Sir are a Dick head. You think you are better than any other person who surrounds you.

Yeah, your saying in your sig is you carry a badge, I certainly hope you are not a Peace Officer.

You Sir are Dumb da Dumb Dumb

Joe Friday
02-12-2005, 03:59 PM
http://www.gotstang.com/photodisplay.php?file=1072

Joe Friday
02-12-2005, 04:00 PM
You Sir are Dumb da Dumb Dumb

wow, your pretty clever... oh well when I get in my car I hear american Rumbler, when you start yours you hear the par of a mini van.

BTW I looked it up. the 3.8 in the windstar is the same block with diffrent mounts for the bell housing on the FWD transmission

J
02-12-2005, 04:01 PM
:closed: